Good Covid News – The End Of Restrictions In Sight

webfact

1 hour ago, johnnyloda said:

Just few days ago, Anutin said that there is absolutely no mention to declare the covid endemic on July 1st and now someone says that it will probably be half a month earlier ... it's nice to see that they have clear ideas and above all that hey follow a common line ... 

Everything Anutin says should be taken with a pinch of salt - he is being "D.C." (Deliberately Controversial)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, brommers said:

If we don't have to wear masks I will have to go back to trimming my nose hairs, shaving every day & brushing my teeth!

Ha, ha, when you get older the nose hairs are more growing than the hair on your head.

I'm happy with my Philips nose hair cutter.

I forgot to mention, the same happens with the hair in my ears, I didn't have that before.

Edited by Peterphuket
  • Haha 2

Though this is welcome news, I don't believe for one minute that the Minister of Public Health Anutin Charnvirakul will make an early decision on dropping the Thailand Pass for foreigners until late June. That's another 4 weeks away. 

Dr Kiatiphum said that more restrictions will be lifted so people can live almost as before, but under new normal requirements. Depending on what these "new normal requirements" are, I still won't be making a decision on whether I'll be booking a flight to Thailand this year for my long vacation. I'll need to read the small print first.

Edited by Senior Player
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

Good Covid News – The End Of Restrictions In Sight

Waiting for the U-turn...

That IS the U-turn, after Anutin said the country isn't ready to treat it as endemic. And since when is having to continue wearing masks 'normal'? Perhaps Thailand needs to look at what is happening all over the world to see what is normal.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Get rid of the Thai pass TIT

Whilst I agree and question why it is really needed, it is not hard to obtain, mine arrived today by email approximately three or four hours after the application was lodged.

Along with the Department that Issues Thai passports that is two efficient Departments I have dealt with, if only they could educate the others, in particular Immigration.

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The government and goons like Anutin are largely responsible for an environment of fear at this stage of the game. This is about maintaining paranoia, control, and fear. After all, you would not want the people to get too comfortable. They might take to the streets again, and show their disdain for this thoroughly toxic, and nearly useless administration. 

And the proxy monkey business will play right into that agenda. I guess the TP will now be with us for the foreseeable future. Expect a certficate from a dermatologist to say you have no suspicious rash to be added to the required documentation.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I am hoping we can do away with the face masks. It is likely that washing your hands many times a day is 20x more effective than wearing a cloth mask, anyway. 

It is getting to the point to utter stupidity, and a total lack of common sense. The other day I was in an outdoor restaurant, and there was an entire table of people wearing masks. As soon as the food arrives, not only did they all take off their masks, but they were digging into the common area food with their own spoons, which they have already eaten with. The lack of science in this debate, and situation is stunning. 

It is really about keeping the people scared, at this time. Numbers continue to drop, standard cloth masks have limited effectiveness, wearing them outdoors is downright silly, and this ultra paranoid behavior has to stop. The government and goons like

Anutin are largely responsible for an environment of fear at this stage of the game. This is about maintaining paranoia, control, and fear. After all, you would not want the people to get too comfortable. They might take to the streets again, and show their disdain for this thoroughly toxic, and nearly useless administration. 

Actually, it's the hand washing that's probably useless, at least in regards to covid. Covid is mostly, if not entirely, spread by inhalation.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

From what i read in the news it is mainly passed in the gay and bisexual community,so not agreat deal of a problem for the ordinary person.

Well, that may be the case. But authorities have also pointed out that a disproportionate number of cases among the gay male community may be because clinics that deal with sexually transmitted diseases have been reached out to for data. 

4 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Well, the next nail into the tourism coffin is in the making. For the time being they have pending:
- Thaipass, only for the dirty farang as of 1 June 2022

So Japanese, Indians, and Africans won't be needing a thaipass? 

12 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

From what i read in the news it is mainly passed in the gay and bisexual community,so not agreat deal of a problem for the ordinary person.

Correct, it's been around since 1958 and those infected of late are mainly gay, bisexual and transgenders in their 20's to 50's, but the media is hyping it up as usual.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Has this gone into effect already?  Can I dispense with my mask when outside? ????

I would keep one handy... the only place I feel I should be wearing one is walking around say in a restaurant... (which may well be open air). If the locals arrive masked to walk to their seats, they deserve the same consideration. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

...just like AIDS really????

16 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Yes, and no. At the same time they say it's airborne... So, just like Covid-19 in the beginning, nobody really knows.

11 hours ago, placeholder said:

Actually, it's the hand washing that's probably useless, at least in regards to covid. Covid is mostly, if not entirely, spread by inhalation.

If it was spread only by inhalation, the spread would have been much worse, as the cloth masks do not protect much against inhalation. Frankly, I think they protect others more, than they protect the one wearing the mask. Just another in the countless aspects of this thing we do not know much about. It has never really been defined as an aerosol virus. And it is a fact that it can be spread through shaking hands with someone who is infected, or touching something, like a surface they just touched. But, for how long? One minute? Eight minutes? Nobody knows. Remember the packaging craze? Wash everything you bring back from the store. And the Chinese have blockaded many imports, as they are afraid it lives on fruit forever. There is so much insanity and overly vigilant behavior surrounding this thing. 

• Like 1