Surat woman paid 100K for hit on philandering husband - then fled judgment to be massage lady in Bangkok

webfact

image.jpeg

Daily News Thai Caption: She arranged for her philandering husband to die

The Thai police have finally caught up with a 41 year old Thai woman who fled a court judgment in Chaiya district of Surat Thani, southern Thailand, where she arranged for the murder of her husband by a gunman.

Charoensri was found at a traditional Thai massage shop in the Tha Raeng area of Bang Khen, northern Bangkok, where she had been working as a masseuse. 

The arrest was completed at the shop in the Thanorn Market.

She said that she had been with her husband for 11 years when he started having affairs.

Any woman would do for him, she claimed, and he would give them money that she earned. 

When she complained, he beat her up.

She was in fear of her life as he always carried a gun with him. 

So she paid a hitman 100,000 baht to have him shot. 

Then she took his 5 baht gold necklace and his gun and headed to Bangkok where she had hidden for the last 8 years. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-06-15

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

19 minutes ago, BusyB said:

Understandable really. If she'd divorced him he'd have probably killed her by the sounds of things - seems to the usual way round in LOShootings.

Only understandable if you believe anything of what she said. Frankly I would doubt anything about anybody who would pay for the slaying of another human being 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Excel said:

Only understandable if you believe anything of what she said. Frankly I would doubt anything about anybody who would pay for the slaying of another human being 

normally your talk sense,  but sadly this time has eluded you ....   hundreds of Thai's have paid someone to knock another person off ....  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, steven100 said:

normally your talk sense,  but sadly this time has eluded you ....   hundreds of Thai's have paid someone to knock another person off ....  

True and I wouldn't believe anything they said either if it sounded like they were attempting to protect their own a**e

• Like 1

Note I said 'understandable' - and that only if what she says is true. 

Which I think seems likely on the basis of what we know from the article. It's not as if she's cashed in a life insurance on him. On the contrary - she hid as a fugitive wanted for murder and worked 'massage' in Bangkok sois for 8 years. Ponder that she preferred that to living another day with her husband.

I didn't say acceptable though. ????

Even in Thailand there are alternatives, though culture determines that few know of them and few of those who do have enough self esteem to avail themselves of them.

My father was terribly abusive to my mother for years back in the day when there was no support for a woman in that situation. If she had killed him everyone who knew him would have sympathized.

Not saying it's the case here, but most wouldn't know how awful some situations can be.

No excuse for beating a lady. It's well accepted that most Thai men will seek alternative liaisons and relief other than from their wife. Seems that he met more than his match. When I was solo bicycling from Hat Yai to Surat Thani in year 2000, I was warned several times to watch out for those from Surat Thani due to dangers. I married a Thai lady from Nakhon Si Thammarat for 14 years and IMO they are just as dangerous ????