Bitcoin going well

2 minutes ago, dinga said:

For goodness sake - PURCHASING POWER is the aim - NOT fiat value (take at burton at the extremes of Weimar Germany, Turkey or Zimbabwe if you remain fixated on Capital "Value" and Dividends.   Look at the AUD purchasing power over that period VS Gold (in AUD - FX movements also important as the USD has very likely greatly strengthened since 1996).  Purchasing Power is the real thing that matters - not the smoke & mirrors of Fiat measures...

Zero yield = zero purchasing power.

Gold after storage costs is a loser.

Thats why Buffet doesnt buy it. Its a dud unless you buy the lows.

Aud is 24.5 baht.

86k a year dividends from my example is 175,500 baht a month to live off.

Gold income zero. Storage costs.

175,500 vs net fees

Why would you buy gold????

Makes no sense unless you think gold will double in price next few years.

14 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Aud is 24.5 baht.

175,500 vs net fees

I have no expectation for you, but others may find this helpful:

https://www.asgoodasgoldaus.com.au/blog/australias-dollar-has-collapsed-76-in-21-years/

2 minutes ago, dinga said:

I have no expectation for you, but others may find this helpful:

https://www.asgoodasgoldaus.com.au/blog/australias-dollar-has-collapsed-76-in-21-years/

All fiats go down due to inflation.

Once again, U.S. stocks beat both U.S. bonds and gold. From March 1990 through March 2021, the S&P 500 gained 10.4% on an annualized basis with dividends reinvested. The 10-year Treasury note delivered an annualized return of 4.6%. Gold, meanwhile, generated an annualized return of 5.2%.

17 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Aud is 24.5 baht.

175,500 vs net fees

BHP yields were 3 % last year , although they are 11 % now, the future yield isn't known, could be back down to 3 % next year

The Central bankers have declared war on crypto currencies to make way for central bank digital cash.

Christine Lagarde a member of the board of directors of the World Economic Forum and the head of the European Central Bank recently said cryptocurrency is worth nothing and based on nothing.

This reminds me of the dotcom crash of 2000 where most companies failed and month after month of declines.  It showed the value of having a proveable revenue stream with profits, saleable assets or big deep pockets angel investors.  

I had 10 billion in unrealized profits.  My firm won't let me sell!!!  Says market conditions!!!

Oh, wait, Bitcoin just hit $5.   Now they say I can sell.

Fun game for all.....thanks for playing in the biggest scam since NFT's (2022) and the biggest scam before that was 2021.  Don't worry, next year it will be buying property on the moon. Then buying houses in the meta will be selling for 1 million real dollars to live in a SIM community.  lol.  

• Like 1

Just now, dinga said:

I give up (you don't want to understand/acknowledge Purchasing Power)

You are wrong though. Gold has no purchasing power. You have to sell it and get fiat to buy something.

If gold goes up 5.2% a year on average and inflation is 3% on average gain is 2.2%.

Shares go up 10.4% a year on average less 3% is 7.4%.

Shares 7.4% 

Gold 2.2%

Cash would be negative

Shares beat gold 3 to 1.

1 minute ago, Iamfalang said:

I had 10 billion in unrealized profits.  My firm won't let me sell!!!  Says market conditions!!!

Oh, wait, Bitcoin just hit $5.   Now they say I can sell.

Fun game for all.....thanks for playing in the biggest scam since NFT's (2022) and the biggest scam before that was 2021.  Don't worry, next year it will be buying property on the moon. Then buying houses in the meta will be selling for 1 million real dollars to live in a SIM community.  lol.  

Time to buy when people panic

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dinga said:

I give up (you don't want to understand/acknowledge Purchasing Power)

Oh - BTW, studies suggest that a Portfolio holding 20% Gold is the investment sweet spot (NOT 100%)

• Haha 1

And ETH at $1210 today. Quite a correction. It would be wrong to presume this is a good moment to jump into the stock market. I predict it will take a huge beating. If not now, soon. The Dow dropping to 5,500 could happen. But, it would accompany anarchy, economic devastation and real estate dropping by 60%, or more. 

I am buying silver bullion. A very safe long term hedge, I think. Uncertain times ahead. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

And ETH at $1210 today. Quite a correction. It would be wrong to presume this is a good moment to jump into the stock market. I predict it will take a huge beating. If not now, soon. The Dow dropping to 5,500 could happen. But, it would accompany anarchy, economic devastation and real estate dropping by 60%, or more. 

I am buying silver bullion. A very safe long term hedge, I think. Uncertain times ahead. 

Support for dow at 27,000. 

Eth was $4 in 2016. 300x higher for early investors. 

1 hour ago, Sparktrader said:

Bitcoin has crashed 5 times before. I reckon in 12 months time be 50,000.

I guess with such an expert recommendation I should right away invest all my money into Bitcoin. What could possibly go wrong... 

• Haha 2