Budget beachfront condo at Jomtien Beach?

simon43

2 hours ago, simon43 said:

I was offered a condo at Lumpini Park Beach, 1 bedroom, 13,000 THB, 2 months damage deposit, 1 months advance rent.  I declined because from my experience, the damage deposit is rarely returned, even when the condo is left spotless. It's like throwing away 2 months of rent money...

stick to the 2 bedroom idea, sensible under the circumstances. Facebook marketplace is the best place to find, here's an example 2 bed 12,000 a month Laguna Beach Resort

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/526734479009119/

Screenshot_2022-06-05-13-41-25-269_com.facebook.katana.jpg

On 6/3/2022 at 9:39 PM, Denim said:

What happened to Isaan ?

Just a formality but Ladbrokes want confirmation that Samui and Isaan are off before they pay out on the original bet.

Thanks in advance. Will buy you a beer if they pay out.

PS ...have you considered Penang as a base. Nice beaches , no tourists , nice apartments, Brit friendly vis visas, good food etc.

As well as Samui, Laos, Turkey etc, did Malaysia feature as well? it's all been down hill since Leicester????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

stick to the 2 bedroom idea, sensible under the circumstances. Facebook marketplace is the best place to find, here's an example 2 bed 12,000 a month Laguna Beach Resort

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/526734479009119/

Screenshot_2022-06-05-13-41-25-269_com.facebook.katana.jpg

That's nowhere near anything. Imagine trying to walk with her in a wheelchair from there..

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

That's nowhere near anything. Imagine trying to walk with her in a wheelchair from there..

yeah but it's getting over complicated and it's just an example i found in 1 minute. Thread's just an argument fest

48 minutes ago, simon43 said:

I was offered a condo at Lumpini Park Beach, 1 bedroom, 13,000 THB, 2 months damage deposit, 1 months advance rent.  I declined because from my experience, the damage deposit is rarely returned, even when the condo is left spotless. It's like throwing away 2 months of rent money...

I've had every deposit returned so far.

I take that back...One tried to get me for a ruined rug that had cat hair on it, wanting 3000 baht.

Took 2 minutes to vacuum off when I went over .  Plus I had already paid a "final cleaning fee'. and even pre empted that with another cleaner coming in before hand and cleaning the place before their cleaners got there because I knew what the owner was like.