long term parking at airport or near about

murrinman

Long term under cover at Suvarnabhumi is safe and quite reasonably priced for a 2 week trip.

Just don't do what I did.....     Left LOS in February 2020, and couldn't re-enter until October 2020.  Long term parking fee - 62,000 Baht!!  

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

With the quarantine, I discovered a painless way to fly.  Now I book 1 night at https://www.sinsuvarnairportsuite.com/ when I go and 1 night when I come back.  I live in Buriram so it is an easy drive to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi AP and get a free transport to and from the hotel.  Underground parking is free for 3 days and 80 baht a day after that.  So, 2 nights in the hotel make 6 days free.  The hotel is 10 minutes from the AP so even by taxi it is about 100 baht.  Very nice people.  Added bonus is that it is very easy to find your car when you get back.

ABXenNnS56DRtOhlXtSptpNKDQj7AYso4t88YHA4x6oOwjWm_XNHHsSgnohUs5ECYWEX=s80-p

[email protected]

10 May 2022, 17:20

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
 to me
cleardot.gifDear Guest,

Nice to hear from you again.
You can book direct with the hotel, please. 
The price for room charge as below:

1.Deluxe room only +transfer : 900 THB.
2.Deluxe room with breakfast +transfer : 1,200 THB. (for two)

**Free car parking 3 days ( another day : 80 THB./day)

***Please reconfirm again.              

Sincerely yours,

Ms. Charuwan Deelert.
Reservation
Sinsuvarn Airport Suite Hotel.
Suvarnabhumi Bangkok Airport,Thailand.
Tel : +662-181- 2418-19
Fax : +662-181-2433

www.sinsuvarnairportsuite.com

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, notrub said:

With the quarantine, I discovered a painless way to fly.  Now I book 1 night at

This topic is about Chiang Mai, not Bangkok, as was pointed out already.

In general the best idea is to take a taxi, if you happen to live 200kms away from the city that might of course not be an option though.

Here some parking with shuttle service, I just see the sign when driving by, no personal experience: https://g.page/Luckyparking2?share

If the car has 1st class insurance you could just park in some small street nearby, I would say the chance that somebody steals the car is low, and even if something happens you have the insurance...

22 hours ago, murrinman said:

cheers for that info but i asked in the chiang mai section because the question was directed to the chiang mai residents 

The fact that you're in Chiang Mai is well camouflaged under the large headline. Probably why you're getting so many replies regarding Suvarnabhumi.

35 minutes ago, jesimps said:

The fact that you're in Chiang Mai is well camouflaged under the large headline. Probably why you're getting so many replies regarding Suvarnabhumi.

Of course the fact this is the Chiang Mai Forum might give you another hint.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2022 at 3:07 PM, notrub said:

With the quarantine, I discovered a painless way to fly.  Now I book 1 night at https://www.sinsuvarnairportsuite.com/ when I go and 1 night when I come back.  I live in Buriram so it is an easy drive to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi AP and get a free transport to and from the hotel.  Underground parking is free for 3 days and 80 baht a day after that.  So, 2 nights in the hotel make 6 days free.  The hotel is 10 minutes from the AP so even by taxi it is about 100 baht.  Very nice people.  Added bonus is that it is very easy to find your car when you get back.

ABXenNnS56DRtOhlXtSptpNKDQj7AYso4t88YHA4x6oOwjWm_XNHHsSgnohUs5ECYWEX=s80-p

[email protected]

10 May 2022, 17:20

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
 to me
cleardot.gifDear Guest,

Nice to hear from you again.
You can book direct with the hotel, please. 
The price for room charge as below:

1.Deluxe room only +transfer : 900 THB.
2.Deluxe room with breakfast +transfer : 1,200 THB. (for two)

**Free car parking 3 days ( another day : 80 THB./day)

***Please reconfirm again.              

Sincerely yours,

Ms. Charuwan Deelert.
Reservation
Sinsuvarn Airport Suite Hotel.
Suvarnabhumi Bangkok Airport,Thailand.
Tel : +662-181- 2418-19
Fax : +662-181-2433

www.sinsuvarnairportsuite.com

It's a good idea to see if hotels close to any airports in Thailand offer parking if you stay a night or two. 

Some also have a free or minimal charge for an airport shuttle.

I saw right at the end of writing my post that it might be for a different AP than BKK Suvarnabhumi but am happy to pass on information to the forum about a good hotel with low-cost parking anyway.  I lost my car once at Suvarnabhumi as the two parking towers have identical numbering systems for parking spots.  A friend suggested doing a google drop point where you put the car to more easily finding it on your return.

On 6/16/2022 at 8:32 AM, G Rex said:

Long term under cover at Suvarnabhumi is safe and quite reasonably priced for a 2 week trip.

Just don't do what I did.....     Left LOS in February 2020, and couldn't re-enter until October 2020.  Long term parking fee - 62,000 Baht!!  

They didn't make you pay it didn't hey? 

On 6/16/2022 at 2:27 PM, murrinman said:

looking for some long term parking (about 2 weeks)travelling and want to leave my car near the airport any body know of any  

Does it have to be near the airport? find a nice safe spot anywhere in town, from there it's 200B by grab and it will leave you just at the entrance. Most parking spots at the airport require a long walk, which may not be ideal with luggage or in rain.

10 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

They didn't make you pay it didn't hey? 

They certainly did!  We were stuck out of the country because of Covid . When I eventually returned the car had been moved (outside) and had been wheel clamped. The car park ‘guards’ had to help me jump start my very dead (bird dropping covered) car - and the wheel clamp would not be removed until I paid!   Not happy!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, G Rex said:

They certainly did!  We were stuck out of the country because of Covid . When I eventually returned the car had been moved (outside) and had been wheel clamped. The car park ‘guards’ had to help me jump start my very dead (bird dropping covered) car - and the wheel clamp would not be removed until I paid!   Not happy!

Wow. If that was me, I'd have gone to the media. 

You can pay for long-term at the airport, not sure the rates for cars nowadays but I doubt it's crazy much. Motorbikes are free, mine is parked there now too.

Not sure why you would bother if not parking there, as a taxi to the city is only 150B too.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

Just found this, seems rather expensive for cars:

Chiang Mai Airport has a parking space with a capacity of 450 vehicles.

PARKING RATES

The parking rates at Chiang Mai Airport are the following ones:

Rates 4 Wheel Car

- 1 hour: 20 baht
- 1 - 2 hour: 30 baht
- 2- 3 hours: 40 baht
- 4 to 12 hours: 100 baht
- 13 to 14 hour: 200 baht
- Overnight: 250 baht

1 hour ago, Chelseafan said:

Wow. If that was me, I'd have gone to the media. 

After my 15 days of quarantine - all I wanted was to go home! I was severely pithed off - and I did follow up with the Airport- but was told that the onus was on me to move the car or inform them of our situation beforehand. It was like banging my head against a brick wall!  At the time because of the ‘medical emergency’ of Covid , there was little sympathy for a dirty farang like myself!

37 minutes ago, G Rex said:

After my 15 days of quarantine - all I wanted was to go home! I was severely pithed off - and I did follow up with the Airport- but was told that the onus was on me to move the car or inform them of our situation beforehand. It was like banging my head against a brick wall!  At the time because of the ‘medical emergency’ of Covid , there was little sympathy for a dirty farang like myself!

Sorry to hear that. 

• Thanks 1