Voices: From hero to zero: How did faith in Boris Johnson’s premiership crumble in less than three years?

onthedarkside

Just now, Bluespunk said:

So I was correct on both points.

Good to see that acknowledged. 

Well, if someone says "The sky is blue", and you retort with "Ah, but grass is green" then yes, I suppose you can claim to be correct on some kind of level.

However, you have also demonstrated that you are unable to disprove the original statement. So thanks for that ????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Well, if someone says "The sky is blue", and you retort with "Ah, but grass is green" then yes, I suppose you can claim to be correct on some kind of level.

However, you have also demonstrated that you are unable to disprove the original statement. So thanks for that ????

As I was correct, then no need to further counter and make clear the deliberate misrepresentation of your claims.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Bluespunk said:

As I was correct, then no need to further counter and make clear the deliberate misrepresentation of your claims.

If you believe that saying that something is politically problematic is the same as claming that it is unlawful then I am afraid that is your comprehension issue, not an issue of my misrepresentation.  

Thanks for demonstrating that so succinctly.

1 hour ago, RayC said:

58 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That is going way off topic and it will all get deleted .

So, no point in discussing it 

I was simply disagreeing with your assertion that the effects of Brexit could not be predicted.

Moreover, as @Kinnock infers any discussion of Johnson's future must surely take into account his past record as PM (bolding unintentional).

Edited by RayC
clarification

8 minutes ago, RayC said:

I was simply disagreeing with your assertion that the effects of Brexit could not be predicted.

Moreover, as @Kinnock infers any discussion of Johnson's future must surely take into account his past record as PM (bolding unintentional).

In regards to your "ready made meal" post .

That was a prediction of how the talks would proceed in the future , that was how he thought that the negotiations would proceed , no one expected the E.U to be so stern or for Remainers to be so stern as well 

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

If you believe that saying that something is politically problematic is the same as claming that it is unlawful then I am afraid that is your comprehension issue, not an issue of my misrepresentation.  

Thanks for demonstrating that so succinctly.

No, still your misrepresentation.

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

No, still your misrepresentation.

I can explain it to you. But I cannot understand it for you. It's a fairly basic concept we are talking about here.

Maybe try addressing the points I made. Rather than pretending I said something  else and refuting that. 

19 hours ago, onthedarkside said:

How did Boris Johnson go from hero to zero in less than three years as prime minister?

He didn’t. He’s still PM, which is hardly a zero, except in the Lefty press distorted way of counting. 

He’s more of a +211, a winner again. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Really? No one expected the EU to be so stern? If by "no one" you mean "Brexiters" you may have a point. But the EU was very clear about what would happen after Brexit. Basically it was either you're in or you're out.. It was the Brexiters who kept on claiming that the EU would capitulate. I remember Brexiters repeatedly claiming that the UK had the upper hand because of the size of its economy. Even though its economy was about 1/6 the size of the rest of the EU.

It was the E.U and the U.K Remainers who deliberately  wouldn't come to any agreement , in the hope that  there would be an new U.K election in which Labour would win and then the U.K would remain in the E.U .

The E.U and the Remainers refused to come to any agreement in the hope that the whole thing would be postponed

50 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I can explain it to you. But I cannot understand it for you. It's a fairly basic concept we are talking about here.

Maybe try addressing the points I made. Rather than pretending I said something  else and refuting that. 

I did address the points you made.

The uk vaccine roll out had nothing to do with brexit.

Many of the major European nations have a better vaccine rate per head of population than the uk. 

18 hours ago, Hummin said:

Hard to understand for one looking from outside how he managed to get in power in the first place! 

Unbelievable

Very easy to understand, the choice was Boris or Teresa ............. so no choice at all really.

Same as the USA whose choice was Trump or Hillary ....... another no choice decision.

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Doing  a mindreading act? And I wasn't aware that the Remainers were at the negotiating table. As the EU explained over and over again, the benefits of being in the EU outweigh the costs. Clearly the Brexiters didn't and don't believe it. They expected some privileges and no costs.  So why are they griping? By their reckoning, they're already ahead.  

They got their hard Brexit and STILL they are angry....

'You won, get over it.'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Doing  a mindreading act? And I wasn't aware that the Remainers were at the negotiating table. As the EU explained over and over again, the benefits of being in the EU outweigh the costs. Clearly the Brexiters didn't and don't believe it. They expected some privileges and no costs.  So why are they griping? By their reckoning, they're already ahead.  

The Remainer M.Ps were required to agree to the exit terms before Brexit could happen and they refused to agree to anything , just said no to all propositions and therefore the exit was delayed for four years  .

Not all Brexitters wanted the same thing , so you cannot say "they wanted" something, because they all had different opinions to what they wanted

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Very easy to understand, the choice was Boris or Teresa ............. so no choice at all really.

Same as the USA whose choice was Trump or Hillary ....... another no choice decision.

True, 

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

It will blow over.

A week is a long time in politics.

He's safe for another 12 months. 

If the Tories lose the two upcoming by elections badly, brand Boris will be shown to be toxic with the Tory heartland. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bannork said:

The Tories want to revive Imperial measures yet their slogan is ' Go Global'.

How many countries in the world use Imperial measures as opposed to metric?

It's so utterly stupid.

Not least because we had already gone metric years before joining the Common Market, so it isn't even a 'Brexit Bonus'. But it is likely this 'policy' is probably just another dead cat.

Edited by baboon
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, bannork said:

The Tories want to revive Imperial measures yet their slogan is ' Go Global'.

How many countries in the world use Imperial measures as opposed to metric?

It's so utterly stupid.

Nonsense again .

The Tories want to get rid of E.U laws that require metric measurement to be prominently displayed .  

Leaving it up to the individual whether they want to use metric or imperial measurements .

People can use either one , but its very unlikely many people would want to use Imperial measurements , because no one under 50 years old knows what they are 

7 minutes ago, RayC said:

This is exactly what I meant about a lack of accountability and responsibility on the part of Brexiters. It's always someone else's fault.

No doubt that the absence of any trade deal with the US will be the fault of the Irish influence in the US senate.

Well OK .

The Remain M.P.s refused to vote for anything that would make Brexit happen.

They voted no to all propositions and so the U,.K couldn't leave the E.U because they voted No on everything .

So, the reason why the U.K couldn't leave the E.U was because of the Remainer UK politicians .

So , whose fault was it that the UK couldnt leave the E.U ?

Edited by Mac Mickmanus