Budget beachfront condo at Jomtien Beach?

simon43

32 minutes ago, anandra said:

In soi 5, the same soi where Chonburi Immigration is located, walking to the sea direction, on the right side,  I saw a board near some bar, they offered an aaprtment with air conditioner for 3 000 baht a month, not sure about other facilities and whether it is on beachfront, but maybe it is what you are looking for.

Thanks!  But I need a condo with 2 bedrooms, fitness and swimming pool for rehabilitation.  Up to about 15,000 baht a month.  Thanks again for your input.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Thanks!  But I need a condo with 2 bedrooms, fitness and swimming pool for rehabilitation.  Up to about 15,000 baht a month.  Thanks again for your input.

Picture of Neo looking down from my condo.  So it has the pools.  I have no knowledge of price or size or if it has a gym.  I consider the location excellent, on baht bus line and only 100-150m to the sand where Tappraya meets beach road /Dong Tan police box.  Nearby restaurants & bars (I don't drink so don't appeal to me) but I sleep well at night not notice any noise.

Neo Condo.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dozens of choices on Jomtien Beach Rd. 
Recently looked a nice building at the end of beach rd past the seafood restaurants a few hundred meters. Residences? 
What I like about that area is there is no road between the building and beach. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, OneZero said:

Picture of Neo looking down from my condo.  So it has the pools.  I have no knowledge of price or size or if it has a gym.  I consider the location excellent, on baht bus line and only 100-150m to the sand where Tappraya meets beach road /Dong Tan police box.  Nearby restaurants & bars (I don't drink so don't appeal to me) but I sleep well at night not notice any noise.

Neo Condo.jpg

They have a fitness room.  2 bed condos are 10-15k per month.  Looks great, just want to check if there are any other possibilities ????

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, simon43 said:

Can someone familiar with the condo names in Jomtien please tell me what buildings are right on the beach road, with a fitness room and a swimming pool?

My plans to move to Samui are on hold right now because I need to look after my niece who needs to build up her muscles after an illness.

We need a condo with 2 bedrooms. I have found Neo condo (any members know this condo?). But I'm sure there are other beachfront condos that I should check out online (I am not in Jomtien right now, still in chachoengsao!

Your choice doesn't even fit your own criteria.  

Neither beachfront nor sea view. But wanting two bedrooms for 15k is going to limit your choices somewhat. 52 sq. m. for a two bedroom? That's smaller than my studio.

Names aren't going to help much, as you'll still need to find a two bed within for your budget.

When I was looking for myself, I took a look at Panchalae; a two bedroom unit covers 126 sq.m.. Though a bit over your budget. Negotiate. 

https://www.hipflat.co.th/en/listings/chonburi-condo-ygvduswg

https://www.hipflat.co.th/en/listings/chonburi-condo-faqmkqsa

At least you won't be tripping over each other.

Edited by Bruno123
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lumpini Park Beach at the south end of Beach Road is beachfront.  My partner and I used to own a 56 sqm 2 bedroom/2 bath there.  Bathrooms are small but there are two of them.  Second bedroom is also small but can sleep 1, or 2 with bunk beds.  Nice size balcony. Two big pools and a small gym.  Library, sky lounge, ping pong, baht bus on Beach Road.  Might suit for a short stay.  Can't think of much else beachfront at that price point for 2 bedroom/2 bath with both gym and pool.

Just now, newnative said:

Lumpini Park Beach at the south end of Beach Road is beachfront.  My partner and I used to own a 56 sqm 2 bedroom/2 bath there.  Bathrooms are small but there are two of them.  Second bedroom is also small but can sleep 1, or 2 with bunk beds.  Nice size balcony. Two big pools and a small gym.  Library, sky lounge, ping pong, baht bus on Beach Road.  Might suit for a short stay.  Can't think of much else beachfront at that price point for 2 bedroom/2 bath with both gym and pool.

Hmmm...but not really. The buildings themselves are quite far back from the beach, the design somewhat austere and the rooms tiny. Plus it's probably a bit too far down for the OP.

I think where I suggested is better for living; in terms of the location, space and ambience. Plus it is obviously better to have two bathrooms; so the girl can have real privacy.

Most if not all condos have swimming pool and gym. I Have not seen any decent condo in Pattaya that does not have one. 15K is sure to get one two bed rooms. ON beach front may be little older and less maintained, In my opinion. But a little away from the beach but still walking distance to the beach and in a low rise building, you're sure to get one for 15K.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Most if not all condos have swimming pool and gym. I Have not seen any decent condo in Pattaya that does not have one. 15K is sure to get one two bed rooms. ON beach front may be little older and less maintained, In my opinion. But a little away from the beach but still walking distance to the beach and in a low rise building, you're sure to get one for 15K.

How is this helpful? ???? The OP asked for names. Even NEO is not beachfront but walking distance. I have no idea why the OP even included it in his criteria. Beach road; not beach front perhaps. I live beachfront and that means on the beach with no road or long driveway in front of the building.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Hmmm...but not really. The buildings themselves are quite far back from the beach, the design somewhat austere and the rooms tiny. Plus it's probably a bit too far down for the OP.

I think where I suggested is better for living; in terms of the location, space and ambience. Plus it is obviously better to have two bathrooms; so the girl can have real privacy.

The unit I mentioned does have 2 bathrooms.  The project is beachfront--there are no other projects in front of it--just the street and then the beach.  If you're in the 'A' building at Lumpini I doubt you're any farther back from the beach than your choice.  LPB offers the chance of having a seaview unit, which we did.  Your choice is low rise, older, and most units don't have a seaview, or much of one--I remember looking at a unit there and being disappointed with the view.  But, you're correct about larger room sizes there.   Two choices for the OP to consider.  

26 minutes ago, newnative said:

The unit I mentioned does have 2 bathrooms.  The project is beachfront--there are no other projects in front of it--just the street and then the beach.  If you're in the 'A' building at Lumpini I doubt you're any farther back from the beach than your choice.  LPB offers the chance of having a seaview unit, which we did.  Your choice is low rise, older, and most units don't have a seaview, or much of one--I remember looking at a unit there and being disappointed with the view.  But, you're correct about larger room sizes there.   Two choices for the OP to consider.  

Sorry, but I do not consider hundreds of metres away from the beach as beachfront.  Plus you add the caveat of being in building A.

I didn't sell my suggestion as beachfront since the OP doesn't want nor expect beachfront anyway.

I chose it for living space/quality of life.  NEO end is okay if you like nightlife and don't mind being around some interesting characters.  Lumpini is a bit far; you might have to wait a while for a baht bus. Plus the rooms are pokey with cheap fittings in the main. I looked and I didn't like. 

Panchalae is next to the night market. The area is less sleazy, with a children's playground opposite. The living space far superior to any of those pokey condos. The views likely better than those from his first choice, as they only have low rise houses to overlook. Neo is surrounded.

Edited by Bruno123
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Sorry, but I do not consider hundreds of metres away from the beach as beachfront. Plus you add the caveat of being in building A.

I didn't sell my suggestion as beachfront since the OP doesn't expect beachfront anyway.

I chose it for living space/quality of life.  NEO end is okay if you like nightlife and don't mind being around some interesting characters.  Lumpini is a bit far; you might have to wait a while for a baht bus. Plus the rooms are pokey with cheap fittings in the main. I looked and I didn't like. 

Panchalae is next to the night market. The area is less sleazy, with a children's playground opposite. The living space far superior to any of those pokey condos. 

As I said, two choices for the OP to consider.  Perhaps one will suit his needs.  And, perhaps, there will be other choices put forward by other posters.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, newnative said:

As I said, two choices for the OP to consider.  Perhaps one will suit his needs.  And, perhaps, there will be other choices put forward by other posters.

Yes, of course. I am critiquing for the OP as he has no experience. He might like or dislike any or all of my likes and dislikes. I can only speak with regard to my personal taste and experience. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, simon43 said:

My plans to move to Samui are on hold right now

What happened to Isaan ?

Just a formality but Ladbrokes want confirmation that Samui and Isaan are off before they pay out on the original bet.

Thanks in advance. Will buy you a beer if they pay out.

PS ...have you considered Penang as a base. Nice beaches , no tourists , nice apartments, Brit friendly vis visas, good food etc.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Yes, but this rabbit  will be moving to a 2-bed house with 2,400 square metres of garden on Samui after my niece is fit and well.....  A temporary rabbit hutch for both of us is just fine - it is the proximity to a beach for relaxing, walking, swimming etc that is more important ????

I honestly do not understand why you would move with her into a slum area like Jomtien. What is the issue with moving her to Samui as well? At least she gets a nice place to take time and fix up. 

The beach or water there isn't even worth it except looking at it from distance in Pattaya or Jomtien. At least move to naklua in that case, more options for that budget renting too.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, simon43 said:

Yes, but this rabbit  will be moving to a 2-bed house with 2,400 square metres of garden on Samui after my niece is fit and well.....  A temporary rabbit hutch for both of us is just fine - it is the proximity to a beach for relaxing, walking, swimming etc that is more important ????

Ah, temporary is fine.  The house sounds nice and roomy 

12 hours ago, simon43 said:

Sorry, I wasn't aware that Jomtien is a slum.  Your opinion of course, but each time that I visit Jomtien, I find it very relaxing, friendly, relatively clean.

My house in Samui is definitely not for her - it is a little, remote wooden house where I can do my science experiments, not suitable to recuperate.  In any case, Jomtien/Pattaya was chosen because she needs to be relatively close to her family in Chachoengsao.

I have to say that while some posters find my decisions strange, their is good reasoning behind them.  In any case, I find their attitude and comments downright weird.

Simon43,

Thanks for writing this.  I was thinking the same but didn't want to waste my time knowing that observations about understanding & cordiality on thaivsa usually just start denials /arguements or go in one ear & out the other. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1