Is Pattaya really cheaper than Phuket ?

On 6/13/2022 at 8:08 AM, Kenchamp said:

And if you do rent or own a scooter you will also be "systematically raped" by the Phuket cops who set up checkpoints all over the place targeting farangs

That's the Thai way they do business, in Hua-hin happens the same with the police, however sinds covid I do'nt have seen them yet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

That's the Thai way they do business, in Hua-hin happens the same with the police, however sinds covid I do'nt have seen them yet.

Bullpie, they stopped those without helmet and checked paperwork. In Hua Hin they stop locals as well.

I lived there for 3 years and was only fined for red light crossing once because I crossed a red light, never fined for no helmet or anything else.

• Like 1

It seems most people are saying Phuket is more expensive than Pattaya, the question is why?

Is it because of supply and demand so market forces or is it because they can get away with it?

If its so expensive why do people go back? I know the beaches are better there, but would that be enough to make people pay more for hotels, meals, entertainment etc?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

It seems most people are saying Phuket is more expensive than Pattaya, the question is why?

The "why" has been mentioned before if I'm not mistaken.

2 main factors:

- Phuket is an island far away from the main commercial hub (Bangkok).

- Phuket is totally corrupted (crooked transportation system and police).

As for the future, I'll be interested to know as well...