24 hour reporting upon return from abroad ( vacation)

Does anyone deal with Pathum Thani immigration office? Because of an office move, our HR is now using them for our extensions. I have a screenshot of an online TM30 (Bangkok) but HR claims this is not accepted at the Pathum Thani office. They want me to get a receipt from an in-person TM30 report, which will mean a time-consuming trip to CW. Does anyone have experience with this office and can confirm that this really is the case? 

Edited by KhaoNiaw

I always do the TM30 report with Khun wife as soon as I get back t home in Phayao, I have always entered on re-entry permit with Non O retirement.  Phayao immigration have never suggested that TM 30 is no longer needed.  I would not trust Immigration not to try to fine me for late report if not done.

" Not sure about oversight of offices.

It might help if somebody called the 1178 helpline about it."

I have never tried this, but thought about it when 2-3 yrs back Phayao Imm. charged me 2000B for doing an on time TM30, but decided against it as most likely the details of complaining person would be given to I/O, and make or problems when next trying to extend visa.

IMHO we are all at the mercy of our local I/O and best to ignore their corruption to avoid any further problems.  it is Thailand!

28 minutes ago, Tracyb said:

Agreed!  It is required in Chiang Mai!  First hand knowledge here.  

In Chiang Mai go to the Immigration office near the airport, to the small building behind the drive-up “90 day report” window, walk in and tell them you want to update your TM-30.  It takes about three minutes.  Have your old Tm30 slip with your passport.

It doesn't take 3 minutes!

The last time (a few weeks back) I had to wait almost half an hour because one girl (probably agent) had tons of passports to update, another farang woman with a family of four had to wait almost 10 minutes just to update the 4 passports which is ridiculous.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure what you mean by the white card. That might a Chiang Mai thing unless you mean the receipt for a TM30 report.

When we reenter Thailand, we get a new white arrival card with a new number, don't we?

I thought a TM30 update just mean updating their system with the new white card number and the date of arrival, correct me if I am wrong (if the address and visa is the same)

Whenever we do a 90 day report, we use the new arrival card number.

Edited by EricTh

5 minutes ago, EricTh said:

It doesn't take 3 minutes!

The last time (a few weeks back) I had to wait almost half an hour because one girl (probably agent) had tons of passports to update, another farang woman with a family of four had to wait almost 10 minutes just to update the 4 passports which is ridiculous.

That was my experience.  Clearly, others’ may vary.  

Waiting ten minutes to update four passports works out to about 2 and a half minutes each.

Edited by Tracyb
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

Where is the official statement regarding this?

I just entered on a re-entry permit with same address a few weeks back and went to update my TM30 at immigration Chiang Mai.

The staff there didn't mention anything about not needing to update my TM30.

Why did you go? It's not required.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You can download the regulation in this pinned topic in English or Thai at numbers 30 and 31.

https://aseannow.com/topic/981135-laws-regulations-police-orders-etc/

Chiang Mai immigration has been reported as not complying with the new regulation. 

I'm using my old TM30 which I did a while ago (in the meantime I've also done extensions and 90 day reports in other provinces) in Chiang Mai to do anything at Chiang Mai immigration (so far: Extension, certificate of residence, 90 day report), no problems, so to me it seems they comply with the regulation, they didn't ask me to do a new TM30.

17 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Does anyone deal with Pathum Thani immigration office? Because of an office move, our HR is now using them for our extensions. I have a screenshot of an online TM30 (Bangkok) but HR claims this is not accepted at the Pathum Thani office. They want me to get a receipt from an in-person TM30 report, which will mean a time-consuming trip to CW. Does anyone have experience with this office and can confirm that this really is the case? 

You live in Bangkok or Pathum Thani?

If you live in Bangkok you do your TM30 and your extension in Bangkok.

If you live in Pathum Thani you do both in Pathum Thani.

2 minutes ago, FriendlyFarang said:

You live in Bangkok or Pathum Thani?

If you live in Bangkok you do your TM30 and your extension in Bangkok.

If you live in Pathum Thani you do both in Pathum Thani.

No. I live in Bangkok and now work in Pathum Thani. The extension based on work is now being done at Pathum Thani.
All I really need to know is if it's correct that Pathum Thani will not accept a screenshot of an online TM30.

Edited by KhaoNiaw

7 minutes ago, EricTh said:

When we reenter Thailand, we get a new white arrival card with a new number, don't we?

I thought a TM30 update just mean updating their system with the new white card number and the date of arrival, correct me if I am wrong (if the address and visa is the same)

Whenever we do a 90 day report, we use the new arrival card number.

There is no requirement to update the number on the TM6 card. That is entered in the system when your enter the country. A TM30 report has nothing to do with your new TM6 number. A TM30 is done to report your arrival at your residence but it is only needed if you change addresses or enter with a new visa.

If you do the 90 day report there is a space on the TM47 report for the TM6 number The new online report system does not require or have a space for your TM6 to be entered.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A TM30 report is no longer required after entering the country with a re-entry permit.

Is that entirely true? I thought a TM30 was still required if the person re-entering country maybe moving into a new permanent address? The o/p doesn't specify where they are staying in relation to where they stayed before?

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Chiang Mai immigration has been reported as not complying with the new regulation. 

In my case, I forgot. After the 15 day BK ASQ hotel solitary confinement, it happens. I had a re entry permit and a current visa. When I realized the error my life had fallen into, I went to Chiang Mai IM. They did not fine me for being late. However they did NOT say it wasn't needed. They wrote up a new form, inputted info and stapled a new TM 30 slip to my passport.

They have nothing better to do, it gives their existence, meaning. 

I've been setup on the immigration TM30 hotel/head of household website for a few years now. Takes about 5 minutes to file it, print a copy and keep with passport. Always do a new TM30 update at some point before having to renew extension of stay just in case they get difficult and want to impose a fine. This after always entering on a reentry permit to my same address (condo). Unless you have to have interaction with immigration to extend stay or do 90 day report or something else then I wouldn't bother with TM30. 

1 hour ago, Dcheech said:

In my case, I forgot. After the 15 day BK ASQ hotel solitary confinement, it happens. I had a re entry permit and a current visa. When I realized the error my life had fallen into, I went to Chiang Mai IM. They did not fine me for being late. However they did NOT say it wasn't needed. They wrote up a new form, inputted info and stapled a new TM 30 slip to my passport.

They have nothing better to do, it gives their existence, meaning. 

I got the same treatment, they should really explain to people not to come in the future if there is no change of address if we reenter the country.

Alas, it wasn't informed to us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FriendlyFarang said:

Which immigration offices fines people who don't "renew" their TM30 according to the updated rules?

Phetchabun i know for sure from personal experience.

I'm sure there are others.

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Does not apply to the OP.

He is entering with a reentry permit and current extension.

TM30 not required 

funny, you usually ask the question "which immighration office", and you always point out that different IO have different interpretations.

Well, once again I have to correct you: Chiang Mai wants it. I did it a few days ago.

ps: this may come as a surprise to you, but CM is in Thailand.

1 hour ago, arithai12 said:

Well, once again I have to correct you: Chiang Mai wants it. I did it a few days ago.

Just because you did it doesn't mean they want it.

I don't do it, don't get fined, got a certificate of residence, did an extension and 90 day report (at CM immigration), all with my old TM30 receipt.

1 hour ago, PJ71 said:

Phetchabun i know for sure from personal experience.

I'm sure there are others.

You didn't do a new TM30, upon attending immigration you presented your old TM30 receipt instead, and then got fined while being told that you had to do a new one?

Edited by FriendlyFarang
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, proton said:

When the rules were changed to 2 months money in the bank from 3 I thought no way I am trusting them on that. There was a report on here from a poster who said he went to do his extension after being here years and had the money in for the changed 2 month period. They would not have it and insisted it was still 3, no extension and he had to leave the country.

I have no problem following the rules, but I expect them to do the same!

Unfortunately if you expect them to follow the rules you are going to be disappointed and not only limited to Immigration.

DLT Head Office in Chiang Mai accept Pink ID card for licence renewal local office doesn’t 

Same with other local government departments, try applying for pink ID card that can be fun depending on where you live.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2022 at 12:22 PM, ubonjoe said:

I am aware a few rogue offices are not following the new rules.

Hi Joe I live in Chiang Mai Province and returned from overseas yesterday.

My wife and I called in at our local Immigration Office this morning and they advised that the  notification is still required.

I suspect they are just following orders as  they printed out the form and stapled it in my passport.

Interestingly my normal 90 day reporting would be due next week so they issued the form for that as well giving a new date in late September.

Even although neither was required it only took a couple of minutes and we drive passed the office daily.