My CNX Hotel Experience-June 2022

sqwakvfr

13 minutes ago, RandiRona said:

Sorry for your experience but other than an opportunity for you to rant, it is useless to most since they wont know which Hotel is this.

Atleast share the general area where this Hotel is located or an Alphabet it is starting with.

Walking distance from Pantip. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Self rated 4 & 5 star hotels   ....  nuff said

... people start believing that, and I'm going to start giving marital advice ????

I agree, who believes in these online ratings these days? I mean go and look at IMDB. You'll see how some movies get a high rating and after watching the first 10 minutes you're fully aware the rating was created by the family and friends of the acting/production crew.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

And making a  fuss about a toothbrush might be construed as pathetic.

If you would have comprehended what he wrote you might have understood it wasn't just a toothbrush.

"Got to the room and noticed there were no amenity items in the bothroom (toothrush etc)."

I take it you always travel with shampoo, cream rinse, and bath soap?

NOTE: Many of the 5 start hotels I have frequented also provides items such as:

• Mouthwash
  • Sewing kits
  • Shower caps
  • Shoe horns
  • Manicuring files
  • etc
  • Like 1

Most people pack their toothbrushes with their underwear. Amenity kits are just an underused cost; thus in lean times, one that can be relegated to 'only on request.' Just good management when skating on the edge of bankruptcy. Back when United Airlines was on lean times, amentity kits were only by request in business class, i.e., no longer sitting in every seat. Frills are the first to go. (Very few were requested, surprisingly to me. But the wife, a stew, witnessed it.)

• Like 1

oh dear  '      It's just terrible that you ordered scrambled eggs and you sadly never got your scambled eggs.

just goes to show you can never trust those cooks at the egg station ......

you sound like a really painful customer what with no toothbrush & no scrambled eggs for breaky.  

sounds like word got out the minute you checked in .....      Lol

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Go to Booking.com, pull up hotels for Bangkok ...

Filter 4 & 5 star

Now filter the amenities you'd expect at a 4 or 5 star hotel.

I've done this, and got less than 10 remaining, and this pre covid

Still, I don't think some offered 24 hr room service, or a concierge 

to get entertain tickets.  Tailor or hair salon on site.

Did as I suggested, bkk hotels, filter 4 & 5 star, then filter amenities, got down to 13

or which three I scratched for lack of restaurant all day.

Not all were handicap friendly, so less if needed say, rail in toilet.

image.png

Edited by KhunLA

First you probably paid too much. Look on TripAdvisor or other comparison site and then at the Agoda rate or best other rate. 4000 baht is a lot. I am staying at a hotel 4 to 4 and a half star that is fantastic on beach with big buffet for significantly less than half. Huge room. Outlook to sea. Gym. Boxing. Jacuzzi on balcony. Worth planning ahead. 
This hotel has slippers and dressing gown and free snack bar but no tooth brush. I don’t tend to expect a free toothbrush or see it as a thing to want or necessarily expect. If they said you get it then ok but they are normally not as good as a proper tooth brush so no big deal.
The problem with buffet is that at this time you should stay in busier hotels as they can have a decent full buffet. Smaller or quieter hotels may not have full buffet or will just give you a la carte. Service may not be as good. Tourism is way down.
My hotel has nice fresh yoghurt that isnt sweet in a bowl that is covered. Good yoghurt is important not individual serve. I judge buffet on quality. Do they have decent bread, muesli, decent salads and cooked meals. 
Bar hotel  prices are always a bit high except happy hour. Hotel may be quiet and this may affect service and range.  I go to local store and buy though that may not be your cup of tea. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

1) Got to the room and noticed there were no amenity items in the bothroom (toothrush etc).  Went downstairs and asked about amenity items.  I was told "you have to request them when you make your booking".  I replied I was never advised of this. 

I have just been looking at a 5 *hotel website , in the location and the 4000 Baht rooms do not include bathroom amenities like toothbrush and soap , these are only available in the 5000 Baht per night room .

Seems like you got given those toiletries when you didn't pay for them .

If you would have stayed in a more expensive de-lux room, you would have had a toothbrush when you arrived

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

'Phony smile'  is probably a nervous smile.

You really travel without a toothbrush?

The draft beer  tasted like bottled? How can that be a bad thing?

By the time the OP got to breakfast the word had got  round amongst the staff about awful customer.

My sympathy  metre ran out with the culturally insensitive and ignorant term 'phony smile'

And making a  fuss about a toothbrush might be construed as pathetic.

I never asked for sympathy.  Meter not metre.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, beau thai said:

Lets play hangman:    s-----i  - -a.     Warm??

I dont agree with most comments above.

For4k a night in these times, guests (which is what these hotels call customers) are entitled to great service - helpful and courteous.

If it falls short, leave an appropriate review on Booking.com or wherever so other guests know what to expect- and select somewhere with better management.  

No, but close.  That location was excellent.

32 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I have just been looking at a 5 *hotel website , in the location and the 4000 Baht rooms do not include bathroom amenities like toothbrush and soap , these are only available in the 5000 Baht per night room .

Seems like you got given those toiletries when you didn't pay for them .

If you would have stayed in a more expensive de-lux room, you would have had a toothbrush when you arrived

Was ata lower rated hotel last month and all was included.  

Just now, sqwakvfr said:

Was ata lower rated hotel last month and all was included.  

Yes, but the hotel you stayed in this time, it wasn't included with the money you paid for your room .

You would have had to book into the de-lux rooms to get a free toothbrush

9 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, but the hotel you stayed in this time, it wasn't included with the money you paid for your room .

You would have had to book into the de-lux rooms to get a free toothbrush

You know this for certain because I can't verify your statement with the hotel.  I was told later the amenity items are included but on has to request the at the time of booking(I stated as much in the initial post).  But of course you know more so I must be wrong.