Opinion: Stop spreading misinformation about marijuana, educate the public

webfact

A little tidbit for you first times smokers, (in the past), with NO experience, are you sure it was ganga you were smoking and not 'angel dust / PCP' ?  It's actually a horse tranquilizer.   And comes in many forms.  From white crystal (almost pure sometimes/deadly) to resembling ganga, to the inexperience eye.  I've smoked the pure kind (99%) from the chemist, and not to messed with by anyone inexperience.  When people bought, most stepped on it 4-10X, and it was still amazingly powerful.  One summer had high numbers of ODs, some fatal.

Huge difference on negative side effects, from paranoia, to hallucinations, to death.   I know a few personally who have ended up in hospital, and have experienced the side effects myself, (aside from death, obviously) and 99% enjoyable,  One of the most deadly drugs out there, and many first timers think they as smoking ganga, when not.

Just a thought for those that freaked out the first & only time they thought they were smoking ganga. 

The taste difference was quite distinguishable to anyone experienced, but wouldn't be noticed by a first & only time smoker.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, TKDfella said:

Although I have never used Cannabis etc I am a tea drinker, usually 3-4 mugs a day (but in situations similar to the song 'right said Fred', maybe more????). Black tea contains four stimulants Caffeine being the main one with smaller amounts of Theophylline, Theobromine and L-Theanine. The reason for mentioning this is that early in last decade because Cannabis use was on the increase some researches decided to compare this to tea/coffee plus marijuana mix. Original research started with Monkey trials (I think) and later with Rats. (for those here technically interested the research comes under neuro-science. For general reading 'Healthline' and similar pages ran articles later last decade, mixing Caffeine and Marijuana.) As far as I know there are no hard results yet except to say that in low concentrations the two seem enhance each other but in higher concentrations (presumably under medical directed quantities) problems could arise. Would be interesting to hear from someone who consumes such a mixture...anyone?

it's hard to beat a joint and a cup of tea

4 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

It is a well known fact that cannabis consume can cause psychosis in people who have a history of mental disease running in their family. This is precisely why the UK have recategorized cannabis from a class 5 to a class 2 drug about 10 or 12 years ago. I'm not sure, though, if it is still class 5 because obviously a lot has happend in terms of legalization since then globally and I haven't followed up on the situation in the UK. I have this information from an article in the Bangkok Post. Don't nail me on th exact year, though. 

Having said that, the percentage of people who actually got a psychosis in comparison to the number of pot smokers was something like 0.000000001%. Nonetheless it happened to the brother of a friend of mine. He started to hear voices a few weeks after he took up up spliffing. It went away a few days after he stopped smoking hash and he's been fine ever since. 

drugs in the uk are classed as A, B, C  not 1,2,3 etc  cannabis is class b  it was once reduced to class c  then it was upgraded to class b again 

22 hours ago, webfact said:

RELATED:

Woman goes to Thai police in north after man attacks her after "smoking ganja and taking tramadol"

image.jpeg

Naew Na Caption: Woman goes to the police to say she was attacked by man who smoked marijuana and took TRAMADOL

Some Thai media is trying its best to scare the public by associating anything with the smoking of marijuana, notes ASEAN NOW.

Full st2ory: https://aseannow.com/topic/1263099-woman-goes-to-thai-police-in-north-after-man-attacks-her-after-smoking-ganja-and-taking-tramadol/

Confluence does not equal causation. Happy people get even happier, arsses become more so. Anecdotal but based on experience, nearer 70 than 17 years worth.????

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Kwaibill said:

Confluence does not equal causation. Happy people get even happier, arsses become more so. Anecdotal but based on experience, nearer 70 than 17 years worth.????

Some stimulants simply bring out your 'good or suppressed bad' side.  If not very happy with one's self, definitely do NOT do any 'thinking' stimulants; LSD especially, and other acronyms drugs, or peyote, shrooms, PCP.  Never do any drug, especially first time, by yourself.  A designated experienced mentor should always be present.

Someone you trust, that can talk you 'down' if having a bad experience.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 2

On 6/17/2022 at 9:08 AM, bkk6060 said:

Sounds like the same argument people make about Covid deaths.

In this case, if he would not have been on weed which causes increased heart rate, he would probably still be alive.

Apparently you did not read the posted article:

"On top of that, there was no trace of THC, the chemical compound in cannabis that makes you high, in his system."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

OK, package arrived and tested.

Nice chillax, will 5 star them and order again.

WhatsApp Image 2022-06-18 at 4.06.59 PM.jpeg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

Anecdotal nonsense at its finest. 
it is well documented that individuals with underlying mental problems should stay away from cannabis as should younger people who’s brains haven’t fully formed. Its also very true that, like alcohol and other drugs, some people just can’t handle it (a whitey isn’t much fun). This doesnt mean the vast majority of people who partake or are thinking of trying it shouldn’t because for the vast majority it relaxes them, helps them sleep better and of course has major health benefits. 

Like alcohol, cannabis isn’t for everyone but unlike alcohol it doesn’t come with the violence and destruction we seem to see every Friday night in our home towns. And I would suggest that was filling up your emergency room much more than any person on cannabis. 

For some it can help, and unfortunate not most who have mental health problems, but worsen their struggles. 

Quite tired of hypes that is nothing more than just hypes and people fall for it over and over, again and again. 

Yes it can be relaxing and funny, but is it really healthy, and does it solve any problems, or just give people a brake or timeout from the problem? 

And yes, I have experienced using it myself, and have friends who have been smoking all their grown up years. Very few have managed to have a normal predictable life, and most still have problems and even more after start using their magic stuff. 

Your choice what to spend time on, and what to do with rest of your life in Thailand. 

If used like a bottle of wine in the weekends, good, but still you change your brain slowly. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Yes it can be relaxing and funny, but is it really healthy, and does it solve any problems, or just give people a brake or timeout from the problem? 

It's the only thing I know that is going to make me sleep without resorting to pharmaceuticals. It's helped me out for sure for most of my adult life.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

It's the only thing I know that is going to make me sleep without resorting to pharmaceuticals. It's helped me out for sure for most of my adult life.

What sorted my brain out was to use nothing else than putting my brain straight by using simple available techniques popular called cognitive sleep therapy, and exercise sleeping patterns. It took me some work, understanding and time, but well spent and haven’t had any problems sleeping for a long time now. Cognitive therapy can be used against other struggles as well. 

It also works for some sorting out what you eat, when you eat, how you think about your problems, different substances disturbs your sleep but for some others it works. As said we are all different, and we solve problems in different ways. 

Im sure for some cannabis is a great substance to have great life, but again, not for everyone, and thats my fear with hypes likes this, it makes more damage than good. And yes, I agree alcohol is a worse devil than cannabis, no doubt about it. 

On 6/18/2022 at 5:02 AM, Bday Prang said:

drugs in the uk are classed as A, B, C  not 1,2,3 etc  cannabis is class b  it was once reduced to class c  then it was upgraded to class b again 

Thanks for clearing that up. It's been awhile since I've read that article. 

On 6/17/2022 at 3:22 PM, SunnyinBangrak said:

With no underlying health issues whatsoever? Without mixing with tobacco? Without any other drugs present in the system? You claim pot killed someone, the onus is on you to clearly prove that - or likely, on closer inspection it turns out same as the bkk overdose yesterday ie fiction.

You have it the wrong way round.  With weed like any other drug or food product which is going to be available to the public the onus should be on those producing and selling the product to clearly prove it is safe and to highlight any risks (particular groups of people or ways of using etc) and take steps to mitigate those risks.  The Opiod Crisis is a pretty good example of what can happen otherwise.  In the case of weed historical statistics are going to be hard to use to get a fair picture of safety or otherwise as if it did cause a traffic accident or industrial injury people may not always admit that a then illegal drug was involved.