Which government hospitals that do not implement dual pricing policy Bangkok?

topswijaya

I think the only ones that do are Siriraj and maybe Chuklalongkorn.

Haven't heard of it at the others. Though Ramatibodhi will try to direct you towards their "Premium Clinic".

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, topswijaya said:

Dear all,

Which government hospitals in Bangkok that do not implement dual pricing policy?

Thanks

You dont mean you want to pay what a normal Thai person would pay--50 baht, & go on the waiting list do you?.

Are you meaning what would a Thai person wanting to be treated privately (immediately -not on the waiting list) at a government hospital pay.

Interesting,

35 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

o me at least this seems to be a contraction to the Thai constitution which states everyone should be treated equally - the Thai courts clearly think dual pricing is ‘just’....   

If the individual has not paid tax here over very many years, farangs should not feel at all entitled to any special treatment at government hospitals, or indeed any treatment at all, bar emergency/ accident treatment to save life.   

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

I do wish farangs would get over themselves.  Section 27 is clearly for Thai Nationals, the Thai Nation, not for temporary visitors from other parts of the world, mainly tourists, or those  on yearly extensions, who deserve no special treatment from the Thai government.  We are living  here on sufferance, get over it. 

Where does it say it's only for Thai nationals? that's like saying UK law is only for UK citizen's 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

I do wish farangs would get over themselves.  Section 27 is clearly for Thai Nationals, the Thai Nation, not for temporary visitors from other parts of the world, mainly tourists, or those  on yearly extensions, who deserve no special treatment from the Thai government.  We are living  here on sufferance, get over it. 

You have to be joking , the whole Thai Nation was built on Western pensioners spending their pensions in Thailand and if we all went home, Thailand would be in financial ruin 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You have to be joking , the whole Thai Nation was built on Western pensioners spending their pensions in Thailand and if we all went home, Thailand would be in financial ruin 

Absolute nonsense. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You have to be joking , the whole Thai Nation was built on Western pensioners spending their pensions in Thailand

Yes every concrete table out side most of the Mum-Pop stores were paid for by the local whinging Pom society ..........:w00t:

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Aren't there government mandated price differences for government hospitals depending on whether a patient is Thai, or foreigner?

There is a government publication that lists recommended hospital prices (separately for Thais and foreigners).

However the costs shown are unrealistically low and much less than government hospitals have charged for years and this publication is largely ignored.

Most government hospitals has not bothered to established 2 tier pricing  because it is more trouble than it is worth unless they have a large number of foreign patients coming through the regular public channel.

Hospitals which notably have doen so include Siriraj in Bangkok, Queen Sisirkit in Sattahip Sripat in Chinag Mai.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

You dont mean you want to pay what a normal Thai person would pay--50 baht, & go on the waiting list do you?.

Are you meaning what would a Thai person wanting to be treated privately (immediately -not on the waiting list) at a government hospital pay.

Interesting,

No, I think he is asking about costs through the regular public channel.

Many foreigners do use this, especially retirees on fixed incomes.

27 minutes ago, mike123ca said:

I currently pay into the Thai social security program which includes medical coverage. If hospitalized, could the hospital charge me more for not being Thai?

If you are hospitalized at your nominated Social Security hospital there will be no charge to you. SS will cover it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

To me at least this seems to be a contraction to the Thai constitution which states everyone should be treated equally - the Thai courts clearly think dual pricing is ‘just’....  

American constitution says "all men are created equally" but it took a civil war, and civil rights acts to stop unequal treatment. Racial justice is not fully achieved in the USA till now after 243 years of US formation, though there are thousands civil rights lawyers and activists still working to achieve it. How many activists are working to fix the issue of dual pricing in Thailand? Progress does not happen overnight without a legal fight. The progress we see in the Western countries are the result of legal fights by thousands of enlightened activists. It did not happen by itself and definitely not by like minded people who constantly post racial denigrating remarks on Indian and Chinese.

Edited by Onerak
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

Not a government hospital, but I found Camillian Hospital to be reasonable. They quoted me 200,000 for a big  operation recently, only cost 160,000 in the end, and they gave some discounts on top. 

I live right around the corner from Camillian. While I still prefer "paying up" at Samitivej for anything serious, Camillian is a decent hospital that is very affordable.

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Where does it say it's only for Thai nationals? that's like saying UK law is only for UK citizen's 

So if I, a US citizen am on a holiday in the UK and I trip on a sidewalk, fall and break my collarbone, from that point on: Ambulance, EW, X-ray, treatment, meds and a one night stay will all be provided to me without cost, under UK national health care?

Edited by dddave

48 minutes ago, Onerak said:

American constitution says "all men are created equally" but it took a civil war, and civil rights acts to stop unequal treatment. Racial justice is not fully achieved in the USA till now after 243 years of US formation, though there are thousands civil rights lawyers and activists still working to achieve it. How many activists are working to fix the issue of dual pricing in Thailand? Progress does not happen overnight without a legal fight. The progress we see in the Western countries are the result of legal fights by thousands of enlightened activists. It did not happen by itself and definitely not by like minded people who constantly post racial denigrating remarks on Indian and Chinese.

American citizens don't even get free treatment in the USA , let along getting free/subsidized treatment everywhere else in the World .

Residents of California get cheaper entry into Disneyland , which is dual pricing 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I don’t think there is a mandate to enforce dual pricing.... But it is allowed.

A foreigner in HuaHin was recently changed excessively (compared to Thai’s) for cancer treatment. 

He took the case to court and lost...  

Effectively dual pricing is sanctioned by the state. 

To me at least this seems to be a contraction to the Thai constitution which states everyone should be treated equally - the Thai courts clearly think dual pricing is ‘just’....   

Translation of Thailand's Constitution of 2017:

Section 27

- All persons are equal before the law, and shall have rights and liberties and be protected equally under the law.

- Men and women shall enjoy equal rights.

- Unjust discrimination against a person on the grounds of differences in origin, race, language, sex, age, disability, physical or health condition, personal status, economic and social standing, religious belief, education, or political view which is not contrary to the provisions of the Constitution, or on any other grounds shall not be permitted.

https://www.ilo.org/dyn/natlex/docs/ELECTRONIC/103607/132859/F-1348511433/THA103607 2019.pdf

Would the foreigner have to pay the equivalent in a backlog of decades of Thai taxes  or other social or health insurance payments. Surely a government  has to prioritise its own citizens first?

More importantly why don't you have medical insurance  for elective surgery?

If you want medical treatment why is it your  business what other  people are  paying?

6 hours ago, dddave said:

So if I, a US citizen am on a holiday in the UK and I trip on a sidewalk, fall and break my collarbone, from that point on: Ambulance, EW, X-ray, treatment, meds and a one night stay will all be provided to me without cost, under UK national health care?

No you'll need to pay for it as the UK citizen's have done in the taxes they pay.  Farang aren't expecting thai healthcare for free

9 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Residents of California get cheaper entry into Disneyland , which is dual pricing 

Based on residence - not nationality.  Residents pay local tax - out of state do not.  

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Onerak said:

How many activists are working to fix the issue of dual pricing in Thailand? Progress does not happen overnight without a legal fight

Why should they be at all bothered if none Thais pay extra?  I would imagine that they are fine with it, I would be in their shoes.  Like many farangs on this forum and living here, you need to drop the 'I am entitled to....' attitude, leave your western head in the freezer at home and start being realistic about your status in this lovely country, which is normally for most of us, that of a very temporary resident, on no more than a 12 month extension.  Just be thankful you are here and don't expect any special treatment, you will feel much happier and won't be surprised by things like duel pricing and a lack of subsidized health care.. 

• Like 1