Jump to content

What to study to get my 5 year teaching license from Krusapa


Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

 

I'm aware there are other posts about this topic on this forum. I've literally spent days reading through everything on here prior to posting my own thread. Unfortunately, despite my efforts I've still not found any facts. After living in Thailand for eight years however, I know how quickly things change and how hard getting a straight answer can be. I'm hoping someone out there might be able to shine a light in this very confusing sea of misinformation. 

 

I'm simply trying to put together different options that will lead to me being able to obtain a professional teachers license from Krusapa.

 

So far this is what I've found:

 

1. St Theresa International College

2. Saint Roberts Group

3. PGCEi University of Nottingham

4. PGCEi University of Derby

 

Has anyone done any of the above and successfully been able to obtain there 5 year teaching license? I just want to make sure before I pay for anything, that it will obviously lead to me getting my license. Any other courses that anyone can suggest are welcomed, thanks for your time.

 

Also, by taking 1 or 2  would Krusapa be likely to issue me a provisional waiver whilst I'm studying. (I have had 3 waivers already, taught for 4 years in total)

 

From what I've read 1 & 2 don't require me to take the Krusapa exam and are fairly inexpensive.

 

But 3 & 4 I will still need to take the exam which I've read is a s*** show so I'm kind of reluctant to pursue this route.

 

Thanks to anyone with any knowledge for your help and time, it's very much appreciated.

 

Adam

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Adam85 said:

From what I've read 1 & 2 don't require me to take the Krusapa exam and are fairly inexpensive.

I’ve just applied for St Roberts, they’ve given me a heads up that I’ll still need to take an exam

 

They provided me with a letter I can use to try and get 1 last waiver, still waiting to see if it works or not

 

I know what you mean about the lack of information, I’m in the same boat so just applied for the cheapest course

Link to post
Share on other sites

No matter what you study, you will need to take the test if you graduate after 2019. If you only care about the license, choose the fastest and easiest. I know people who have done all of them, there is also an English language M.Ed program at ABAC.

 

There is also a B.Ed course at RMUTR if you didn't have an undergraduate degree.

 

https://tesoldegreethailand.com/

 

If you want to avoid the test, I suggest finding a program that licenses you in your home country.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/22/2022 at 10:19 AM, cyril sneer said:

I’ve just applied for St Roberts, they’ve given me a heads up that I’ll still need to take an exam

 

They provided me with a letter I can use to try and get 1 last waiver, still waiting to see if it works or not

 

I know what you mean about the lack of information, I’m in the same boat so just applied for the cheapest course

Cheers for your reply.

 

The letter St Roberts provided you, did you have to pay the enrollment fee? I think it's 5000 baht. I'm worried if I pay that then Krusapa reject me, St Roberts wont give me a refund.

 

Please let me know if it works or not, looks like were in the same boat. Best of luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I finished the St. Roberts course this year. Still waiting for the follow-up steps though, probably an exam at a yet unknown date and location.

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, MarcelV said:

I finished the St. Roberts course this year. Still waiting for the follow-up steps though, probably an exam at a yet unknown date and location.

Hi Marcel,

 

Thanks for your reply.

 

How was the ST Roberts course?

 

How long did it take to finish?

 

Cheers for your time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Adam85 said:

Hi Marcel,

 

Thanks for your reply.

 

How was the ST Roberts course?

 

How long did it take to finish?

 

Cheers for your time.

It was pretty easy, with some modules being assessed by multiple choice assignments only, but most by writing some papers, mostly in reflection form. Quite light on the scientific stuff.

Still worthwhile in learning some stuff about rubrics, assessing and the development of children and adolescents.

 

The whole course took less than 10 months.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

 

I'm actually thinking of taking a course at

St. Roberts for a Thai teaching license,

too, because I've used up my

teaching waivers from TCT

(Teachers' Council Of Thailand).

 

I did ask them if TCT would issue another

waiver to me if I take the course, and they

answered me that I should ask my

new school to contact TCT about it.

So I do want to know if it will work

or not. I do hope so!

Edited by Saigon
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2022 at 11:44 AM, Saigon said:

Hello,

 

I'm actually thinking of taking a course at

St. Roberts for a Thai teaching license,

too, because I've used up my

teaching waivers from TCT

(Teachers' Council Of Thailand).

 

I did ask them if TCT would issue another

waiver to me if I take the course, and they

answered me that I should ask my

new school to contact TCT about it.

So I do want to know if it will work

or not. I do hope so!

Did you find out if taking the St Roberts course will be accepted by the TCT/Krusapa?

 

According to this document (I've highlighted the key part) they wont.

Thai Teachers License Requirements.pdf

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/22/2022 at 2:11 PM, DrSlippy said:

No matter what you study, you will need to take the test if you graduate after 2019. If you only care about the license, choose the fastest and easiest. I know people who have done all of them, there is also an English language M.Ed program at ABAC.

 

There is also a B.Ed course at RMUTR if you didn't have an undergraduate degree.

 

https://tesoldegreethailand.com/

 

If you want to avoid the test, I suggest finding a program that licenses you in your home country.

Only a choice if you live in Bangkok and can attend all sessions.

On the B.Ed website it says:  ..........This degree program is almost entirely weekend courses. 

Program: 4 years, possible to finish in 3.5 years.  

Each course is 5 consecutive weekend days. Course hours are from 9 a.m. until 3-4 p.m. You must attend each day of the course. If you miss one day you lose a letter grade. If you miss two days you will fail that course............

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...