What a mess! Pattaya's hanging wires are dangerous and bad memories tourists will take home with them

webfact

9 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well that and the dug up roads, half built pavements and litter around the place, there will be 5 million Indians going home telling everyone the place is a dump!

I doubt it.

Trash on the river bank in New Delhi

Trash in New Delhi.jpg

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

But they do not light up anything.

They are not electricity cables. They are mostly internet fibre optic and old telephone lines.

The service providers just use the 'convenient' electricity poles.

The electricity cables are out of reach at the top of the poles.

Furthermore, it is a hell of lot easier just to attach a new cable than attempt to unravel the existing lines and remove those being replaced or superceded. It is a nationwide problem. 

I can't see it changing anytime soon, though resolving it would present a tremendous business opportunity for some enterprising company . 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, champers said:

Works are ongoing in Pattaya,

Your definition and mine of 'ongoing' may well differ..... the pavement down Klang is going nowhere! Having zero workers there is going nowhere!

Edited by jacko45k

3 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Negative, miserable people will always take home negative memories. 

They'll find something to be bitter about. 

Wiring in the UK was better than Pattaya's a hundred years ago.

The people responsible should be sacked.

I worked on electric mains in London over half a century back, not a cable to be seen......????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Your definition and mine of 'ongoing' may well differ..... the pavement down Klang is going nowhere! Having zero workers there is going nowhere!

Klang's pavements are dire, I agree. I think that during Covid a variety of factors have slowed progress: labour shortages ( many foreign workers went home), shortage of funds and part of the budget being diverted to such projects as handing out food parcels and managing Covid testing and vaccinations.

Hopefully the pace of progress will speed up, maybe prompted by the new mayor ... or maybe not.

• Haha 1

A done to death topic. Quite boring to grab it now.

And to the rescue: a lot of cable stuff on certain roads has been cleaned up or dug underground already. I remember the crying when North Pattaya rd. was a construction mess for that reason. And even in cheap charlie rd (Soi Buakhao) they cleaned up the internet cable chaos (a bit :biggrin:).

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

Not complaining, commenting, there's a difference. 

I moved here in 2011, I've been home once after I'd been here about 4 years, the difference in London was striking, and not in a bad way. But hey you're happy being stuck permanently in the past, upto you as the Thais like to say.

I'm not scared of progress but if it ain't happening then what the heck do I care.

• Like 1

So now, according to you, we are not allowed to comment negatively ?? Seems strange to me, we have to talk up everything ?? Bizarre beyond belief, I'm not a fan of everything that happens here and I will comment as I see fit, I suggest you skip my posts if they upset your sensibilities.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Well that and the dug up roads, half built pavements and litter around the place, there will be 5 million Indians going home telling everyone the place is a dump!

they probably don't even notice it. it seems to be only whiny "fallung" that get upset about this kind of stuff because they think their home countries are perfect. The West is the Best and all the other neo-colonialisms.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, transam said:

Wiring in the UK was better than Pattaya's a hundred years ago.

The people responsible should be sacked.

I worked on electric mains in London over half a century back, not a cable to be seen......????

I hate to be the one to break this to you champ but Pattaya ain't the UK despite all the shaved head lager louts and the old ladyboy and black football player old crusties that infest the place. 

I'd name names but... well you know the drill.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

they probably don't even notice it. it seems to be only whiny "fallung" that get upset about this kind of stuff because they think their home countries are perfect. The West is the Best and all the other neo-colonialisms.

In this instance , Western Countries are better at wire management .

Maybe if Thais complained more about the ugly wires , then the authorities might to something to fix the issue ?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

I hate to be the one to break this to you champ but Pattaya ain't the UK despite all the shaved head lager louts and the old ladyboy and black football player old crusties that infest the place. 

I suppose you are only 55, ????????

1 hour ago, Lemsta69 said:

Fink the subject is electrics, chum.....????