Jan. 6 committee says probe shows Trump led and directed effort to overturn 2020 election

onthedarkside

14 minutes ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

Funny, you said "knew" and I said.......... many, many times.......... "believed." Those are very different things.

You getting that wrong is probably why you mistakenly believe I "want it both ways." 

In the Trump Era, haven't you seen enough evidence yet that what Trump BELIEVES............ is far more important to him than facts?

Why then would you believe that just because someone "told" him............ that he would accept that as something he "knows?" 

No, more likely he would interpret it as more deception and lying (which is how he interpreted what Barr had to say about it............. despite Barr's nearly two years of almost blind loyalty and fealty to Trump.)

As I pointed out, courts look very dubiously on such claims.

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

We don't need several indictments against Trump.

Just one that he can't beat.

Georgia is looking good.

I have a question though 

If he's convicted in Georgia does that mean he goes to a state prison.rather than a Club Fed.

And the governor can pardon him. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

We don't need several indictments against Trump.

Just one that he can't beat.

Georgia is looking good.

I have a question though 

If he's convicted in Georgia does that mean he goes to a state prison.rather than a Club Fed.

Trump will love prison food.  ????

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You've got a point. He's no foodie. Overcooked chunks of meat with ketchup is right up his alley.

True, but prisons are not know for all-you-can-eat buffets.  Prisons also serve vegetables.  What will Trump do with those?

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Just to provide evidence to support Jingthing's refutation of your claim:

Can I get a pardon from the governor or president?

No, only the State Board of Pardons & Paroles grants pardons in Georgia. The President pardons convictions of federal offenses only.

https://www.gjp.org/programs/criminal-records/faqs/faqs-pardons/

Who appoints the board? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One outstanding question is whether the select committee after the hearings will recommend criminal charges against Mr Trump for his role in the events leading up to the riot.

While the committee itself cannot charge the former president with any crimes, the US Justice Department has been watching the testimony closely.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-06-22/capitol-riot-january-six-committee-hearings-trump-calls-revealed/101172434

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Even Fox News’ Conservative Analysts Say Jan. 6 Hearings Prove Trump’s ‘Unfitness’ for Presidency

"Former Assistant U.S. Attorney Andy McCarthy, commenting on the latest revelations from the Jan. 6 Committee hearings Tuesday, told fellow Fox News analysts Jonathan Turley, John Roberts and Anita Vogel that Donald Trump’s pressuring officials to reject the official ballots for the 2020 presidential election shows his “unfitness,” and that the former president may be “guilty of a crime.”

He added that there is “no defending what President Trump did” on Jan. 6, 2021. “If you were a defense lawyer, if you were someone with a different perspective than the anti-Trump perspective that’s carried by the committee, I don’t think there’s any defending what President Trump did,” he said."

However, McCarthy differs from the committee in believing the coup attempt was never “plausible” and that “the system did work” in preventing the election being overturned, comments of which you can watch below.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, nauseus said:

However, McCarthy differs from the committee in believing the coup attempt was never “plausible” and that “the system did work” in preventing the election being overturned, comments of which you can watch below.

So you agree with the rest of his statements as well?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

It makes absolutely no difference that the coup attempt failed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Why not print the whole link?

If you mean the whole linked article it's against forum rules:

"27. You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Only post a link, the headline and three sentences from the article."

Now, are you gonna answer my question or continue deflecting? I repeat:

So you agree with the rest of his statements as well?

• Like 1