U.K. Home Office misled refugees about U.N. involvement in Rwanda plans, court told

onthedarkside

Screenshot_1.jpg.8b73d4a2cabd9b6d13dcede211d44f8b.jpg

Letters to asylum seekers assured them UNHCR was ‘closely involved’ in deportation scheme, high court hears

"The United Nations refugee agency has made a dramatic intervention to try to halt Priti Patel’s plan to deport asylum seekers to Rwanda.

In a late submission of evidence, the UNHCR claimed the home secretary misled refugees over the organisation’s support for the plan. The agency has also said the scheme failed to meet the required standards of “legality and appropriateness” for transferring asylum seekers from one country to another.

It emerged on Friday that the government has cancelled the removal directions for three people who had asked the high court to prevent their deportation. In the hearing, it emerged two more people will also have them cancelled."

(more)

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jun/10/home-office-misled-refugees-about-un-involvement-in-rwanda-plans-court-told

1522915602_TheGuardian.jpg.9ce7503123058f5eae9e5e9e1305541e.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

You should read the fine print.

Rwanda will only accept refugees that augments their economy. The refugees must either have money, or a skill-set.

For every refugee Rwanda accepts, they will sent one of their own refugees to the UK.

In other words, we swap our educated refugees for their uneducated and needy refugees. Those that will need support from the government with housing and money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otl-CFqUdiU&ab_channel=TrevorCoultMC®️

i have read the fine print yes. i have watched your link as well. have you read any print let alone the 'fine' print or is youtube all and everything to you?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

If I get a boat to Thailand and enter Thailand illegally and stay in Thailand without a visa and ask Thailand to grant me permeant residency as well as food, money and accommodation and a work visa  .

I trust that you would fully support me in my quest for a better life ?

Send the asylum seekers to Thailand Phipat will welcome them with open arms.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Send the asylum seekers to Thailand Phipat will welcome them with open arms.

With the RTA no doubt robbing them of what little they have as soon as they set foot on Thai soil.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

If I get a boat to Thailand and enter Thailand illegally and stay in Thailand without a visa and ask Thailand to grant me permeant residency as well as food, money and accommodation and a work visa  .

Good one! If the illegals tried to do in Thailand what they are doing in the UK, I know its highly unlikely, but they would all end up being arrested and put in jail!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

Good one! If the illegals tried to do in Thailand what they are doing in the UK, I know its highly unlikely, but they would all end up being arrested and put in jail!

I would think that the boats would get sunk enroute

11 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

You should read the fine print.

Rwanda will only accept refugees that augments their economy. The refugees must either have money, or a skill-set.

For every refugee Rwanda accepts, they will sent one of their own refugees to the UK.

In other words, we swap our educated refugees for their uneducated and needy refugees. Those that will need support from the government with housing and money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otl-CFqUdiU&ab_channel=TrevorCoultMC®️

This is getting ridiculous , a link to a Youtube video where a guy is talking about a link to a Youtube video that someone went him .

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I would think that the boats would get sunk enroute

This is getting ridiculous , a link to a Youtube video where a guy is talking about a link to a Youtube video that someone went him .

He cites the relevant paragraphs in the relevant paper.

Check it out yourself.

15 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

False equivalence.

Back to Dover for you mate to help "Man of the people" Nigel turn around those nasty forriners in boats striving for a life away from strife.

9 minutes ago, Red Forever said:

False equivalence.

Back to Dover for you mate to help "Man of the people" Nigel turn around those nasty forriners in boats striving for a life away from strife.

Is France really that bad ?

I have a Thai find who cannot get a U.K visa , should I bring her in by boat avoiding immigration ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

But Thailand, with an aging population, is crying out for more immigrants - one of the reasons why Thailand has just agreed with Myanmar, Laos and Cambodia to ease the entry rules. ( and of course Britain has similar problems - just ask any fruit farmer or NHS hospital manager.)

1 minute ago, George Aylesham said:

But Thailand, with an aging population, is crying out for more immigrants - one of the reasons why Thailand has just agreed with Myanmar, Laos and Cambodia to ease the entry rules. ( and of course Britain has similar problems - just ask any fruit farmer or NHS hospital manager.)

If people want to work in the U.K and there are jobs available, they can apply for Visas to enter the U.K , they dont need to enter illegally 

• Like 1

UPDATE:

U.K.’s first Rwanda deportation flight given go-ahead by High Court

Campaigners ‘disappointed’ and ‘deeply concerned’ after bid to stop Tuesday’s flight fails

Home secretary Priti Patel’s highly-controversial plan to send asylum seekers to Rwanda on a plane next week has been given the go-ahead, despite warnings by the UN’s refugee agency the scheme is unlawful.

A High Court judge rejected campaigners’ bid for an injunction to stop the Home Office’s first deportation flight to Rwanda, scheduled to leave on Tuesday with 31 migrants onboard.

Despite outrage from human rights groups and opposition MPs, up to 130 people have been notified that they could be sent to the central African nation for asylum “processing”, as the Home Office plans to schedule more flights this year.

The Prince of Wales was reported as privately describing the government’s policy as “appalling”, with Charles said to have been especially frustrated at the policy as he will represent the Queen at the Commonwealth Heads of Government meeting in Rwanda later this month.

(more)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/home-office-rwanda-migrants-deportation-b2098224.html

Independent.jpg.277da9bf16ce6254d734b6fa5b74bf91.jpg

5 hours ago, onthedarkside said:

despite warnings by the UN’s refugee agency the scheme is unlawful.

A High Court judge rejected campaigners’ bid for an injunction to stop the Home Office’s first deportation flight to Rwanda,

Hmm, who to believe? Bleeding UN hearts or UK High Court?

Could this be one of the first times actual justice prevails in this type of matter? Our courts haven’t displayed anything other than virtue signalling recently.  
Let’s hope the appeal is promptly kicked out too.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2022 at 12:03 AM, baboon said:

I suspect they WANT to be defeated, to inflame their hard right support base and to cause civil strife in the UK. Just like Trump and just for Putin.

This whole thing about Johnson being a mini Trump - well only because he comes from a smaller country. 

If rational people the world over are not prepared to stand in solidarity, then from Azerbaijan to Zimbabwe, we are screwed. 

Don't hate. Refuse to hate apart from those bstard$ who seek to set us all upon each other for the sake of their capital.

If you're referring to Boris coming from a smaller country (UK) you are wrong he's from the same country as Trump New York born as it happens, I agree with your post though!