CCSA: Entertainment Venues Must Obtain Permission To Operate

webfact

image.jpeg

by Na-ark Rojanasuvan

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration announced that entertainment venues that wish to operate after June 1st must pass a test according to the Thai Stop COVID 2 PLUS safety standard and obtain permission from related governmental units.

Maratee Nalita Andamo, Director of the News Division of the Department of Information of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, made the announcement during this week’s press briefing of the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA). She reminded establishment owners that all of their staffers and customers must be fully vaccinated.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

The Ministry of Public Health maintains the alert level for COVID-19 at level 3 although it does plan to lower it to level 2 in the near future. The move will place more emphasis on severe cases and prevention measures for at-risk groups than on enforcing the restrictions on the general public.

Additionally, the director expressed gratitude to the Kingdom of Denmark for donating 1.266 million doses of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine to Thailand on May 26th. The gesture reflected the long-standing and close bond between the two Kingdoms. The jabs will be given to Thais and foreigners, and to those residing along the Thai borders.

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2022-06-03

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

• Haha 1

....and the officials MUST publish the fees collected on behalf of the Thai people and show how it is spent for the benefit of all Thai people.(and not used to buy more senior positions within the Govt or votes)

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration announced that entertainment venues that wish to operate after June 1st must pass a test according to the Thai Stop COVID 2 PLUS safety standard and obtain permission from related governmental units.

So will that mean no more un-licensed venues or will they just not bother same as before?

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Ah the obligatory brown envelope.  This is why a buddy of mine who owned a bar in the south finally decided to close up shop and walk away from Thailand.  He moved to the Phils and says he has never been happier.

I wish him good luck, for the first time since I've been here the thought has started to cross my mind.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I wish him good luck, for the first time since I've been here the thought has started to cross my mind.

I followed him that way back in 2019, but after 6 months I was back here.  He is on Cebu.  

• Like 1