Non-O Retirement Visa Extension Paperwork Requirements

I currently have a 90 day Non-O retirement visa.  I want to apply for the one year Non-O retirement visa extension.

I've downloaded the list of requirements from the Bangkok branch of the Bureau of Immigration webpage, but the instructions aren't complete.

It states I need to submit an "application".  It does not specify the form number.  Do I submit a TM.86 or TM.87 or is there some other "extension" application I am unaware of?   I used a TM.87 with my original application because I entered Thailand, Visa Exempt.

Also, I am using the 800K THB bank deposit method.  I originally submitted the document from the bank verifying that the funds were deposited from overseas.  Foolishly, I forgot to keep a copy (I submitted the original).  Do I need a new document verifying the funds were deposited from overseas or is that not a requirement for the extension since the 90 day wouldn't have been granted without that form.

Thanks in advance...

In Chiang Rai it was all the same as above, except that I did not provide a map and was not asked for one, and my wife's Tabian Ban and ID card were not signed .

• Thanks 1

On 6/3/2022 at 7:37 AM, klauskunkel said:

I did mine 10 days ago (16th yearly extension), here is my list for Retirement (using money in bank, not monthly income method) at Chaeng Wattana (if your Immigration office is other, it may have different/additional requirements. Find out.):

1.     Completed Form TM 7 (requires passport photo and 1900 baht)

2.     Passport and copies of:

- front page showing given names / Passport number / Hologram or Photo

- Current Visa or 

- Current Extension and

- Last Entry Stamp 

3.     Proof of Address:

- Yellow Tabian Baan (If you possess one) and copy

- Pink ID card (if you possess one) and copy

or

- Copy of House owners Tabian Ban (signed by Wife/Landlord) and

- Copy of House owners ID card (signed by Wife/Landlord) and

- Rental Agreement and copy (If rented)

4.     Map pinpointing and detailing Address (Google maps or hand drawn)

5.     Proof of sufficient funds:

- Updated Bankbook to today's date (make transaction if necessary) and copies of all pages going back one year to show initial 3 months seasoning of 800,000 and subsequent minimum balance of 400,000. (If your Bank account is new then just make the copy of your balance page and first page)

- Letter from your Thai Bank confirming funds. (Must match funds in Passbook)

6.   Copy of both front and back of your TM 6 Departure Card.

--my latest 90-day reporting update slip

--my most recent TM30 residency confirmation receipt

Sign all copies (except bank letter and copies signed by Wife/Landlord) before you sit down with officer

There will be a document check by an Immigration assistant as you approach, and they will give you 4 more forms (acknowledgements, consents) to sign.

If you make an appointment print out the confirmation email, so you can go in directly without waiting for hours. Coordinate your appointment time with bank opening hours (if your bank is located at CW downstairs).

With all this done and prepared correctly, I sailed right thru in 20min overall.

Thank you for the comprehensive list.  I will save this for next year.

I went to Immigration (Hua Hin) before reading this post.  I had all of the above except a copy of the last entry stamp.  Fortunately, I was able to make a copy of it there and was processed without any further delays.

I didn't have a copy of the back of my TM.6.  They didn't request a copy (probably because there is no additional notation entered on the back).

Any idea what the notation block on the back of the TM.6 is used for?  Just curious...

On 6/3/2022 at 7:37 AM, klauskunkel said:

I did mine 10 days ago (16th yearly extension), here is my list for Retirement (using money in bank, not monthly income method) at Chaeng Wattana 

Good list! Are the requirements different when applying for the first time? I presently have a 1-yr visa based on support of a Thai child. Also, does one need to show how the money in the bank account were transferred from overseas? (I use a debit card, receive cash at the bank, and deposit it into my account). 

15 minutes ago, djeetyet said:

Also, does one need to show how the money in the bank account were transferred from overseas? (I use a debit card, receive cash at the bank, and deposit it into my account). 

If your using the money in the bank route (ie 800k) there is no need to prove every time the money came from abroad however

If you are using the income route (ie 65k per month) it becomes totally different, yes you do need proof, getting a lump of money over the counter and paying it into the bank will not cut it as the bank will just show it a cash deposit.

1 hour ago, NotReallyHere said:

I didn't have a copy of the back of my TM.6.  They didn't request a copy (probably because there is no additional notation entered on the back).

That one has been a staple in my preparations for a while, simply because on officer once requested it... Now it's just part of all the master documents from which I run copies when doing my extensions. No other reason.

• Thanks 1