Thai government schools.....is this for real?

On 6/3/2022 at 12:09 PM, ChaiyaTH said:

Most likely they never get the right food from a young age, which will not help the development of limited brain capacity here as well + then the worst possible education and vendors selling them sugar <deleted>. No wonder IQ floats around 90 here.

At one of the first schools I taught at, a parent with decent English came and talked to me about the issue with sweets and children in this country. He said they're banned from his house, and thinks they're a deliberate attempt by the govt to dumb down the population.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

As an experienced teacher in Thailand, I advise you all to drink up, fellas. Enjoy your holiday tomorrow. ????????

IMG_20220715_191420.jpg

Fair call.

My stepson masters the English language.

But there ain't any way he can use it in a village or when I am not there.????????

13 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

At one of the first schools I taught at, a parent with decent English came and talked to me about the issue with sweets and children in this country. He said they're banned from his house, and thinks they're a deliberate attempt by the govt to dumb down the population.

It's quite clear to me the whole education system is designed around this. As is cheap booze and cigarettes....now a free for all on weed. What more does a bloke need to be happy 5555

3 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

It's quite clear to me the whole education system is designed around this. As is cheap booze and cigarettes....now a free for all on weed. What more does a bloke need to be happy 5555

No. It is simply a case of the teachers teaching what their teachers said.????????

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Whatever the system of the school use whatever college or university you kids go to at the end of the day it's whether they want to to learn.

8 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Whatever the system of the school use whatever college or university you kids go to at the end of the day it's whether they want to to learn.

Yes discovering that all in a hurry at the moment. Got the kids in a really nice new school, great environment and they love it but just not putting in or making an effort. And looks like the teacher has a bit of an "up to them" attitude. One thing I do like is rather than do their homework by putting answers straight in a text book, the teacher gets them to write out all the questions, problems, charts themself last half hour or so before leaving school of an afternoon. Great idea. Problem is they are coming home without it completed or done really half a$$ meaning we need to spend an hour or more doing what they should have done in class, before we even get to answering the questions / maths etc. My wife called the teacher on Friday to ask why the kids aren't completing the prelim work they should be doing at school? Do they have enough time? They are giving us all sorts of excuses. The teacher said some kids are using this time to muck around, play etc like it wasn't her problem and many kids are doing the same. Now I don't expect special one on one attention for our kids but maybe some discipline in the classroom? We have already let her know don't spare the rod etc just because Dad farang etc. (She on first meeting told my wife she was scared to talk with me as she has never spoken with foreigners) So life atm a nightmare. 1-2 hours every afternoon just getting the preliminary work done of which is a battle to get them to do in any sort of reasonable fashion....then another hour doing the actual homework. have tried all sorts of positive stuff, rewards systems etc. Even telling them how things will be for the future if they do poorly at school....looking for a decent well paying interesting job vs working in a cane field or on a truck in the sun lugging boxes... but not having a lot of luck atm

1 hour ago, DezLez said:

What a crass statement!

I take it you are a "Farang" and count yourself among the "losers"!

Nope, that is why I said most. I am not a loser by any defintion.

There are some other nice non-pu**y non-loser Farangs in Thailand as well.

But 55% are old and fat sexpats, 30% are young and broke losers, 10% are weak skinny vegans and just the rest 5% is nice. My experience, no matter where I was in Thailand. It is no wonder Thailand has such a bad reputation, it is not a nonsense stereotype, it is because it is true.

1 hour ago, DezLez said:

Your modesty becomes you, as does your arrogance!

Huh? I just mentioned what other people said to us lol.
I do not think of myself as super-attractive. I would say I am an 8, while my wife realistically is a 7. But again, I personally do not care about that, I care about her awesome character as a mother and wife. 

1 minute ago, FarAway said:

Nope, that is why I said most. I am not a loser by any defintion.

There are some other nice non-pu**y non-loser Farangs in Thailand as well.

But 55% are old and fat sexpats, 30% are young and broke losers, 10% are weak skinny vegans and just the rest 5% is nice. My experience, no matter where I was in Thailand. It is no wonder Thailand has such a bad reputation, it is not a nonsense stereotype, it is because it is true.

And you are so much better? Why are you here then? You got a lot to learn Junior. Everyone respects you, master of your own domain etc hahahaha. You think we haven't all been through that phase? Thailand is wonderful at grooming people to get what she wants...just before the fall. Give you a simple test....see how much your wife is really in awe of your young handsome self lol. Tell her you have been offered a much better paid job back home, but you will only be able to return every 6 month or so to see her and spend time with the family. But you will send her regular monthly payments. I reckon she will be in packing your bags before you get the last words out. 

Obviously your posts are troll type attention seeking bait ups, and normally wouldn't even attempt a battle of wits with someone clearly fighting unarmed, but you are in for a harder fall than most I would say....because you clearly can't see it coming. Good luck my friend!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Yes discovering that all in a hurry at the moment. Got the kids in a really nice new school, great environment and they love it but just not putting in or making an effort. And looks like the teacher has a bit of an "up to them" attitude. One thing I do like is rather than do their homework by putting answers straight in a text book, the teacher gets them to write out all the questions, problems, charts themself last half hour or so before leaving school of an afternoon. Great idea. Problem is they are coming home without it completed or done really half a$$ meaning we need to spend an hour or more doing what they should have done in class, before we even get to answering the questions / maths etc. My wife called the teacher on Friday to ask why the kids aren't completing the prelim work they should be doing at school? Do they have enough time? They are giving us all sorts of excuses. The teacher said some kids are using this time to muck around, play etc like it wasn't her problem and many kids are doing the same. Now I don't expect special one on one attention for our kids but maybe some discipline in the classroom? We have already let her know don't spare the rod etc just because Dad farang etc. (She on first meeting told my wife she was scared to talk with me as she has never spoken with foreigners) So life atm a nightmare. 1-2 hours every afternoon just getting the preliminary work done of which is a battle to get them to do in any sort of reasonable fashion....then another hour doing the actual homework. have tried all sorts of positive stuff, rewards systems etc. Even telling them how things will be for the future if they do poorly at school....looking for a decent well paying interesting job vs working in a cane field or on a truck in the sun lugging boxes... but not having a lot of luck atm

What will be will be my son came out of Uni with degree after 4 and half years. 

Every interview was you do not have experience.

So more dosh for him to go self-employment and I am very proud of him his making a living and buying a Bkk condo buying a house and has a son now. 

1 hour ago, DezLez said:

For the sake of your child, I hope not given the level of communication and language skills you have portrayed on this forum so far!

Finding one for yourself might be a better idea for all!

???????? 

It is so cute how normies react as soon as you show them how incompetent they are.

English is not my first language and I am not fluent, I might made some mistakes here and there. I therefore would never teach anyone English. But still my English is better than from most English teachers in Thailand, hence why I would never send my kids there.

Furthermore I never even said that I wanted to be a teacher at all.

I just said I would create my own learning center, or join one of these created by someone else.

I know a bunch of people who created a community of free-thinking people in Paraguay, they did just that. There the kids learn all the important things like Maths, Physics, Biology and so on, but they are doing a lot of Sports, Communication, Growing Food, Surviving Outside, Hunting, Fishing and stuff like that as well. 

And most important, the teachers are all smart and connected to nature, not some iPhone-playing idiots giving candy to kids.

So yeah, you can keep your kids in government school where they are fed candys, having bad company and are being brainwashed by the government.

And I will keep my kids out of this. And everyone will be happy. I mean I will be, and you will continue talking to yourself that people like me would be stupid, crazy whatsoever and you just accept the misery of your kids and your life hahahaha

12 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

And you are so much better? Why are you here then? You got a lot to learn Junior. Everyone respects you, master of your own domain etc hahahaha. You think we haven't all been through that phase? Thailand is wonderful at grooming people to get what she wants...just before the fall. Give you a simple test....see how much your wife is really in awe of your young handsome self lol. Tell her you have been offered a much better paid job back home, but you will only be able to return every 6 month or so to see her and spend time with the family. But you will send her regular monthly payments. I reckon she will be in packing your bags before you get the last words out. 

Obviously your posts are troll type attention seeking bait ups, and normally wouldn't even attempt a battle of wits with someone clearly fighting unarmed, but you are in for a harder fall than most I would say....because you clearly can't see it coming. Good luck my friend!

She would not belief that stupid test, as she knows that I would never work for anyone else hahaha

Since I am 17 I am just working for myself as I could never bend over for someone else lol.

I bought a house here for 350.000 USD. It is and was in her name all the time.

Now I am selling it and I will get all the money, then I have the authority to decide where we go next and she will follow me. She 1:1 said "I will follow you wherever you want us to go, I know you know the best place for us to live".

I think this is more of a true love proof than your stupid suggestion. For me the worth of my house is quite a lot already, for her it is an unbelievable fortune. Nevertheless she never thought one second to take my house away from me, as she could because by law she is the owner.

EDIT: Ah and before you come with the only "argumentation" left that you could use after this right now, accusing me of lying because you simply cannot belief that people are not so huge losers like most of Farang in Thailand, I can offer you to provide the phone number of my wife via PN and you can call her and she will confirm anything I told above.
She will be a bit confused as to why a random old guy calls her, but I will explain her before that I am arguing with losers on the Internet again and then she will just laugh and say "oh that again" hahaha

I just have too much time to show losers like you how nice life could be if you wouldn't be yourself hahahahah

But trust me, in the end I actually mean it good with you. You just cannot see that in all of your misery.

Edited by FarAway

15 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

What will be will be my son came out of Uni with degree after 4 and half years. 

Every interview was you do not have experience.

So more dosh for him to go self-employment and I am very proud of him his making a living and buying a Bkk condo buying a house and has a son now. 

While I think a condo in BKK is stupid, because condos are essentially mass-human-keeping and Bangkok is loud dirty and ugly, the rest of your post is quite nice.

It unintentionally confirms what I said before, that our whole school system is just a scam, not preparing people for the real world and the real life. And that going your own way outside of what big government tells you to do is always better for you. 

Would be nicer if he would have bought a nice farm instead of a condo in BKK as a security for his family for inflation, food crisis and whatsoever, but better than most people.

Edited by FarAway

30 minutes ago, FarAway said:

But 55% are old and fat sexpats, 30% are young and broke losers, 10% are weak skinny vegans and just the rest 5% is nice.

Please quote a reliable source for those figures!

Or have you just plucked them out of your head!

1 minute ago, DezLez said:

Please quote a reliable source for those figures!

Or have you just plucked them out of your head!

Yes, out of my head. Based from my own observations and experience.

I doubt there is any "reliable source" for these kind of figures, as it would be politically incorrect to just talk about that in the way I did.

But I have a solution for you:
Just open your eyes and be honest to yourself.

1 minute ago, FarAway said:

Yes, out of my head. Based from my own observations and experience.

I doubt there is any "reliable source" for these kind of figures, as it would be politically incorrect to just talk about that in the way I did.

In which case I suggest that it is better not to give figures unless you make it clear that the "figures" are just your "impression" and do not make appear to be facts!

4 minutes ago, DezLez said:

I therefore apologise for my assumption that it was!

However, the comments you make are still, I believe outrageous and exaggerated.

It is your freedom to think about my comments what you want. I have no problems with that. You can even express your thoughts open and freely. Even and especially if you disagree with me. Disagreements are good and important.

Kudos for your ability to apologize for mistakes, this is a rare trait nowadays.

I furthermore acknowledge that most of my comments are offending people. But I think this is necessary. We live in a society, especially in Thai society, where open, direct and honest discussions are getting more rare by the day. But we need that to evolve as singular human beings and as humanity as a whole.

Most people are getting more and more "political correct" every day and I am just sick of the insanity that evolves from that. It is like they cannot see the simple truth anymore. Soon they will claim the sky is pink and it will offend people to say the sky is blue lol

Edited by FarAway

2 minutes ago, DezLez said:

In which case I suggest that it is better not to give figures unless you make it clear that the "figures" are just your "impression" and do not make appear to be facts!

I thought it would be obvious that it is just my own experience/impression and certainly not a statistical fact, because it couldn't even be, as no one would be brave enough to publish or even research such a statistic ???? 

I just imagine that. The "hate-speech"-accusations would be through the roof hahaha

4 minutes ago, FarAway said:

About what?

You, nor anyone else, know what my eyes see!

As for "be honest with yourself" that is just pretentious nonsense and meaningless corporate/woke gobbledygook! 

7 minutes ago, DezLez said:

About what?

You, nor anyone else, know what my eyes see!

As for "be honest with yourself" that is just pretentious nonsense and meaningless corporate/woke gobbledygook! 

About the Expats living in Thailand. It is literally like a freakshow. It is not an opinion or matter of perspective, it is a matter of fact. But I am sick of discussing that with people that do not wanna see that, I just wanted to stir up the discussion here a bit and throw some counterweight in.

I once was in Pattaya and it was literally the worst place I have ever been to. Just disgusting Sexpats there.

Then on Phangan I just met these broke hippie vegan type guys.

To be fair, I think there might be some more "normal" people in Bangkok, but as I hate cities in general I cannot comment on that and for me people who can live in Bangkok are not normal as well anyway hahah

And one last thing, I think this is not a matter of opinion as well, but just a matter of fact:
All people deeply inside their heart hate cities. And Bangkok is really one of the worst cities worldwide regarding smell, dirt, rats, greyness. Many people talk themselves into that it would be adventurous, convenient and whatsoever.

But it is just against the nature of a human being to be confined in a space with so much grey and so less colors. No soul. Just a lot of noise, cars, pollution, trash and stress.

Edited by FarAway

2 minutes ago, vangrop said:

What is the issue whit this non problem?

Kids always went for candy after school. I thought The OP's concern was about education matters. No stupid candies. It was probably a boring day for the OP

Despite the fact that I cannot take the OP too serious because of his missing authority over his wife and family, I need to compliment him for the point of view he showed regarding candy and the whole Thai school system in this thread.

Candys are bad for everyone, even adults, but even more for kids.

They are literally just industrial white sugar mixed with artificial synthetical aroma and colors.

How can you ever give that to your own blood? How stupid and/or soulless you need to be?

It is not just unhealthy because of the sugar, but it destroys the natural sense of taste for the kids the whole life. They are getting used to these overpowered artificial aromas and then they do not want real food anymore.

Before you argue "But almost every kid is eating candy!": Yes they do. Badly enough. Does not mean it is good. The masses of people generally are stupid and just follow each other without thinking for themselves.

4 hours ago, Hummin said:

If me and wife get kids, it is straight back home when they reach school age. There is no way I can let them grow up here being at a public school know how the system and the environment around really is! Not to mention the culture difference to rise a kid here versus home. 

Good luck with that!

3 of my group took their wife or G/F back to Oz to care for kids in school.

Wifes/GF already gone. Blokes stuck with the kids.

Be careful what you do.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FarAway said:

So yeah, you can keep your kids in government school where they are fed candys, having bad company and are being brainwashed by the government.

And I will keep my kids out of this.

That's the best idea you've had so far. I totally agree with you.

Your poor kid likely gets brainwashed too much at home already.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Lucky Bones said:

Good luck with that!

3 of my group took their wife or G/F back to Oz to care for kids in school.

Wifes/GF already gone. Blokes stuck with the kids.

Be careful what you do.

Have witnessed that myself in Oz. Even if she is a decent woman, usually they fall in with the wrong crowd of Thais...and 80% I estimate are ex bar girl types. One of them got a job doing mobile cleaning..Boss Thai lady used to ferry them around to different jobs. The job was mobile / in home but what they were doing in these homes wasn't cleaning. Another one ended up down the Casino with a group of Thai friends every day, go AWOL for days. Another mates girl went back to Thailand for 3 weeks to see her family. Other mate of ours walking past her old bar in Pattaya and guess who was inside working. Another mate took his Thai wife and kids back for a holiday to Thailand. Woke up one morning she was gone....as was his credit / bank cards and she had cleaned out all the bank accounts and did a runner. As well as that if the girl is hot she will have every bloke hitting on her thinking every Asian woman is up for sale. And even if you can get past that very few can settle down to life in another country. They miss their food, friends, family and Thailand generally. I wouldn't put myself in that position that's for sure.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

And even if you can get past that very few can settle down to life in another country. They miss their food, friends, family and Thailand generally. I wouldn't put myself in that position that's for sure.  

Nice to see you didn't say "all".

My wife has settled very well in UK. 

2 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Well that is a nice conspiracy theory, actually there is truth it but that is the entire world health institutions, that tell us to eat the way we do today. So actually we can't blame that to the vendor specific issue here.

The vendor specific issue is without doubt, because the director of school gets kickbacks + therefor allows this practice. 9/10 times it is just about following the money trail to find any answer you want. The total illogical move then suddenly makes perfect sense.

You can actually see the issue, nowadays dentists in Thailand are busy everywhere, 10 years ago I would walk in without any appointment and be seated in under 2 hours.

But the more serious concern is obviously obese and diabetes. Like 40% of the world nowadays has slight obese or entirely.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1