Tariff cost to bring my 55” tv back to Thailand

chopper23

10 hours ago, timendres said:

I would recommend that you sell the TV in Kenya, and purchase a new one in Thailand.

The duty on a TV is 20%. That is 3,200 THB.

Assuming that customs accepts your 16,000 THB value, and does not try to argue for more.

A brand new LG Nanocell 55" TV on Lazada is 16,000 THB.

If you can sell the TV for more than 13,000 THB, you are coming out ahead.

Plus you will have a new warranty, backed by LG in Thailand.

Shipping for this relatively big parcel will probably also cost quite a bit, that can easily be another 5k.

• Like 1

Don't know that i would recommend it but i took one from KL through Suvarnabhumi just before covid. I was with the Mrs and customs asked her about it. She just said we were relocating from Malaysia back to Thailand and they waved us on. We had quite a few other things also. 

On 5/25/2022 at 3:50 AM, timendres said:

I would recommend that you sell the TV in Kenya, and purchase a new one in Thailand.

The duty on a TV is 20%. That is 3,200 THB.

Assuming that customs accepts your 16,000 THB value, and does not try to argue for more.

A brand new LG Nanocell 55" TV on Lazada is 16,000 THB.

If you can sell the TV for more than 13,000 THB, you are coming out ahead.

Plus you will have a new warranty, backed by LG in Thailand.

Who da fxxx is buying a second hand TV for 13000 baht lol

• Like 1

You can buy brand name TV's here cheap, I bought 55" Samsung Smart for 13,000bht. Just bought a Thai TCL 55" Smart for 18,000bht, which is better than the Samsung, the onboard sound is excellent, no need for my theatre surround sound..????

• Like 2

On 5/25/2022 at 3:16 PM, Jimbo53 said:

I can't believe the Poster has'nt been to the local witch doctor to get his head examined,putting up a post like this certainly brought a bemused smile to my face ????????????????

I can't believe that you're so "bemused" that you didn't read his OP,  not to mention so arrogant and insulting with the "witch doctor reference. He posted that he's bringing it back, not couriering it here. 

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 2

Shipping will be expensive, and these TVs are delicate. Anything can happen and repairs are expensive. And TV prices are really coming down. You can buy a really good 55", on a closeout for 25 to 30 thousand baht. Why bother? 

Would a TV purchased in Kenya  work in Thailand ? I know that back in the day a TV bought in continental Europe wouldn't work in the UK, 2 different broadcasting systems, best you check what system they use here & Kenya. 

9 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

This is a windup gents, to get everyone to play (which you did).

As you see the OP hasn't been back.

Hold on a mo, he's gone out to try and flog his tele.........????

19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I can't believe that you're so "bemused" that you didn't read his OP,  not to mention so arrogant and insulting with the "witch doctor reference. He posted that he's bringing it back, not couriering it here. 

Are u for real? 

Do you really think he is going to bring/take a 55" Tv on a plane,train, boat,or whatever means of Transport he chooses to travel over 7000 kilometres from Kenya? ????????????

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Jimbo53 said:

Are u for real? 

Do you really think he is going to bring/take a 55" Tv on a plane,train, boat,or whatever means of Transport he chooses to travel over 7000 kilometres from Kenya? ????????????

Checked luggage on the plane.  Yes. I'm for real.  Are you?

• Sad 2

21 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Checked luggage on the plane.  Yes. I'm for real.  Are you?

Are you a real Scouser?

I have a number of Scouse mates',and not one of them would dream of hand carrying a 55" Tv,checked In,or otherwise to Thailand.

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

That would depend on the Airline, I would have thought.

Bicycles are accpeted, Skiis are accepted, all considerably bigger than 55 inches.

I would say there is a tad difference between taking in Sports Equipment,and a Tv with an easily breakable screen and sensitive electronic partsl!

Also in the amount of Customs Duty payable on arrival! ????

2 hours ago, Jimbo53 said:

Are you a real Scouser?

I have a number of Scouse mates',and not one of them would dream of hand carrying a 55" Tv,checked In,or otherwise to Thailand.

"Are you a real Scouser?"

What's that got to do with you and what's the relevance to the OP?  Did I say that I was a "scouser", real or otherwise? 

What your mates check in is irrelevant also, who cares?   The OP said that he wanted to bring a TV to Bangkok through the airport.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo53 said:

I would say there is a tad difference between taking in Sports Equipment,and a Tv with an easily breakable screen

Wouldn't you also say that that decision would be up to the OP? Checked luggage frequently contains well-protected, fragile items.

• Like 1