COVID-19 Kills Patient Who Got 4th Jab

snoop1130

S__40878171-e1653549757180-1024x537.jpg-1-768x403.jpg

BANGKOK, May 26 (TNA) – The country logged 37 new COVID-19-related fatalities over the past 24 hours including a person who was not in a vulnerable group and already received the 4th vaccine shot.

Dr Apisamai Srirangson, spokeswoman of the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration, said on Thursday, there were 4,924 new Covid-19 cases, confirmed with the RT-PCR method over the past 24 hours.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

She said 46,595 people were receiving treatment for COVID-19 including 27,440, or 58%, who either were at field hospitals and community isolation facilities or conducted home isolation.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-949372

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2022-05-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Closed borders, masks and under-reporting I think you will find had a lot to do with this.

Possibly to an extent, but it would be colossal under reporting.... can under report a few dead here and there, but 10's of thousands, i am not sure with social media now that you can get away with mass under reporting.  Also its questionable whether closed boarders was necessarily a bad policy.... its not as if the UK are reaping some kind of windfall of economic benefit from being more open than others. Maybe boarder closures or more restrictions was the sensible option in hindsight....

If you are putting masks on your list, surely that it was mandatory here was a smart move to enforce....

Edited by smutcakes
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Possibly to an extent, but it would be colossal under reporting.... can under report a few dead here and there, but 10's of thousands, i am not sure with social media now that you can get away with mass under reporting.  Also its questionable whether closed boarders was necessarily a bad policy.... its not as if the UK are reaping some kind of windfall of economic benefit from being more open than others. Maybe boarder closures or more restrictions was the sensible option in hindsight....

If you are putting masks on your list, surely that it was mandatory here was a smart move to enforce....

Excess deaths have now been reported by the WHO. Have a look. As for masks I for one was wearing one well in advance of any govt announcement. UK had huge numbers because they left their borders open and no one wore masks. US closed their borders but pretty well ignored the severity of the disease and again no one wore masks. This, however, is somewhat straying from my OP of 4th jab for 65's+ or those with underlying health conditions. I know a teacher that had to have a 4th jab. Early 40's strong and healthy with no underlying health conditions and actually had covid around 3 months ago. Another friend was taken to a field hospital with covid and on release was told he should have a booster. He obviously declined this madness.

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

4th vaccine shot.

4th shot of what ? the Chinese rubbish ? or 3 of the Chinese rubbish plus a fourth of Pfizer which only amounts to one, Pfizer, actually being effective and hence meant that person was not fully vaccinated with something that works.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, smutcakes said:

Not saying they are smarter, but looking at the death rates it certainly seems Thailand have done better than USA, Europe and Britain. Cannot be that stupid....

As regards UK and death rates, it could be that Thai doctors are patient instead of process and budget driven i.e. less likely to decide that a patient's condition is 'intractable' and discontinue treatment. I know which I prefer.

17 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Excess deaths have now been reported by the WHO. Have a look. As for masks I for one was wearing one well in advance of any govt announcement. UK had huge numbers because they left their borders open and no one wore masks. US closed their borders but pretty well ignored the severity of the disease and again no one wore masks. This, however, is somewhat straying from my OP of 4th jab for 65's+ or those with underlying health conditions. I know a teacher that had to have a 4th jab. Early 40's strong and healthy with no underlying health conditions and actually had covid around 3 months ago. Another friend was taken to a field hospital with covid and on release was told he should have a booster. He obviously declined this madness.

Ok, so going back to your original post where you sarcastically question the ability of 'Thai' experts compared to USA, UK, Europe Australia...

Thai experts mandated masks- as you admit this was a factor in Thailand having less deaths and cases

Thai experts mandated lock downs- as you admit this was a factor in Thailand having less deaths and cases (Australia did as well, even stricter than Thailand)

General populace ignoring advice- General populace are stupid...

Not sure why you would trust US, Aus, UK and European experts so much- seems the bulk of evidence points to the Thai 'experts' did a significantly better job of advising the Govt on necessary measures than their counterparts.

(*- I to trust European, US, Aus and UK experts more, but i don't think Thailand has equipped itself so badly that they deserve sarcastic ridicule of their experts views.)

48 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

I would still be very interested in seeing if there were virul pneumonia excess deaths. I suspect there were. I remember at the beginning virul pneumonia numbers were available but that site went dark very quickly. China and India are good examples of colossal under-reporting.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Ok, so going back to your original post where you sarcastically question the ability of 'Thai' experts compared to USA, UK, Europe Australia...

Thai experts mandated masks- as you admit this was a factor in Thailand having less deaths and cases

Thai experts mandated lock downs- as you admit this was a factor in Thailand having less deaths and cases (Australia did as well, even stricter than Thailand)

General populace ignoring advice- General populace are stupid...

Not sure why you would trust US, Aus, UK and European experts so much- seems the bulk of evidence points to the Thai 'experts' did a significantly better job of advising the Govt on necessary measures than their counterparts.

(*- I to trust European, US, Aus and UK experts more, but i don't think Thailand has equipped itself so badly that they deserve sarcastic ridicule of their experts views.)

Where did I say anything about lockdowns. Please don't make up things I didn't say.

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I hope you understand that reporting mortality in Thailand does not follow the same rules as in USA, Europe and Britain.

Ah ok, did not know that. For Covid what were the differences in reporting?

I'm far from being one of those nutty "anti-vaxer" types, so 3 jabs is enough for me.  I have family & friends that caught covid, these days it seems the usual course is 3 days of fever/chills, sore throat.  I don't think getting a shot every 6-9-12 months is needed.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Ah ok, did not know that. For Covid what were the differences in reporting?

Perhaps you don't know, but most Western nations have an elaborate system for determining cause of death for all persons, using impartial coroners under strict guidelines. Conversely, if a Thai dies at home in the village, determination of cause of death is perfunctory, and the body is disposed of quickly, ie cremation at the temple.

That's why so many Covid deaths were reported as pneumonia, since no one bothers to uncover the basis of the pneumonia, especially if the deceased were not tested before death.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Perhaps you don't know, but most Western nations have an elaborate system for determining cause of death for all persons, using impartial coroners under strict guidelines. Conversely, if a Thai dies at home in the village, determination of cause of death is perfunctory, and the body is disposed of quickly, ie cremation at the temple.

That's why so many Covid deaths were reported as pneumonia, since no one bothers to uncover the basis of the pneumonia, especially if the deceased were not tested before death.

Do you actually know that 'so many' Covid cases were reported as pneumonia? Presumably then there will be figures showing a massive uptick in Pneumonia over the past 2 years.

• Like 2

So the big headline covid kills patient after having 4 jabs. Is this actually the case I wonder as in died from or could it be a case of died with. You can have as many jabs as you like but you can still get infected.