Jan. 6 committee says probe shows Trump led and directed effort to overturn 2020 election

onthedarkside

I don't want Trump running again anyway.  As a conservative, he never was my choice.  But then because I don't support one of the Two-Party Duopoly, any candidate I'm interested in is lucky to get on the ballot in my state.

3 hours ago, oliverX said:

The J6 currently airing on cable news in America is not an investigation? Investigation is complete I always thought and this is a hearing, It's a one sided made for television infomercial read from teleprompters. Nothing naughty about it, and I state the crimes must be adjudicated accordingly. In that vein I look for impartial, partisan presentations. We will see where the evidence leads us. However I will go on record as saying the prosecutions are limited now and unlikely any further noteworthy charges will be brought against some media generated players or Trump and his group unless benny J brings the goods during the televised production over the next week. I highly doubt though there is much more the J6 committee has left in the bank to prosecute.

Yep - it is a circus. 

Before January 2021, I didn't even know there was a law on the books called "Parading."  That concerns me more than pretty much anything else.  So what other laws can I be put into prison for without knowing I was breaking a law?  ????

8 minutes ago, connda said:

Before January 2021, I didn't even know there was a law on the books called "Parading."  That concerns me more than pretty much anything else.  So what other laws can I be put into prison for without knowing I was breaking a law?  ????

It's considered a federal offense (title 18): this list is some of the typical charges resulting from J6:

"Federal: Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building or Grounds; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building"

There are hundreds of parading charges stemming from the J6 riot.

"More than 600 individuals have been accused of entering or remaining in the restricted Capitol grounds, the most common crime alleged so far, which carries a maximum sentence of 1 year in prison and a $100,000 fine at the misdemeanor level."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/january-6-capitol-riot-year-later-hundreds-face-charges-questions-remain/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, connda said:

"picketing" also is a federal title 18 offense. But, i think parading, picketing charges seriously undermines some of the violations seen during J6.

• Like 1

and I thought we all knew that already, the committee just confirmed it, I was expecting the committee to advise for his immediate lock up pending final findings

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Berkshire said:

One thing is certain:  Trump is watching these hearings.

Not on Fox News, he's not. I'm wondering what BS  Fox's PR department is cooking up to excuse its lack of coverage of one of the most significant events of America's history.

They can hardly say Rupert told me not to report on it.

• Like 2