Seems you need a master’s degree to handle Thai immigration rules

webfact

2 hours ago, Orinoco said:

Nah, don't buy it.

Just laziness. very few people need an agent,

( but some people can and do find themselves in a position where an agent is  needed )

You must live near a great immigration office - this is good.

I have in the past spent hours sitting and waiting.

And as I wrote before I have children who I need to pickup from school and can't be late ever - that's how I am with my kids - spending a very small amount of money to take care of my family is how I live my life - we may very well be different - which is OK as that makes the world interesting...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TravelerEastWest said:

You must live near a great immigration office - this is good.

I have in the past spent hours sitting and waiting.

And as I wrote before I have children who I need to pickup from school and can't be late ever - that's how I am with my kids - spending a very small amount of money to take care of my family is how I live my life - we may very well be different - which is OK as that makes the world interesting...

Great stuff, respect to you for using your kids as an excuse for one day a year. 

But never had kids needing school run in  Thailand.

just one step daughter at Uni at present.

So I don't know the pressures of it all here, to not allow a partner or family friend or an other mother or dad to do the task for one day a year for you.

ok i understand.  ( friends mum in uk used to do it for me and Satan in the uk years a go, if needed )

Lazy fits for me.

Guess we are all different, but I believe the truth set us all free.

Good day.

8 hours ago, Orinoco said:

Nah, don't buy it.

Just laziness. very few people need an agent,

( but some people can and do find themselves in a position where an agent is  needed )

In essence correct. I go direct to Govt. here for everything, just not Retirement Stay, where my preferences & known Immigration humiliation / rule change practice, dictate Agent use.????????

Now the other main (often door - to - door) Agent Use reason seen here is purely Mobility/ Convenience. If you are ill or wheelchair- bound or don’t drive & your (humiliating) Immigration or Passport Office is 200 kms away, for example. ????????

5 hours ago, Orinoco said:

Great stuff, respect to you for using your kids as an excuse for one day a year. 

So I don't know the pressures of it all here, to not allow a partner or family friend or an other mother or dad to do the task for one day a year for you.

ok i understand.  ( friends mum in uk used to do it for me and Satan in the uk years a go, if needed )

Lazy fits for me.

Good day.

Not everyone here is as fortunate as you to have a cooperative fair Immigration Office. Just hope you are not “ surprised” as below on next visit with New IO ( It Happens). 

My Immigration have also been fine for Touristy stuff with no surprises. However, they are, or can be, well - known as a complete Nightmare of Abusive Power/ Control / Humiliation; for Retirement & Marriage Stays ????????

Lengthy Waits/ “ Wrong “ Bank AC Type/ Embassy Letters/ Outright Denial / Same Day AC Activity/ Bank Letter Form & Language/ Seasoning Changes/ Multiple Photocopies / Come Back Tomorrow, etc . Then similar reduced routine for 90 Day Reporting. ????????

Not Happening to This Guy. 
Was messed around with my lady for 12 weeks by Municipal getting Yellow House Book as no Agent would do it ( knew it would be Hell). 
Never Again. Should Have Walked. 

So Immigration Agent Sourced & Used. 20k Premium vs. DIY Attempt. Guaranteed Result.

No Stress. No Humiliation. 90 Day Reporting by Agent 500 baht.????????

Agent did want my Bank Book & Yellow House Book which many won’t have but Agent will then open Bank AC & get TM 30 Done (inc in service fee).????????

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Please see my edited post above... I thought I was replying to the guy in Phuket who pays his agent 22K to do his extension so he doesn't have to meet the financial requirements... 

Apologies again (And I will start drinking now but Singha never Chang for me, Tequilas for the ladies ???? ).. 

not just for that. See my detailed reply to Orinoco just now ! ????????

6 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Major EDIT: Apologies I thought I was replying to the guy who pays his agent 22K to do his extension, if you do yours yourself then full power to you... Me... I hate paperwork & the the 6K gets amortized to 500 THB pm or less than 20 THB per day so it's worth it (To me) ... 

Last year I was in & out of CW in 30 minutes & that included going into Bangkok Bank to get my bank book updated & photocopied... 

No bribe to an immigration officer was required as like you I choose to adhere to the rules of the country I've decided to make my home.... 

Pompous Self-Righteous Guff. You even use an Agent to avoid the direct process. I avoid Financials & Process on principle plus Financials are NOT actually required by Immigration Rules ! ???????? Can be “waived”. No “ bribe” here. Market Agent Service Used with Agreed Scope & Price. 

Nobody “spoiling” anything for your naive pompous kind.

Immigration here, like all, is systematically corrupt. THEY created & operate Agent System!

????????????There are effectively No Rules here, only Culture. Open Your Eyes & Goodnight. Dismissed. 

6 hours ago, TropicalGuy said:

not just for that. See my detailed reply to Orinoco just now ! ????????

Pompous Self-Righteous Guff. You even use an Agent to avoid the direct process. I avoid Financials & Process on principle plus Financials are NOT actually required by Immigration Rules ! ???????? Can be “waived”. No “ bribe” here. Market Agent Service Used with Agreed Scope & Price. 

Nobody “spoiling” anything for your naive pompous kind.

Immigration here, like all, is systematically corrupt. THEY created & operate Agent System!

????????????There are effectively No Rules here, only Culture. Open Your Eyes & Goodnight. Dismissed. 

"No “ bribe” here"  & I'm the "Naïve" one !!! - Yeah the Senior Immigration officer is doing it out of the goodness of his heart  because you're such a great guy. 

I don't avoid any process, I simply use an agent to fill in all of the paperwork & "hand hold" me through the process, I still get the letters from the bank & go to immigration on the day like anybody who's not using a dodgy agent & having their extension done "Up Country" does. 

People who "Bend" the financial rules have clearly made it more difficult for the ones that do it the legitimate way (e.g. The need to keep 800K in the bank for 5 months instead of 2 & at least 400K all year round) as I've said, I keep 2 years spending money in the bank (Stupid I know as only 1Million of it is guaranteed) so this doesn't impact me  but I am sure it has impacted other guys who used to spend down the 800K over the year and now have to maintain it OR use an agent.

You claim not to do it on principal (I don't understand what principal you're maintaining that means you don't want to adhere to the immigration rules of the country you've decided to live in) others claim to not do it because the 800K earns them more money invested in their own country... Too each his own...  

At the end of the day you do it your way & I'll do it mine... Peace Out...  

• Like 2

On 5/23/2022 at 6:40 PM, aussiexpat said:

So many obvious inaccurate statements, pointed out by so many, and yet no corrections made to the article?

I've always been a little confused by the account name "webfact," because it implies subliminally that everything that comes out of it is fact, and combined with this member being an admin, it has the effect of creating a false sense of authority. What or who is "webfact" and what is their role on this forum (besides being an admin)? Are they a real person who is actually writing these "articles"?

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Enzian said:

The fact that an independent businessman, an "agent", can access an immigration officer in a way that I cannot and never will, is a disgrace to the country, and totally ignored by the powers in the government.

People have been known to pay directly too!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TropicalGuy said:

Not everyone here is as fortunate as you to have a cooperative fair Immigration Office. Just hope you are not “ surprised” as below on next visit with New IO ( It Happens). 

My Immigration have also been fine for Touristy stuff with no surprises. However, they are, or can be, well - known as a complete Nightmare of Abusive Power/ Control / Humiliation; for Retirement & Marriage Stays ????????

Lengthy Waits/ “ Wrong “ Bank AC Type/ Embassy Letters/ Outright Denial / Same Day AC Activity/ Bank Letter Form & Language/ Seasoning Changes/ Multiple Photocopies / Come Back Tomorrow, etc . Then similar reduced routine for 90 Day Reporting. ????????

Not Happening to This Guy. 
Was messed around with my lady for 12 weeks by Municipal getting Yellow House Book as no Agent would do it ( knew it would be Hell). 
Never Again. Should Have Walked. 

So Immigration Agent Sourced & Used. 20k Premium vs. DIY Attempt. Guaranteed Result.

No Stress. No Humiliation. 90 Day Reporting by Agent 500 baht.????????

Agent did want my Bank Book & Yellow House Book which many won’t have but Agent will then open Bank AC & get TM 30 Done (inc in service fee).????????

I don't have an easy immigration office.

But I asked them in advance, of what are the requirements for retirement extension, when i changed province , so when the time came i had all the ducks in a row. so no big problems.

Most people that have problems with immigration , just don't have the correct paper work,  and or, don't keep up with the changes at there particular office. 

As I have said before, some people do require an agent at times. ( most are just lazy, there's that word again, that just sets people on fire. ) but it's the truth.

People talk about the humiliation at immigration they feel

when doing the extension themselves, but the true humiliation is to us all,  who don't use an agent and have to sit there and watch a guy walk in with a fist full of passports and plonk them on the immigration officers desk

of course on the top of the pile. ( what a laugh)

Having a yellow book is not a requirement in Thailand.

22 years and still don't haver one.

I believe using agents just makes it more difficult in the long run for those that do extensions the correct way.

as the immigration officers have one eye all the time on the back pocket. ( you are encouraging corruption )

Don't use agents unless you truly have to.

Happy extensions to you all. :jap:

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Orinoco said:

Lazy fits for me.

Good day.

I got it now - you are not serious just having fun with your posts...

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, TravelerEastWest said:

I got it now - you are not serious just having fun with your posts...

No

Your excuse for one day a year is just silly

and you know it. ( Lazy ) there's that word again.

Happy immigration days to you all.

The good the bad and the Lazy. :jap:

Edited by Orinoco

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

People have been known to pay directly too!

I assume you mean that sometimes IOs ask directly for money instead of us going through an agent. It has happened to people I know but never to me.

My post you were responding to complained that agents have access to IOs that we don't have. I want to elaborate that the real crime (if I can call it that) is that what goes on between the agent and the IO is non-transparent. I can imagine  a country allowing independent businessmen to facilitate and smooth over problems if everyone in the world knows exactly what goes on, the monies accounted and the professional relationships, etc. But afaik that doesn't happen here. So yes from my western pov it's absolute corruption, and not just a "culture". Not all values are relative, if I may be so naive.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Orinoco said:

I don't have an easy immigration office.

But I asked them in advance, of what are the requirements for retirement extension, when i changed province , so when the time came i had all the ducks in a row. so no big problems.

Most people that have problems with immigration , just don't have the correct paper work,  and or, don't keep up with the changes at there particular office. 

As I have said before, some people do require an agent at times. ( most are just lazy, there's that word again, that just sets people on fire. ) but it's the truth.

People talk about the humiliation at immigration they feel

when doing the extension themselves, but the true humiliation is to us all,  who don't use an agent and have to sit there and watch a guy walk in with a fist full of passports and plonk them on the immigration officers desk

of course on the top of the pile. ( what a laugh)

Having a yellow book is not a requirement in Thailand.

22 years and still don't haver one.

I believe using agents just makes it more difficult in the long run for those that do extensions the correct way.

as the immigration officers have one eye all the time on the back pocket. ( you are encouraging corruption )

Don't use agents unless you truly have to.

Happy extensions to you all. :jap:

Good point about prior planning ( prevents pery  poor performance!). 
But you are completely wrong about that popular myth of Agents “ruining it” for the “ honest” direct applicants, as Immigration System CREATED & Includes Agents! 

See my other related post taking the other guy here to task over his self- righteous, holier -than -thou nonsense ????????

Never said YB required;  it avoids TM30 need though and guarantees 5 Year Thai Driving License. I got YB as “ project” and to get the pink card ..   which turned out to be completely useless ????????

Edited by TropicalGuy

3 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

Good point about prior planning ( prevents <deleted> poor performance!). 
But you are completely wrong about that popular myth of Agents “ruining it” for the “ honest” direct applicants, as Immigration System CREATED & Includes Agents! 

See my other related post on this post taking the other guy here to task over his self- righteous holier than thou nonsense ????????

Nah.

15 minutes ago, proton said:

The no bribes notice on samut prakan site, strangely only in Thai, as is the online survey underneath. maybe agents can read it ????

Screenshot 2565-06-07 at 14.57.28.png

Perfect official example of the total hypocrisy of society here. Not only here of course. ????????????

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

Main Reason farang gets messed around here is NOT because Docs Incomplete ( another myth), it’s because Agent NOT Used???????? Farang is pushed towards Agent Use and I have seen friends succumb eventually…

I'm sure this, as well as other things, happens in many cases. But for my 2 cents, I realize that every time for the past 6 years that I've gone in to renew my Non-O, I've had an articulate Thai girlfriend with me, and every time I come out thinking "I couldn't have done it without her". So to be honest, this is probably the reason I've never had recourse to the very competent agent that a friend introduced me to.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

Delusion Force is Strong with This One. ????????????

Never found 1,900 baht for 12 months extension of stay based on retirement, delusional.

But some will have your believe you  need to  pay, 

5, 10. 15, 20,000 baht for this.

Please take your pick,

1)  Laziness.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

2) Not enough funds to live here, but Bs big time about it. 

3) Cant get there, hospital and few other good reasons, for using an agent.

I would have so much respect for  people who just told the truth instead of acting like snakes in the grass.

That was not directed at you in person,  just 

at the huge Bs boys and girls on this thread.

Maybe some have been here so  long That they have had a cultural shift and don't want to loose face. :giggle:

I reckon a massive.

Capture.PNG

Edited by Orinoco

On 5/24/2022 at 3:50 AM, SmartyMarty said:

Never had any issues navigating around the rules and regulations. Mind you, I've always used an agent to smooth the way ahead.

well said Sir, very sensible if I may say so.  Despite having the 800K safely tucked away in my Thai bank , I do the same, never have a problem.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

Never found 1,900 baht for 12 months extension of stay based on retirement, delusional.

Please take your pick,

I would have so much respect for  people who just told the truth instead of acting like snakes in the grass.

Maybe some have been here so  long they have a cultural shift and don't want to loose face. :giggle:

I reckon a massive.

Capture.PNG

Mine is your number one,  but your list is incomplete;  add, don't like queues, don't like irate farangs in Immigration, don't like the sun and the heat of waiting outside, don't like capricious IOs who have got out of bed on the wrong side that day, don't like paperwork. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

Please take your pick,

Maybe some have been here so  long That they have had a cultural shift and don't want to loose face. :giggle:

I reckon a massive.

Capture.PNG

“Delusion” being refusal to accept Immigration here is a business including agents.
You’ve simply ignored my own reasons for Agent use, repeated your own & added one which I advised you of.

So what if people don’t have funds ? Not Required Anyway. They may have Family/ House/ Business but these may not  “ qualify” for stay officially.Little compassion here. 
You also have no idea of Agent Scope & Rates. Then you start deflecting with “ what about” what others say ? Who Cares ? People believe all sorts of obvious nonsense even when it’s clearly exposed. ????????

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

Mine is your number one,  but your list is incomplete;  add, don't like queues, don't like irate farangs in Immigration, don't like the sun and the heat of waiting outside, don't like capricious IOs who have got out of bed on the wrong side that day, don't like paperwork. 

No, you are in part of Number 1 on the list.

Sorry if you and many more don't like  the terminology.

But the cap fits you real well. :giggle:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

“Delusion” being refusal to accept Immigration here is a business including agents.
You’ve simply ignored my own reasons for Agent use, repeated your own & added one which I advised you of.

So what if people don’t have funds ? Not Required Anyway. They may have Family/ House/ Business but these may not  “ qualify” for stay officially.Little compassion here. 
You also have no idea of Agent Scope & Rates. Then you start deflecting with “ what about” what others say ? Who Cares ? People believe all sorts of obvious nonsense even when it’s clearly exposed. ????????

Keep it up.

I'm sure someone is interested in you.

He may have left the room a while a go. :coffee1:

(  So what if people don’t have funds ? Not Required Anyway. )

Honestly,  are you for  real  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok  I give in, Black is white.

good day, what a laugh 

Edited by Orinoco
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

plus Denial, Return Tomorrow, Leave Country statements. Crowds, Disease, Mobility, Stress; all part of systemic Humiliation / Control / Agent system.

Have always done ALL direct with Govt, just NOT Retirememt Stay????

10 hours ago, PadPrikKhing said:

I've always been a little confused by the account name "webfact," because it implies subliminally that everything that comes out of it is fact, and combined with this member being an admin, it has the effect of creating a false sense of authority. What or who is "webfact" and what is their role on this forum (besides being an admin)? Are they a real person who is actually writing these "articles"?

Indeed. You know how that is.........never ever question or challenge the authoritarian figures even when it's commonly understood that they continuously come across as more than a bit daft and hypocritical. ????

Shame on you. ????

Back to the subject matter at hand: 

Rumour has it that the TP scheme will be scraped by July.......so all those whingers and moaners will have to find another direction to feed their passions. It's all good!!!!!

Edited by zzaa09

6 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

Keep it up.

I'm sure someone is interested in you.

He may have left the room a while a go. :coffee1:

(  So what if people don’t have funds ? Not Required Anyway. )

Honestly,  are you for  real  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok  I give in, Black is white.

good day, what a laugh 

Yeah, laughs are at your expense though. Already told you funds can be officially waived under written Immigration “rules”. Ignoring Facts.

Never Mind. The Church of Immigration is ever open to proud compliant gullible fools believing in imaginary “requirements” written in its Bible, administered to its Faithful Farang Congregation, by its Priests (IO), while the Cardinals operate a parallel Satanistic “ do as thou willt” cult of “ Agent Waiver”  ….. with no rules????????????????