Is insurance required for renewal of non-imm retirement visa since September 1st 2022 ?

OP, appears you are on extensions from a non O retirement as you have not required insurance previously.

Sept 1 changes concern non O-A and extensions from non O-A.

You do not require insurance..

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CitizenPeter said:

My original visa is OA, and I never presented insurance certificate for any renewal ( 5 years)...

Thank you for your help !

Do you deal with Phuket immigration office? 

1 minute ago, CitizenPeter said:

My original visa is OA, and I never presented insurance certificate for any renewal ( 5 years)...

Thank you for your help !

In any case as you started with OA you definitely do need the insurance and that is not at all new. Can't explain why you may have slipped through the cracks before 

As far as the required specs of the insurance, someone else please post that.

If this is a problem for you there is a process where you could start over with an O.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CitizenPeter said:

No, I'm registered in Chiang Mai

Can't understand how you have avoided insurance requirement.

That is why I asked about Phuket. Think insurance for extensions to non O-A (obtained prior to something like 2017) do not require insurance at that imm office.

Do you do your extensions yourself or use an agent? 

Edited by DrJack54

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Officer error?

I added small edit to my post.

Think insurance not required for extensions from a non O-A at Phuket if the non O-A was obtained prior to certain year.

Think it was 2017 (not sure)

The OP, is in CM. 

All I can think of is the OP is using agent. 

OP, how much do your extensions cost?

Edited by DrJack54

16 minutes ago, CitizenPeter said:

Thank you for all the information I got, I will check my status and ask confirmation ...

Usually I do everything by myself, so maybe I made a mistake OR I'm little bit confused with all these regulation about Covid...

Sure its possible that you think you started with OA but actually started with an O. Do check it. Or if you're uncertain you could post a picture here of your initial visa.

• Like 1

I'm puzzled too.  Friends of mine here in CM who came in originally with a Non-OA (some several years before 2017) have been required to have the insurance to get their annual extensions. So, as been said, somehow it's slipped through the cracks or the OP really came in on a Non-O (or converted to a Non-O in country).

• Like 2

CM definitely requires health insurance for Non O-A based on retirement, and has done so since the inception of the health insurance requirement. The amount of insurance for new visa applications increased, last year, from 400k I.P and 40k O.P to 3 million. This increase also becomes effective for extensions of stay from 1 Sept 2022. I regularly play golf with one of the senior IO's at CM and I can't even get around not having health insurance for my O-A based on retirement. The only way I can see you not having to have insurance is to be on a Non Imm O.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CitizenPeter said:

No, I'm registered in Chiang Mai

Dang, I am in Chiang Mai and my 400K/40K insurance is annually required for my original O-A  Extension of Stay. you have been most fortunate.

Edited by wwest5829

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Sure its possible that you think you started with OA but actually started with an O. Do check it. Or if you're uncertain you could post a picture here of your initial visa.

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

No other explanation in my book..

It is conceivable that he did start off with a non-OA visa but subsequently renewed his passport (before the mandatory insurance requirement came into force) and as part of the stamps transfer process his immigration office, in recording details of his previous passport in his new one, erroneously recorded his original visa as being of the non-O variety.

Sounds far-fetched, I know, but I do know of at least 1 person to whom this has happened - who, purely by chance, is none other than Yours Truly!????????

@CitizenPeter - is this what also happened in your case?

• Like 1

My Non O-A was issued in January of 2017. I have extended it every year since then.

I am 71 this year.

I used LMG since the required insurance. 7,700 per year.. 

I sent them an email last week asking for an invoice, or whatever, for up upcoming extension.

July 12. CW.

They haven't responded???

Someone said they only cover up to 70!!!

I will call today and find out. I fell a kick in the pants coming.

I don't have the money in the bank...so.....

Anyone know a low priced company that will work?

44 minutes ago, JohnOFphon said:

My Non O-A was issued in January of 2017. I have extended it every year since then.

I am 71 this year.

I sent them an email last week asking for an invoice, or whatever, for up upcoming extension.

July 12. CW.

If you already have insurance with them the will do it to the age of 75 if I recall correctly.

On 5/31/2022 at 11:36 AM, Jingthing said:

Or maybe he is extending based on marriage?

3 hours ago, JohnOFphon said:

I am 71 this year.

July 12. CW.

They haven't responded???

Someone said they only cover up to 70!!!

I will call today and find out. I fell a kick in the pants coming.

I don't have the money in the bank...so.....

Anyone know a low priced company that will work?

LMG O-A policy will enroll up to age 75 and once enrolled, renew until age 100.

So there should be no problem.

Try calling them.  Or is there an online portal for customers?

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

LMG O-A policy will enroll up to age 75 and once enrolled, renew until age 100.

So there should be no problem.

Try calling them.  Or is there an online portal for customers?

Now this is strange. I have sent 3 email . 2 to the [email protected] and 1 direct to the agent that helped me last year. First email was on Thursday and 2 today. early.

I just called...maybe during lunch...and only got a robot.

Did they go out of business??

29 minutes ago, JohnOFphon said:

Now this is strange. I have sent 3 email . 2 to the [email protected] and 1 direct to the agent that helped me last year. First email was on Thursday and 2 today. early.

I just called...maybe during lunch...and only got a robot.

Not that I know of.

1 hour ago, JohnOFphon said:

I have a feeling, based on some back and forths on this forum, that LMG is charging the new premiums for the 3 million baht policies (vs. the original 40/400 policies) for all one year policies that extend past Sept 2022. I guess when LmG responds to John, we'll have an answer....

13 minutes ago, JimGant said:

I have a feeling, based on some back and forths on this forum, that LMG is charging the new premiums for the 3 million baht policies (vs. the original 40/400 policies) for all one year policies that extend past Sept 2022. I guess when LmG responds to John, we'll have an answer....

Due to the new regulation of Thai immigration has changed the coverage of Health insurance from 440K THB to 3.5 M. THB or 100,000 USD. For visa renewal, may we suggest you to contact Thai immigration office about insurance coverage is required for visa renewal.
Since your existing policy covered 400,000 inpatient and 40,000 outpatient with 200,000 baht deductible per disability.
If you would like to change insurance coverage to 3.5 million baht or 100,000 USD, please indicate on the Change of Coverage Form and find the new brochure as files attached.
Just got this from LMG
my policy went from 7,700 to over 11,000
BS
Just a F..ing tax. 
I could get married but that stinks....... 
  • Thanks 1

As I believed, LMG is apparently charging the new rates for the new coverage -- for all policies whose 12 month renewal extends past Sept 1, 2022. Their hesitant wording -- "contact immigration about what insurance is required for visa renewal" says they're pussy footing around what they think the new requirement effective date is.

What a way to do business.