Jump to content

What a mess! Pattaya's hanging wires are dangerous and bad memories tourists will take home with them


webfact
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

No one would say that all that bunch of hanging wires.. lights up that city..🤔

AABE1D64-63E2-48BA-8D09-D6A810D69530.jpeg

Edited by Tarteso
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well that and the dug up roads, half built pavements and litter around the place, there will be 5 million Indians going home telling everyone the place is a dump!

I doubt it.

 

Trash on the river bank in New Delhi

 

Trash in New Delhi.jpg

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Moonlover said:

I doubt it.

Is that Koh Larn or Koh Chang?

I was being cynical by the way. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, jacko45k said:

Is that Koh Larn or Koh Chang?

I was being cynical by the way. 

Look again. I've just amended it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

But they do not light up anything.

They are not electricity cables. They are mostly internet fibre optic and old telephone lines.

The service providers just use the 'convenient' electricity poles.

The electricity cables are out of reach at the top of the poles.

Furthermore, it is a hell of lot easier just to attach a new cable than attempt to unravel the existing lines and remove those being replaced or superceded. It is a nationwide problem. 

I can't see it changing anytime soon, though resolving it would present a tremendous business opportunity for some enterprising company . 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, champers said:

Works are ongoing in Pattaya,

Your definition and mine of 'ongoing' may well differ..... the pavement down Klang is going nowhere! Having zero workers there is going nowhere!

Edited by jacko45k
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Negative, miserable people will always take home negative memories. 

 

They'll find something to be bitter about. 

 

 

Wiring in the UK was better than Pattaya's a hundred years ago.

The people responsible should be sacked.

I worked on electric mains in London over half a century back, not a cable to be seen......🥴

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Your definition and mine of 'ongoing' may well differ..... the pavement down Klang is going nowhere! Having zero workers there is going nowhere!

Klang's pavements are dire, I agree. I think that during Covid a variety of factors have slowed progress: labour shortages ( many foreign workers went home), shortage of funds and part of the budget being diverted to such projects as handing out food parcels and managing Covid testing and vaccinations.

Hopefully the pace of progress will speed up, maybe prompted by the new mayor ... or maybe not.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

A done to death topic. Quite boring to grab it now.

And to the rescue: a lot of cable stuff on certain roads has been cleaned up or dug underground already. I remember the crying when North Pattaya rd. was a construction mess for that reason. And even in cheap charlie rd (Soi Buakhao) they cleaned up the internet cable chaos (a bit :biggrin:).

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not complaining, commenting, there's a difference. 

 

I moved here in 2011, I've been home once after I'd been here about 4 years, the difference in London was striking, and not in a bad way. But hey you're happy being stuck permanently in the past, upto you as the Thais like to say.

 

I'm not scared of progress but if it ain't happening then what the heck do I care.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Not complaining, commenting, there's a difference

Nope it's a complaint.

 

Your comment is negative. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So now, according to you, we are not allowed to comment negatively ?? Seems strange to me, we have to talk up everything ?? Bizarre beyond belief, I'm not a fan of everything that happens here and I will comment as I see fit, I suggest you skip my posts if they upset your sensibilities.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Well that and the dug up roads, half built pavements and litter around the place, there will be 5 million Indians going home telling everyone the place is a dump!

they probably don't even notice it. it seems to be only whiny "fallung" that get upset about this kind of stuff because they think their home countries are perfect. The West is the Best and all the other neo-colonialisms.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, transam said:

Wiring in the UK was better than Pattaya's a hundred years ago.

The people responsible should be sacked.

I worked on electric mains in London over half a century back, not a cable to be seen......🥴

I hate to be the one to break this to you champ but Pattaya ain't the UK despite all the shaved head lager louts and the old ladyboy and black football player old crusties that infest the place. 

 

I'd name names but... well you know the drill.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

they probably don't even notice it. it seems to be only whiny "fallung" that get upset about this kind of stuff because they think their home countries are perfect. The West is the Best and all the other neo-colonialisms.

In this instance , Western Countries are better at wire management .

Maybe if Thais complained more about the ugly wires , then the authorities might to something to fix the issue ?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

I hate to be the one to break this to you champ but Pattaya ain't the UK despite all the shaved head lager louts and the old ladyboy and black football player old crusties that infest the place. 

 

I'd name names but... well you know the drill.

I suppose you are only 55, 😁😁

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lemsta69 said:

I hate to be the one to break this to you champ but Pattaya ain't the UK despite all the shaved head lager louts and the old ladyboy and black football player old crusties that infest the place. 

 

I'd name names but... well you know the drill.

Fink the subject is electrics, chum.....😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...