Thailand named as one of leading countries in world for e-Payment

webfact

3 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I noticed at Siam shopping centre I bought a fancy ice cream for the girlfriend and I and the lady had to open up plastic bags under the counter to get my change. Think everyone else uses those code things. Not that common in Australia as far as I can tell. 

I was back in Australia until just recently, in the Northern Beaches area just Nth of Sydney. I paid for everything with my touch debit card. I was living in a very large war veterans village, 99% of the residents over 65 yo, many in their 90s. In the village coffee shop/family restaurant they accept cash but 99% of the residents using their debit cards. Also using debit cards for taxis and more.

A side point, in this area most of the banks have removed their ATM machines because of very few transactions to get cash. And some banks have closed branches.

• Like 2

Just now, scorecard said:

<deleted>. Actually it's very simple. Can also by done by touch debit card / credit card. (Customer touches the card on the card reading machine for a brief moment (touch, no need to insert the card into the card machine (the same machines that mercants put your credit card into).  

24 minutes ago, Excel said:

So in a gogo bar then instead of slipping a nice 100 baht note down the front of the ladies g-string ( assuming she was wearing any) you instead slip in your debit card presumably hoping to locate the card reader somewhere, have I got that right ?

Use a tap and go card...

38 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

When U transfer money from your account to hers using both your phones bank apps.

Works a treat. No need to carry dirty wads of loseable cash.

Ah thanks you, always wondered why she kept borrowing my phone 

2 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

then punch in the unlock pin 5 times.

then search through the phone several times to find the QR reader.

then try several times to get it to scan the QR code

then stand there like a stunned mullet forgetting to press the confirm button.... usually prompted by to the cashier to do so after 30 seconds.

I had a Chinese in front of me:

He tried to pay through his chinese app. Ali or whatever.
Never worked.
Cash or card, he didn't have.

• Haha 2

Real time payments should not have to rely on getting a phone to read a QR Code.  Thai Banks should issue debit cards that are touch and go.  My bank looked at me blankly the last time I renewed it and asked for such a card.  Mind you, this is the same bank that takes 4 or 5 days to get me a 12 month statement for immigration purposes as they have to get it from Bangkok!  I won't hold my breath for more advanced technology ????

4 minutes ago, grandpa said:

Real time payments should not have to rely on getting a phone to read a QR Code.  Thai Banks should issue debit cards that are touch and go.  My bank looked at me blankly the last time I renewed it and asked for such a card.  Mind you, this is the same bank that takes 4 or 5 days to get me a 12 month statement for immigration purposes as they have to get it from Bangkok!  I won't hold my breath for more advanced technology ????

touch and go are brilliant, use that back home.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, grandpa said:

" Thai Banks should issue debit cards that are touch and go. "

Agree, so easy, so simple, so fast, great for both customers and merchants. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

I was back in Australia until just recently, in the Northern Beaches area just Nth of Sydney. I paid for everything with my touch debit card. I was living in a very large war veterans village, 99% of the residents over 65 yo, many in their 90s. In the village coffee shop/family restaurant they accept cash but 99% of the residents using their debit cards. Also using debit cards for taxis and more.

A side point, in this area most of the banks have removed their ATM machines because of very few transactions to get cash. And some banks have closed branches.

Good point. I actually deleted the post when I thought that, though I don’t use the phone with the code things, I do use my card constantly which I guess is the same type of thing.