Budget beachfront condo at Jomtien Beach?

simon43

On 6/3/2022 at 11:26 AM, anandra said:

In soi 5, the same soi where Chonburi Immigration is located, walking to the sea direction, on the right side,  I saw a board near some bar, they offered an aaprtment with air conditioner for 3 000 baht a month, not sure about other facilities and whether it is on beachfront, but maybe it is what you are looking for.

Sounds exactly like what he isn't looking for!   

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He's not looking for an approximate count of condo buildings that don't fit his requirements, he's not in Pattaya/Jomtiem and he's looking for specific recommendations.

Yes but as he's not here he might not be aware of the better opportunities in other nearby beach areas. Having been thus informed of alternative  opportunities  we can then move on to specificities. There is little point detailing condos on Dongtan and Yim Yom unless the OP confirms he might consider, what is a far superior location, to that which he is inquiring  about.

• Haha 2

On 6/3/2022 at 12:41 PM, OneZero said:

Picture of Neo looking down from my condo.  So it has the pools.  I have no knowledge of price or size or if it has a gym.  I consider the location excellent, on baht bus line and only 100-150m to the sand where Tappraya meets beach road /Dong Tan police box.  Nearby restaurants & bars (I don't drink so don't appeal to me) but I sleep well at night not notice any noise.

Neo Condo.jpg

That is joyless, vaguely  scary visual hell hole. Where is the beach? Where is the sea? It'd looks like a  slum tenement!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Yes but as he's not here he might not be aware of the better opportunities in other nearby beach areas. Having been thus informed of alternative  opportunities  we can then move on to specificities. There is little point detailing condos on Dongtan and Yim Yom unless the OP confirms he might consider, what is a far superior location, to that which he is inquiring  about.

I don't think he cares about superior locations from what I have read from him thus far. No feedback at all from newnative's suggestion. All sensible suggestions have been rejected. I doubt if anyone else will bother.

He likes what NEO offers. Leave him to do what he wants. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

That is joyless, vaguely  scary visual hell hole. Where is the beach? Where is the sea? It'd looks like a  slum tenement!

The OP stated that it is a place for his niece, who if I remember correctly, has HIV and has lost a lot of weight, to recover and to gain weight.

It seems to make sense to more than one poster here, that there is ample space and facilities for her. One bathroom with one toilet between them in a two bedroom apartment of 52 sq. m. in total, in my opinion, does not appear an adequate solution. The fact that it is temporary makes no difference. It is not temporary for her. It is temporary for him.

So what she gets is a tiny bedroom and a shared bathroom and toilet.

So my suggestions took into account all of the information that the OP provided. OP disagrees and thinks his choice the right one. That's his prerogative. 

On 6/3/2022 at 11:59 AM, simon43 said:

Thanks!  But I need a condo with 2 bedrooms, fitness and swimming pool for rehabilitation.  Up to about 15,000 baht a month.  Thanks again for your input.

loads of places in jomtien for that price with good facilities.. shouldn't have a problem 

2 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

There is the beach at top of picture, about 100m walk to promenade.  I should have used this picture but the view of Neo & it's pools is in the shade at bottom here.

2.2 9May2022.jpg

I have been renting a 2BR condo at Jomtien Beach Condominium (Rimhad), the South building between 2nd Rd and Beach Rd (just past soi 10) for a year now.  I got in when prices were super low.  Originally paying B13,000/m but it turned out the rental agent was ripping the owner off, telling him she was getting only 10K and pocketing the rest. After my initial 3 month contract was done, owner dropped my rent to 10K, locked in until end of this year. From then on, who knows.

There are a lot of units available in my building, mostly studios and 1 BRs.  It would be better if you could find an owner to rent from directly but that's not easy.  There are several on-premise agents, offices on the ground floor.  They also have 3 other buildings on other side of 2nd Rd.  Not much view and further from beach but less expensive, also with many vacancies.  The condo is well run and kept spotless with attentive security.  No pets

Both buildings have outdoor pools and fitness.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OneZero said:

There is the beach at top of picture, about 100m walk to promenade.  I should have used this picture but the view of Neo & it's pools is in the shade at bottom here.

2.2 9May2022.jpg

How does this improve on what you posted before? Can you walk through the Jomtien Plaza Condotel grounds in order to get to the promenade? It's clearly not a 100 metre walk; to suggest such a thing is purely disingenuous. It's double that as the crow flies; but you cannot even walk as the crow flies.

My place is beachfront; I walk out of the property and directly on to the beach.

Now it seems that the OP neither needs 'beachfront' nor a fitness room, but can "buy an exercise bike".

I suggest that he uses the exercise bike money to get the girl a decent place to stay. He can get exercise from pushing her wheelchair. 

Get a place with ample space. Prepare her fresh high protein and high carb shakes; as opposed to oily and overpriced commercial emulsions.

I have a 2 bedroom 1 bath condo directly on the beach in Na Jomtien which is for rent. Contact me via PM if interested.

Edited by Jai Dee
Email address removed as per Form Rules

4 hours ago, Dart12 said:

Try pratamnak soi 4 Siam condos.  Should find something.  Not going to be beach front but not too far.

I have a friend with a 34 s/m 1 BR at Tropical Garden on Pratumnak 4.  Currently paying 6000 on a 3 month contract but she's already been told to expect between 8 & 10,000 to renew when her contract expires next month.

I know this sounds like an odd suggestion but bring a pair of binoculars along if you go scouting around Jomtien.  I've noticed at the buildings where I live and others around town, some owners post "For Rent" banners on their balconies, usually with a phone number.  Often not easy to read unaided.

Good way to avoid agents and deal directly with owner.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, dddave said:

I have a friend with a 34 s/m 1 BR at Tropical Garden on Pratumnak 4.  Currently paying 6000 on a 3 month contract but she's already been told to expect between 8 & 10,000 to renew when her contract expires next month.

They are trying it on. She should find a better and bigger place. I've seen 40 sq.m. with pool etc for 3.5k monthly, in the centre.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, dddave said:

tell her to move.  Plenty of other spots NOT charging that for so little a space.

And, no excuse for that.   Demand is not that high.  So sounds like wishful thinking or a bluff by landlord.

I ahve 65 s/m for 13.  Not best deal, but good enough.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

They are trying it on. She should find a better and bigger place. I've seen 40 sq.m. with pool etc for 3.5k monthly, in the centre.

where exactly?  I need a 2nd space as office

I was offered a condo at Lumpini Park Beach, 1 bedroom, 13,000 THB, 2 months damage deposit, 1 months advance rent.  I declined because from my experience, the damage deposit is rarely returned, even when the condo is left spotless. It's like throwing away 2 months of rent money...

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, simon43 said:

I was offered a condo at Lumpini Park Beach, 1 bedroom, 13,000 THB, 2 months damage deposit, 1 months advance rent.  I declined because from my experience, the damage deposit is rarely returned, even when the condo is left spotless. It's like throwing away 2 months of rent money...

I could be wrong but it may break some rules too.... I thought a months damage deposit was the limit.  I struggled to get a damage deposit back when I left a Pattaya rental once, they simply didn't have the money... so they gave me a coffee maker. 

• Haha 2