Lazada and Shopee out of China seems to be working much better now...

redwood1

Not sure what you have ordered but I order at least weekly and have not had many such issues with either Lazada or Shopee.  Yes some orders trake a few days longer than the normal 10-14 days but very few and most were due to Chinese lockdowns causing delay rather than actual flights.  That said it has become much harder to shop Thailand source and even when listed as Thailand many are drop ship (pre-order) from China so not real advantage (often takes longer in my experience than direct China orders).  Have also seen items sit in Thai customs for a week so perhaps some of issue is local (although not sure I place much trust in delivery status entries). 

Edited by lopburi3

On Lazada tracking you get a message about your item being in outgoing customs clearance in China which takes 5-7 days.  It does seem that getting things from China is better now.  I had several items canceled over the last year or so.

Also I have ordered a few things that said they were from Bangkok but when you see the tracking it is coming from China.

Aliexpress still seems pretty bad.  I have had a couple of disputes with sellers after tracking showed "failed delivery".  There is nearly always someone at my house and the shippers used by Aliexpress just leave stuff in the box or in the basket without asking for a signature.  So failed delivery is unlikely, if a proper attempt at delivery was made.  One of them told me to go and find the package at the post office but Aliexpress packages rarely come from the post office these days.  They seem to come from a local deliver service contracted by China Post or whoever the Chinese shipper was.  So no point in going to the post office and making an enquiry with no post office tracking number.  Aliexpress was much better pre-COVID but I now avoid them, if I can find the same product elsewhere and it is not a lot more expensive. However, Aliexpress is usually the cheapest. 

One of the problems I find with Lazarda, Shoopee and Aliexpress is that because they are allowed to take orders for things they don't have in stock, they frequently cancel orders, particularly China sellers. Since they don't notify the buyers,  you are frequently left waiting for something for wees, only to find out it has been cancelled by looking in your account. EBay doesn't do this as sellers there are supposed to have all items in stock.  Often you can find the same item from a China based seller on Ebay.   

16 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

Aliexpress still seems pretty bad.  I have had a couple of disputes with sellers after tracking showed "failed delivery".  There is nearly always someone at my house and the shippers used by Aliexpress just leave stuff in the box or in the basket without asking for a signature.  So failed delivery is unlikely, if a proper attempt at delivery was made.  One of them told me to go and find the package at the post office but Aliexpress packages rarely come from the post office these days.  They seem to come from a local deliver service contracted by China Post or whoever the Chinese shipper was.  So no point in going to the post office and making an enquiry with no post office tracking number.  Aliexpress was much better pre-COVID but I now avoid them, if I can find the same product elsewhere and it is not a lot more expensive. However, Aliexpress is usually the cheapest. 

One of the problems I find with Lazarda, Shoopee and Aliexpress is that because they are allowed to take orders for things they don't have in stock, they frequently cancel orders, particularly China sellers. Since they don't notify the buyers,  you are frequently left waiting for something for wees, only to find out it has been cancelled by looking in your account. EBay doesn't do this as sellers there are supposed to have all items in stock.  Often you can find the same item from a China based seller on Ebay.   

In my experience, twice now deliveries from China via Shopee come up short, order 4 get 1, etc. Getting help was like pulling a tooth.

Lets see with this lockdown loosening in Shanghai and beyond, that things get moving.
For everyones sake, because the World has so much sitting on ships outside that and other Ports.
Specifically Chips, for everything most people use day to day.

2 hours ago, kennw said:

In my experience, twice now deliveries from China via Shopee come up short, order 4 get 1, etc. Getting help was like pulling a tooth.

Even if you pay more it better to order from Thailand........But sometimes your left with no choice but to order from China.....But China is still better than having to order off E-bay or Amazon with their sky high shipping cost....

Edited by redwood1