Jomtien Immigration - anyone not bother to go for the 3 month 800k check?

On 6/6/2022 at 7:55 PM, DrJack54 said:

That was a misunderstanding.

For extensions based on retirement it is 800k 2 months prior to application and 3 months post application.

Not below 400k at other times.

Simple. 

That is what I thought, however we repeated ourselves to them, 800k in the bank 2 or 3 months before, like I said can't remember and can use all the funds till next application, i.e. 800k 2 or 3 months before application, repeat, yes.

When I do apply, I will ask again and make sure the wife is with me again, but it would be safer than to be sorry to make sure I follow the above, just in case. 

So as long as I don't drop below 800k in a given year then there is no issue.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2

On 6/4/2022 at 5:03 PM, DrJack54 said:

Dont go.

Zero repercussions 

I ended up going to Chonburi Immigration (at Jomtien)... Had all the paperwork required, signed copies of passport/bank book... I told the guy at the retirement visa desk that I had lost the original form... He said no problem, quickly looked at my documents, stapled them together and put them in a pile of retirement visa paperwork he was processing... I know that I probably didn't have to do the 90 day 800K THB in the bank drill - but feel better following the Immigration rules... but the rules are strange in that you end up having to show an entire year's worth of bank transactions when you file for an extension - and that would show if you withdrew too much at any point during the year, didn't leave enough in the account... BUT I guess maybe they are trying to catch the visa applicants who go with a visa company where they don't have to have anything in a bank account (apparently, from what I've read)... still, I sleep better at night knowing that I am following the Immigration rules...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, southsideBruce said:

BUT I guess maybe they are trying to catch the visa applicants who go with a visa company where they don't have to have anything in a bank account (apparently, from what I've read)...

That's a big no because those that use an agent don't need to go for the 90 day check