Thai government schools.....is this for real?

58 minutes ago, FarAway said:

All people deeply inside their heart hate cities.

There is no person on earth who knows what is in someone's heart, if such a feeling/thought or whatever even exists, and nobody can claim "all people deeply believe"!

You are now being delusional and goodnight!

You are just trolling!

45 minutes ago, Lucky Bones said:

Good luck with that!

3 of my group took their wife or G/F back to Oz to care for kids in school.

Wifes/GF already gone. Blokes stuck with the kids.

Be careful what you do.

Im not worried about that! More worried my kids get stuck in Thailand with only thaiculture background. Easier for them to live and work in Thailand with international education and background if the want after studies. 

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Im not worried about that! More worried my kids get stuck in Thailand with only thaiculture background. Easier for them to live and work in Thailand with international education and background if the want after studies. 

Your kids have Thailand DNA from their Mom.

It doesn't matter how much you try to change that. Your kids will still be part Thai. 

3 hours ago, FarAway said:

Exactly what I suspected. Not sure about the reason, but from my observation most Farang that stay in an unhappy relationship with their Thai wife are doing that because they have no other opportunities, no other choices. As they are trapped. Often because they are old and ugly and no one else would like to be with them anymore.

Probably more likely all the principal assets such as house,car etc. are all in Lek’s name?

Now they realise that they’ve been outmanoeuvred by a farm girl! ????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Phnom Penh Trader said:

Probably more likely all the principal assets such as house,car etc. are all in Lek’s name?

Now they realise that they’ve been outmanoeuvred by a farm girl! ????

Hmm, but my girl is from a kinda poor background as well and she have our house in her name.

Still she respects me as the leader of the family, I have the financial and social authority, as it should be in every family.

So either these people have no social skills at all and are blindly falling for untrusty women, or again my main suspicion, they are old and fat or goofy 3/10s that would get no girl at home at all.

Which is exactly my observation in Thailand.

But I need to say that I see a shift of things in my generation with this scheme.

Almost all the same-aged Thai-Farang couples that we saw in our age, mid-20s to beginning of 30s, they looked like real couples to us.

I mean, often you can still see that the woman is the leader in the partnership. But this is sadly a phenomena that you see in every "modernized" country nowadays, not unique to Thailand.

But Southern Thailand got that one right, appreciate them for that! Muslims in general, they are able to keep their family in order. Was with us Christians as well, but we completely <deleted>**ed that one up the last decades. In the name of "feminism" lol

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Lucky Bones said:

It doesn't matter how much you try to change that. Your kids will still be part Thai. 

Seriously ????

Go and find someone else to chit chat with. 

45 minutes ago, puchooay said:

Nice to see you didn't say "all".

My wife has settled very well in UK. 

Have seen some very successfully make the transition and take advantage of the opportunities for sure....but in my experience....and only in my experience and my circle...... was definitely a small percentage

21 minutes ago, Lucky Bones said:

Their is a lot of truth to that, for better or for worse

2 hours ago, FarAway said:

Huh? I just mentioned what other people said to us lol.
I do not think of myself as super-attractive. I would say I am an 8, while my wife realistically is a 7. But again, I personally do not care about that, I care about her awesome character as a mother and wife. 

Berating other people when you can only get a 7 in Thailand oh dear? ????

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DezLez said:

Your daughter is two years younger than you!

This guy is hilarious he has to be a wind up merchant surely? ????

All the things he is saying he might as well be looking in the mirror,I believe that Sigmund Freud called it ‘Transference’?

When you come onto an anonymous forum claiming to be the happiest man in the world,while putting everyone else down then there is almost certainly trouble in paradise subconsciously or not?

Edited by Phnom Penh Trader
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Phnom Penh Trader said:

This guy is hilarious he has to be a wind up merchant surely? ????

All the things he is saying he might as well be looking in the mirror,I believe that Sigmund Freud called it ‘Transference’?

When you come onto an anonymous forum claiming to be the happiest man in the world,while putting everyone else down the there is almost certainly trouble in paradise subconsciously or not?

The guy is a Troll and should be ignored.

Just so many contradictions!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Or maybe they were just like you, thinking they were in control until they realized they weren't. With your $350k US dollar home in her name you really think you are in the drivers seat? lol. Even if she doesn't have those ideas herself she will have plenty advising her otherwise. You are also deluding yourself on the age thing. It makes no difference here at all, and will rinse you just as quickly as an old guy....in fact I dare say most would prefer an old guy as the big pay day when old George kicks the tin is a lot closer. Also do not delude yourself she wouldn't leave the father of her child in a heart beat for any reason. It just doesn't come into their thinking. Anyway, keep hoping for the best, Espousing your manly qualities and dominance over your wife when you are just a sitting duck. Don't you know that's the game? And you yourself have walked right into the trap lol   

I wonder if the in-laws have been round with a measuring tape yet,to see if the water buffalo will fit in his bedroom?

A Christmas Turkey has more self-awareness than this dude! 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

What is seriously missing in this topic is a conversation about parenting.

School is just a small part of learning. Kids need to learn from others too.

Let your kids learn from you too. It's not difficult for a kid of mixed race and culture to grow up liking, respecting, understanding and following 2 different cultures. Just like they can grow up bilingual.

There are parts of Thai culture that are better than those in a western world and vise versa. Let the kids grow with both and they will soon start to identify with the differences, both good and bad.

Nice comment. I agree with the cultural thing, BUT:

How can you do good parenting and educate your kids good values if in school they "learn" the opposite?

For me this seems not impossible but obstructive, I saw it with myself.

I was brainwashed in school daily, my parents actually supported this governmental brainwash, sadly.

While I was really good in school, I had a really hard time constantly fighting against the school system just to be able to find my own way while constantly being brainwashed by the school to think like this and that.

I would have appreciated if I was in a school system that puts focus on the individual development of the child instead of preparing it to be a good functioning gearwheel in the Matrix, to be a good obedient citizen.

15 minutes ago, FarAway said:

Nice comment. I agree with the cultural thing, BUT:

How can you do good parenting and educate your kids good values if in school they "learn" the opposite?

For me this seems not impossible but obstructive, I saw it with myself.

I was brainwashed in school daily, my parents actually supported this governmental brainwash, sadly.

While I was really good in school, I had a really hard time constantly fighting against the school system just to be able to find my own way while constantly being brainwashed by the school to think like this and that.

I would have appreciated if I was in a school system that puts focus on the individual development of the child instead of preparing it to be a good functioning gearwheel in the Matrix, to be a good obedient citizen.

My daughter did perfectly well as she subconsciously decided not to be brainwashed by extreme views and teachings as you seem to have been.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, puchooay said:

Your grand daughter seems to struggle where ever she has been studying. With the exception, as it appears, of Technical college.

Are you sure the issues are not nearer to home? Maybe she is not interested, maybe a bit lazy? Maybe she needs to be checked for learning disabilities, which is not something the school would ever suggest.

Yes I remember you, always ready to give advice . Yes she did struggle through her first school, mainly due to one teacher but she was happy to very happy in the following two up to present. The main problems were most definitely a matter of bad school organisation, how do you like the fact that a couple of times at 9pm she got an SMS saying "no school tomorrow" or alternatively "Saturday school tomorrow"? I was the one struggling with that.

Maybe you have behaviour disabilities checking up on and analysing children you don't know on the evidence of a few posts. For your information she has never been top of the class (except in English) but always near the top.  

Not lazy, not stupid, and well brought up, right?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cooked said:

Yes I remember you, always ready to give advice . Yes she did struggle through her first school, mainly due to one teacher but she was happy to very happy in the following two up to present. The main problems were most definitely a matter of bad school organisation, how do you like the fact that a couple of times at 9pm she got an SMS saying "no school tomorrow" or alternatively "Saturday school tomorrow"? I was the one struggling with that.

Maybe you have behaviour disabilities checking up on and analysing children you don't know on the evidence of a few posts. For your information she has never been top of the class (except in English) but always near the top.  

Not lazy, not stupid, and well brought up, right?

Oh dear.

I was only asking. I have seen kids struggle many times. They are just deemed "slow". Learning disabilities are never picked up by teachers and therefore never treated.