Jan. 6 committee says probe shows Trump led and directed effort to overturn 2020 election

onthedarkside

3 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Ridiculous....but at least you didn't take 1,000 words to make yet another nonsensical claim.  Even if Garland were to recuse himself, so what?  His next-in-command could easily shepherd Trump's prosecution. 

The wheels of justice move slowly.  But at least now they're going after that whole fake electors caper. 

[The Department of Justice reportedly is criminally investigating the formation of alternate slates of presidential electors for Donald Trump as part of a plan to undo President Joe Biden's 2020 election win.

That probe is particularly focused on a team of attorneys who were working for Trump on that effort, The New York Times reported.]

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/doj-criminally-investigating-plan-for-alternate-trump-electors-with-focus-on-lawyers-report-says/ar-AAYy8Qd?ocid=wispr&cvid=5a2082419e9949c2b3b032ba1f6e4c28

Yeah, sorry. Sometimes it takes me 1,000 words to be as ridiculous as others manage with far fewer........... 

Cheers! 

-------------

(By the way, there's a wonderful scene in the movie Amadeus where Mozart has just performed his new masterpiece for the king. 

After finishing, Amadeus turns to the king to see his reaction. 

The only thing the king says is, "My, it seems to have a lot of notes. Does there need to be so many notes?"

To which Mozart replies, "I'm sorry your highness, it only has as many notes as it took." 

I always think of that scene and chuckle............ whenever someone deems it necessary to criticize the lengthiness of my posts........ . "It only contains as many words as it took!") 

Cheers, again! 

Edited by KanchanaburiGuy
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Looking back at the last six or seven years, it looks like it's the Democrats who are the champions of never-ending harassment.

The Democrats tried to play the Republican game (remember Mitch McConnell's determination to make Obama a "one-term President" and his refusal to bring Merrick Garland's nomination to the Supreme Court up in the Senate?) but they were never as good at it as the Republicans. 

What success the Democrats had during the Trump years was due to Trump's rejection of long established ethical standards, admiration of autocrats (especially Putin), contempt for democratic allies, and general incompetence.

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

Your premise depends heavily on something not yet proven............ that Trump knew he was lying. That he, "believed his own lies." 

I've asked a couple of times in this thread whether anyone could present any evidence, testimony, speech transcripts or clips, or interview segments............. ANY AT ALL.......... where Trump EVER said something that indicates that he doesn't wholeheartedly believe everything he's been saying about the election. 

So far, nothing. Nothing, nada, zero, zip! 

See, for someone to "believe their own lies," first they have to know they ARE lies. 

To this point, there are probably HUNDREDS of clips of Trump speaking about this issue......... as well as many hours of testimony on record by people who saw him frequently or even daily.......... yet, as far as I've seen, there's not one indicator.......... NOT ONE!........ that Trump doesn't believe 100% in the ABSOLUTE TRUTH of what he's saying! 

It's not "believing your own lies"......... when you believe you are speaking the absolute truth! 

So sorry, a counter-argument saying he's been "believing his own lies"........... doesn't fly. Produce some evidence that Trump doesn't believe in the absolute truth of what he's been saying........... JUST ONE!........ and that'll change everything!

Certainly, asking for examples a couple of times here............. still has yet to produced any!

Can you? 

Cheers! 

"It's not "believing your own lies"......... when you believe you are speaking the absolute truth!"

From a guilty/not guilty perspective that's totally irrelevant. A guy who feeds arsenic to babies because he believes it's good for them is just as guilty as a guy who does it for fun.

• Like 2

If Trump stayed in office, Mexico would have been Usa’s Ukraine! 

Just think about it, how he could have used same arguments about the corrupt Mexico to invade and take over government and replace it. 

How many Americans would accepted his reasons, loking back when we see how many republicans still support Trump after the riots 6. of january, and know what happend there. Unbelievable people do not see

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hummin said:

If Trump stayed in office, Mexico would have Usa’s Ukraine! 

Just think about it, how he could have used same arguments about the corrupt Mexico to invade and take over government and replace it with. 

How many Americans would accepted his reasons, loking back when we see how many republicans still support Trump after the riots 6 of january, and know what happend there. Unbelievable people do not see

I don't think white nationalists.would be interested in Mexico though. The US already conquered a huge chunk of Mexico long ago.

6 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

So you don't believe in election results but are OK with poll results??

The ratings today are relevant to the conversation I was having with someone else.

I didn't mention poll results. Try your luck at the next beat.  

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

You mean that Trump wasn't a career politician.

As far as "general incompetence" goes, it looks like this undisputed title belongs to Joe Biden. 

Can't argue with you, no one else could be that bad!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I don't think white nationalists.would be interested in Mexico though. The US already conquered a huge chunk of Mexico long ago.

Trump repeatedly saying he would invade Mexico, bomb drug cartels, send missils and of course this will over time form his supporters. Putins mission was to protect russians in donbass and other part of the eastern region, and his target was Azov and other private armies out of control. Dont see the similarities? 

Just google “trump invading mexico” and see what he said and how often

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, candide said:

The problem is that Trump tells so much B.S. that a large part of it nearly gets unnoticed.

But during time, it have an effect, like now repeating the cheating votes over and over, again and again. 

repeat a lie often enough,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

Looking back at the last six or seven years, it looks like it's the Democrats who are the champions of never-ending harassment.

What about Ken Starr investigating Clinton for 7 years before finding nothing and accusing him of lying to protect his marriage?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Trump repeatedly saying he would invade Mexico, bomb drug cartels, send missils and of course this will over time form his supporters. Putins mission was to protect russians in donbass and other part of the eastern region, and his target was Azov and other private armies out of control. Dont see the similarities? 

Just google “trump invading mexico” and see what he said and how often

Not similar at all. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Hummin said:

If Trump stayed in office, Mexico would have been Usa’s Ukraine! 

Just think about it, how he could have used same arguments about the corrupt Mexico to invade and take over government and replace it.

As for the tactic of the Russians handing out Russian passports in occupied Ukraine, can you imagine if he did that in Mexico?  Those patriots would be erecting their next gallows for the guy in the corset!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bendejo said:

As for the tactic of the Russians handing out Russian passports in occupied Ukraine, can you imagine if he did that in Mexico?  Those patriots would be erecting their next gallows for the guy in the corset!

Well, There is a small minor difference since many Russians have been left behind with the seperation of Soviet empire, and there have been easy to manipulate Russians feelings to believe the propaganda given by Putin, but remember BBC among more western media had several critical documentaries about Azov and other private armies in Ukraine harming Russians. Also the years of wide covering Ukraine as the most corrupt country in Europe, backed by Trump. Coincidence?

Trump wanted to protect americans from dirty criminal Mexicans by invading and bomb the criminal cartels there, and also clean up the corrupt politicians, army and police! 

I'm getting the impression the defense for Team Insurrection is going to lean a lot on the "I can't help it" defense.  DT can't be held responsible because he believed alternate facts.  Giuliani wasn't responsible because he was drunk.  Anybody remember the diminished capacity defense? 

I have met a few people over the years who are arrogant can't-be-wrong bozos, but when they are caught out they retreat into an excuse about a sort circuit in the head of some sort.  One insufferable clown I had to work with couldn't handle being wrong, and when necessary would say he is "almost dyslexic."

I can't see DT pleading mental incapacity.  I also can't see him doing the pathetic old man schtick, going to court in a wheelchair (is Bill Cosby still as crippled and blind as he was at his first sentencing?).  Giuliani?  All bets are off on that one!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Trump wanted to protect americans from dirty criminal Mexicans by invading and bomb the criminal cartels there, and also clean up the corrupt politicians, army and police! 

Maybe he can incite inspire his followers to invade Mexico themselves, a la 1/6.  Drug cartels vs hillbilly uprising.  Sounds like a plot for a low-budget movie.