Which route did he take?

georgegeorgia

On 6/24/2022 at 4:13 PM, PJ71 said:

I've been on a bus in Thailand once, from Phuket to Chumphon ( do you know where that is? ), this was more than 20 years ago and i've not been on a bus since.

I drive myself where i need to go and the wife will pick me up from the airport.

I've been on heaps of buses in Thailand. recently took the crappy bus from Ekkamai to Patts and back to get my prepaid Moderna jab. got stuck up the back coming back and it was a bit hot but I survived. and yes, they have seatbelts in buses now. 

they're a good way to save money if you're on a tight budget or you blew more than you expected to last night at the club. I personally think that the drivers of the big blue and white rigs are decent drivers, if they were so bad we'd be hearing reports of crashes every day. it's those brightly-coloured domestic tour buses that worry me.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

hey're a good way to save money if you're on a tight budget or you blew more than you expected to last night at the club. I personally think that the drivers of the big blue and white rigs are decent drivers, if they were so bad we'd be hearing reports of crashes every day. it's those brightly-coloured domestic tour buses that worry me.

They are fine, there is a beeper goes off when they get above a particular speed, keeps them from getting crazy like the minibus guys. I can get to Reung Ruen easy and get dropped off at Rhompo on the way back and the Mrs will be there in the truck....they were even telling folks off who were yelling into their phones on a trip I did! Perfectly good service and cheap as chips. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Tell us, what is the difference in price? I am more used to  a similar vehicle being included in my flight ticket!

mate that AOT Beemer ain't cheap, last time I looked it was about B6k from Swampy to Patts. probably double if you wanted a pick up from Sin City. 

I wanted to take it when I arrived here last December after a seven year absence, all flush with money and raring to go. but horrible old Holiday Inn wouldn't let me upgrade and sent me some cheap Camry "limo" instead. the nerve of them! ????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

They are fine, there is a beeper goes off when they get above a particular speed, keeps them from getting crazy like the minibus guys. I can get to Reung Ruen easy and get dropped off at Rhompo on the way back and the Mrs will be there in the truck....they were even telling folks off who were yelling into their phones on a trip I did! Perfectly good service and cheap as chips. 

not as good as the old days when they gave you a packet of wafers and a bottle of water. I think I even remember one trip where they had a trolley dolly serving soft drinks like on an aeroplane. 

for Thailand's sake I hope we see those days again soon.

On 6/24/2022 at 8:10 PM, CygnusX1 said:

Around 3 years ago I paid a million baht for an Elite visa. Was met just off the plane by a stunningly attractive lady, who drove me to immigration in a golden cart, honking at commoners to get out of our way. I then made my way to the far end of the terminal, where I purchased my usual bus ticket to Jomtien, and waited with the commoners for the best part of an hour for the next available bus.

yeah, it's quite nice the cart and skipping regular immigration, you can even get driven out i think up to 50km with a fancy VIP car (BMW or such, can't remember) and I used them to bring me to the Mochit Bus Terminal where i got a 160 baht bus after

haven't used that in like 4 years tho

18 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

mate that AOT Beemer ain't cheap, last time I looked it was about B6k from Swampy to Patts. probably double if you wanted a pick up from Sin City. 

Just seems an extravagance..... be okay for 3-4k. Does the driver nag for a tip too?

21 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

not as good as the old days when they gave you a packet of wafers and a bottle of water. I think I even remember one trip where they had a trolley dolly serving soft drinks like on an aeroplane. 

I caught Phetsapert bus a few years ago and had the hostess seving. Was great.

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Just seems an extravagance..... be okay for 3-4k. Does the driver nag for a tip too?

it's one hell of an extravagance but you only live once. and still cheaper than a Sydney taxi for that distance  dunno about tipping because I haven't used the service yet thanks to bloody Cowit Sip Gow. next time mate, next time ????

On 6/27/2022 at 11:40 AM, Lemsta69 said:

Poor girl, imagine going to work facing a bus load of Jimmy Saville's, Gary Glitter's and Harvey Weinstein's every day.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, kinyara said:

Poor girl, imagine going to work facing a bus load of Jimmy Saville's, Gary Glitter's and Harvey Weinstein's every day.

but when hansum men like you and me get on the bus then her day suddenly gets brighter ????

• Like 2

23 hours ago, kekalot said:

yeah, it's quite nice the cart and skipping regular immigration, you can even get driven out i think up to 50km with a fancy VIP car (BMW or such, can't remember) and I used them to bring me to the Mochit Bus Terminal where i got a 160 baht bus after

haven't used that in like 4 years tho

I like your VIP car to the dingy Mochit bus terminal, would have made a good scene in a movie, but no BMW for me, needed the 2 million baht Elite for that.

I’m still having nightmares about my trip to Immigration in the Golden Cart. As an Australian, about the worst thing you can be is “up yourself”, and I felt so far up myself that I wasn’t sure if I’d ever see daylight again.