24 hour reporting upon return from abroad ( vacation)

I am on a Non O, Retirement visa, and just returned from the UK after a 3 weeks vacation.

I did have a really-entry permit.

Is it still normal practice to report in with the T30 form? Within 24 hours? Thanks 

I believe you don't need to do a TM30 again if returning on same visa and same address.

Either way they actually allow up to 72 hours without a fine. I always arrive on Friday and do TM30 on Monday, no problem

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Haven't done that in years except when hotels did it themselves, agent handles the yearly extensions so if it came up it only is like 1400 baht fine anyway, a lot cheaper than having to do that 10 times a year.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Does not apply to the OP.

He is entering with a reentry permit and current extension.

TM30 not required 

So you cut out my quote that said it didn't apply to the OP and then post this part to say it doesn't apply to the OP lol

OP headline says 24 hours to report TM30, it's not as they allow 72 hours without a fine, so part you quoted still relevant despite your views

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A TM30 report is no longer required after entering the country with a re-entry permit. The regulation was changed in June of 2020.

True and I printed out the changes, kindly supplied via here and showed it in Thai to officers at Samut Prakan immigration who said 'that does not count still need TM30'

At least did not get fined, but they will not process an extension or even a 90 day report without seeing your last TM30. Where it is years old of course they will have had many bits of paper since with the same address on. Strange. I was there two weeks ago to do an extension, luckily did have an old TM30 print out with me. Showed them the app with my address on it- no good have to see paper!

Edited by proton
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, proton said:

I have no problem following the rules, but I expect them to do the same!

You underline the point that with most threads the OP should state the immigration office that they deal with. 

There are always offices/officers that play games. 

35 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

I believe you don't need to do a TM30 again if returning on same visa and same address.

Either way they actually allow up to 72 hours without a fine. I always arrive on Friday and do TM30 on Monday, no problem

The allowance in your case is only because it falls over a weekend.

If you arrived on a Monday you'd have to register by Wednesday latest.

6 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

The allowance in your case is only because it falls over a weekend.

If you arrived on a Monday you'd have to register by Wednesday latest.

Multiple IO's at Jomtien have told me no fine if TM30 done within 72 hours, but that's why I arrive on a Friday just to make sure

Edited by aussiexpat

Just now, ubonjoe said:

I am aware a few rogue offices are not following the new rules.

It's a ball ache if you want to spend a couple of days somewhere before heading to your primary home in Thailand.

I ( the wife ) normally just pay a fine if late home.

On a marriage extension it's frustrating because with TM30 you can't get a re-entry permit.

Now that Non O's are available in Savanakhet again i will go back to this method to avoid dealing with the immigration office.

• Confused 2

9 minutes ago, proton said:

How do they get away with ignoring their own rules amended by their superiors, is there no oversight and checks on these offices?

Not sure about oversight of offices.

It might help if somebody called the 1178 helpline about it.

43 minutes ago, proton said:

True and I printed out the changes, kindly supplied via here and showed it in Thai to officers at Samut Prakan immigration who said 'that does not count still need TM30'

At least did not get fined, but they will not process an extension or even a 90 day report without seeing your last TM30. Where it is years old of course they will have had many bits of paper since with the same address on. Strange. I was there two weeks ago to do an extension, luckily did have an old TM30 print out with me. Showed them the app with my address on it- no good have to see paper!

The updated rules say that a new TM30 isn't required (if coming back to the same place, unless the person has a new visa), it doesn't say that they may not ask to see the old TM30.

Sounds like in your case it was according to the new rules.

Edited by FriendlyFarang

22 minutes ago, FriendlyFarang said:

The changes said that a new TM30 isn't required, it didn't say that they may not ask to see the old TM30.

Sounds like in your case it was according to the new rules.

Ah, I just learned not to throw out that pink receipt they give you, as there's no other proof ???? 

I don't get it, I entered on visa exempt 30 days so wrote on the TM30 that my stay in Thailand was 30 days, then did 30 days visa exemption extension, then did 60 days covid extension, never did new TM30...proof TM30 is a waste of time as I just kept showing the first one showing 30 days and stayed 4 months

Edited by aussiexpat

30 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

that's how Thailand works man. it's what makes the place so special. the price you pay for not having to live in the nanny state. love it or...

Correct, you can throw the toys out the pram, call the hotlines, the end result is you've got to play the game or it just gets worse.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A TM30 report is no longer required after entering the country with a re-entry permit. The regulation was changed in June of 2020.

Where is the official statement regarding this?

I just entered on a re-entry permit with same address a few weeks back and went to update my TM30 at immigration Chiang Mai.

The staff there didn't mention anything about not needing to update my TM30.

31 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can download the regulation in this pinned topic in English or Thai at numbers 30 and 31.

https://aseannow.com/topic/981135-laws-regulations-police-orders-etc/

Chiang Mai immigration has been reported as not complying with the new regulation. 

What about updating the new number on the white card, is this unnecessary as well?

If Chiang Mai immigration does not comply with the new regulation, do we get a fine if we do not report?

3 hours ago, PJ71 said:

It is in some provinces.

Agreed!  It is required in Chiang Mai!  First hand knowledge here.  

In Chiang Mai go to the Immigration office near the airport, to the small building behind the drive-up “90 day report” window, walk in and tell them you want to update your TM-30.  It takes about three minutes.  Have your old Tm30 slip with your passport.

Edited by Tracyb

6 minutes ago, EricTh said:

What about updating the new number on the white card, is this unnecessary as well?

Not sure what you mean by the white card. That might a Chiang Mai thing unless you mean the receipt for a TM30 report.

It not normal for the receipt to be updated. Most offices will want a new report if required. 

7 minutes ago, EricTh said:

If Chiang Mai immigration does not comply with the new regulation, do we get a fine if we do not report?

I don't recall any reports of people being fined.

11 minutes ago, EricTh said:

do we get a fine if we do not report?

Only if you need to do something at immigration such as Residence cert / re-entry permit or something.

If you don't need to report there for any reason they're none the wiser.