Are you going to die within the next 7 years?

gargamon

Just now, RichardColeman said:

Had my fair share of women in my life, but never one brave enough to use a bottle of bleach down there.

Goodness, that even brought tears to my eyes thinking about it.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

A link for that? I'm wondering how many people they have killed with that kind of BS.

Hyperinsulinemia is far more likely to occur with high carb diets. I suggest you check Dr. Ken Berry on YouTube.

IMO you are laying the foundations for longer term liver harm with +5 bananas a day, Fructose does not metabolize in the body like glucose, and it does not show up in fasting blood sugar and HbA1C testing.

Lots of videos, I've posted before which you ignored. High carb low fat, problem is many people like eating the fat, like yourself.

https://youtu.be/YxjHlbum394

Thus is one from his channel promoting diet vs medication

https://youtu.be/ZzCU9V27UkI

1 hour ago, jack71 said:

whats wrong with carb/ green banana

Not buying green bananas refers to the fact I might pop my clogs tomorrow, so no point in buying something I may not get to eat. It was a joke, Joyce.

Nothing wrong with carbs for people with normal fasting blood sugar and HbA1C levels. For diabetics, they can be lethal. I am pre-diabetic, and would prefer to avoid the next step.

19 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Lots of videos, I've posted before which you ignored. High carb low fat, problem is many people like eating the fat, like yourself.

https://youtu.be/YxjHlbum394

Thus is one from his channel promoting diet vs medication

https://youtu.be/ZzCU9V27UkI

You are incorrect, I  consume very little straight fat or oil. Cheese and yoghurt, yes.

I am treading my own path on diet, it is reduced carb rather than keto. As it has resulted in me going from 92 kg to 84 kg in a couple of months, IMO it's working.

I fail to see how an absence of dairy products prevents osteoporosis, just as I am wondering how many diabetics have been adversely affected by Dr. McDougall's advice on high carbs.

I am in full agreement with his stance on alcohol and processed foods, and substituting diet AND exercise for medications..

I'll be getting my BSL and HbA1C tested next month to see if there is any progress there.

49 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You are incorrect, I  consume very little straight fat or oil. Cheese and yoghurt, yes.

I am treading my own path on diet, it is reduced carb rather than keto. As it has resulted in me going from 92 kg to 84 kg in a couple of months, IMO it's working.

I fail to see how an absence of dairy products prevents osteoporosis, just as I am wondering how many diabetics have been adversely affected by Dr. McDougall's advice on high carbs.

I am in full agreement with his stance on alcohol and processed foods, and substituting diet AND exercise for medications..

I'll be getting my BSL and HbA1C tested next month to see if there is any progress there.

It's not just straight fat and oil, its fat in food, cheese is a prime example, about 33%+ fat. Losing the weight is good but see if you can maintain it, many people yoyo on these low carb diets

18 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

It's not just straight fat and oil, its fat in food, cheese is a prime example, about 33%+ fat. Losing the weight is good but see if you can maintain it, many people yoyo on these low carb diets

I haven't got up past 85 kg since I reached 84. Having said that, I am quite disciplined in what I do.

The best advice I got on weight loss was from a doctor who said push yourself away from the table before you feel full.

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

A link for that? I'm wondering how many people they have killed with that kind of BS.

Hyperinsulinemia is far more likely to occur with high carb diets. I suggest you check Dr. Ken Berry on YouTube.

IMO you are laying the foundations for longer term liver harm with +5 bananas a day, Fructose does not metabolize in the body like glucose, and it does not show up in fasting blood sugar and HbA1C testing.

It varies from person to person, depending on one's genes. Some people can consume massive amounts of carbs with no problem whatsoever, while others spike their glucose with one slice of pizza. The same is true of salt. Some people can use it almost by the teaspoon, while those prone to HBP have to severely limit it.

As more research is done, lots of previous beliefs are being challenged. Healthcare turns out to be quite particular to the individual, with fewer and fewer absolutes as more research is done.

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

It varies from person to person, depending on one's genes. Some people can consume massive amounts of carbs with no problem whatsoever, while others spike their glucose with one slice of pizza. The same is true of salt. Some people can use it almost by the teaspoon, while those prone to HBP have to severely limit it.

As more research is done, lots of previous beliefs are being challenged. Healthcare turns out to be quite particular to the individual, with fewer and fewer absolutes as more research is done.

IMO that could be the problem with many medical practitioners, it's a one size fits all mentality, particularly in Thailand.

I was prescribed doxycycline as an anti-malarial. It took two recurrences of bladder cancer for me to realize it was caused by the doxycycline suppressing my immune system. I haven't had a recurrence since I stopped taking it 5 years ago. When I mentioned it to the urologist treating me, he was dismissive.

10 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I think your right it's just comes with practice or finding the right stance.

tried it last night - 6-7 seconds... tried it again tonight - 13 left 20 right... I doubt my longevity increased w/one day of practice... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

tried it last night - 6-7 seconds... tried it again tonight - 13 left 20 right... I doubt my longevity increased w/one day of practice... 

It's BS if your bothered just get check ups every 4 months at your local gov hospital you can register at your local hospital as I did years ago.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

It's BS if your bothered just get check ups every 4 months at your local gov hospital you can register at your local hospital as I did years ago.

not bothered.. not much for doctors and hospitals - - - or aging or longevity... 

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Choose carefully 

Nope, sorry. If ANYTHING you see on youtube is correct it will be on a reputable source. If it isn't on a reputable source it isn't correct.

A lot of the posters on YT are self apointed experts, likely uneducated and unpublished. It's entertainment, not medical(or political or whatever) facts.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, gargamon said:

Nope, sorry. If ANYTHING you see on youtube is correct it will be on a reputable source. If it isn't on a reputable source it isn't correct.

A lot of the posters on YT are self apointed experts, likely uneducated and unpublished. It's entertainment, not medical(or political or whatever) facts.

Much the same as many on here too.

2 hours ago, gargamon said:

like i said choose carefully, the good ones do have sources and studies to back up their claims, other snake oil salesman just want to sell supplements etc

On 6/22/2022 at 12:16 PM, Denim said:

Which reminds me.

What do you call a woman with one leg ?

Ilean.

I'll get my coat ????

Reminds me of my friend with no arms or legs who loved to swim. We called him Bob.

• Haha 1

Probably, I'm close to 70, drink too much beer, red wine & gin, very little exercise, I also love all the wrong foods, however I love the life I've had here & the life I had prior to moving here so have no regrets, I've done a lot in my life to be proud of, if you're interested just ask, or then again, don't ???? 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Probably, I'm close to 70, drink too much beer, red wine & gin, very little exercise, I also love all the wrong foods, however I love the life I've had here & the life I had prior to moving here so have no regrets, I've done a lot in my life to be proud of, if you're interested just ask, or then again, don't ???? 

Have you tried on one leg with your eyes closed?