Proposal to scrap Thailand Pass comes as moves to return to normal face a new hurdle: politics

webfact

I have a question please. For Thailand Pass, Thais no longer need to do but must all other foreigners do even if I have a Non-O visa Thai husband entering with a Re-Entry permit? Thanks.

39 minutes ago, Xiao said:

I have a question please. For Thailand Pass, Thais no longer need to do but must all other foreigners do even if I have a Non-O visa Thai husband entering with a Re-Entry permit? Thanks.

Quite similar situation as you except that I have Thai wife. Just came back yesterday from abroad. Yes you need TP even if you have Non-O visa while your Thai husband don't need. Really easy and fast application for TP and you get a notification with a QR code. Present the notification before immigration; a cursory check and off you go. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KhaoNiaw said:

I've just done one for a land border crossing and the window is 5 days (valid from today until 12 June).  Had the same fast processing. 

Fantastic thanks for sharing. Thinking about doing a nong khai run soon.

15 hours ago, Xiao said:

Yes, at the moment still required. 

• Like 1

On 6/7/2022 at 11:29 AM, KhaoNiaw said:

I've just done one for a land border crossing and the window is 5 days (valid from today until 12 June).  Had the same fast processing. 

So what's the deal with a boarder hop. I might have to do one for 30 day visa. Frankly I have know idea.

23 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Quite similar situation as you except that I have Thai wife. Just came back yesterday from abroad. Yes you need TP even if you have Non-O visa while your Thai husband don't need. Really easy and fast application for TP and you get a notification with a QR code. Present the notification before immigration; a cursory check and off you go. 

Eric, as you have recently come back I'm hoping that can help me. I have a 1 year Non-O like yourself and was wondering for the ThaiPass do you have to take out a Covid policy for the total duration of your visa? I have to do a business trip to Singapore next week and wondering if I could get away with a 7 or 15 day policy to satisfy TP requirements?

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

So what's the deal with a boarder hop. I might have to do one for 30 day visa. Frankly I have know idea.

I'm just on a trip rather than a border hop but I didn't have any problems coming over to Laos. I showed my Thai vaccination certificate no problem. All nationalities now pay $40 for visa on arrival but paying in baht is more expensive. The Thailand Pass for both me and my Lao girlfriend were processed within 30 minutes. I used my Thai social insurance card and vaccination certificate and got the 650 baht insurance for her. We're coming over tomorrow. 

Edited by KhaoNiaw

16 hours ago, Forza2002 said:

Eric, as you have recently come back I'm hoping that can help me. I have a 1 year Non-O like yourself and was wondering for the ThaiPass do you have to take out a Covid policy for the total duration of your visa? I have to do a business trip to Singapore next week and wondering if I could get away with a 7 or 15 day policy to satisfy TP requirements?

I have social security which is accepted by TP. If you have insurance cover in Thailand, I think it will be accepted. My friend had a general ASEAN insurance cover as he has businesses in the region and cleared TP. Sorry I can't give information more than I know. Best of luck.