Motorbike 'commute' Bangkok to Hua Hin?

marvw

On 6/20/2022 at 11:26 AM, Aussieroaming said:

My last bike was a 650cc BMW and I absolutely love riding but I cannot imagine riding that 650cc through prime traffic here.

That's why it's a good idea to have a small bike in Bangkok.

Even a 150cc has enough power to ride in the city. And it's mostly easy to ride between the cars.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2022 at 7:29 PM, digbeth said:

Does it have to be Huahin? any beach town on the other side of the bay from Bang Saen to Sattahip is reachable to Bangkok within 2 hours on a bike even if you can't go on the motorway, the Bangna road's bad but not as bad as Rama 2

Yes ..... I do a regular weekly 'commute' from a house in Bangsaen to a condo in Bangkok.  It's certainly do-able, but it's not enjoyable.  

I use a Versys X300 - light, agile, super-light clutch and quick enough, and after trying several different routes I now just stick to the Bangna-Trad highway.

It's only a 1.5 hour trip, but I still make a brief stop half way at Coffee 123 (the coffee shop with the Fairchild C123 aircraft), just to cool down and rehydrate.

Heat is the main issue, and after you pass Suvarnabhumi Market Village you're in heavy traffic for the rest of the journey into the city centre.

As a life-long biker, it pains me to say it, but a car would be a much better tool for the job.

• Like 1

it is perfectly do-able. learn to ride to suit local traffic and it won't be a problem.

personally i have made soi 42 Sukhumvit to outside Khun Lom's bar on the esplanade at Muang Prachuap Khiri Khan in 2 and 1/2 hours.

if i can do it anybody can.

Moose

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, moose7117 said:

i have made soi 42 Sukhumvit to outside Khun Lom's bar on the esplanade at Muang Prachuap Khiri Khan in 2 and 1/2 hours.

if i can do it anybody can.

Moose

????????????????