Which route did he take?

georgegeorgia

8 minutes ago, petermik said:

Up to them... everyone has a free choice.

Sure, but it beats my why and I'm saying in his case ,but why spend money on bars, tipping , etc and then get the bus to the airport, going thru all that trouble in the heat.

Can some of you guys enlighten me?

As for the route the taxi took to me 3 hours ,can you guys advise what route he took so I don't need to go thru a slow painful 3 hours and I can assure you he definitely didn't get a tip!

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Sure, but it beats my why and I'm saying in his case ,but why spend money on bars, tipping , etc and then get the bus to the airport, going thru all that trouble in the heat.

As for the route the taxi took to me 3 hours ,can you guys advise what route he took so I don't need to go thru a slow painful 3 hours and I can assure you he definitely didn't get a tip!

Depends time of day, traffic can be bad at times. Book with private car service for Bangkok, set rate, I'm sure he or she will take shortest route. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Simple and easy from North Pattaya bus station, buses are air conditioned and safer than other vehicles. I ride my motorbike there, get the bus 119 baht to Ekkamai then get BTS, can get off before Ekkamai. Easy

Monday will be my 3rd trip to Bangkok this month (normally go twice a month) so the 3x2,000 THB (1,000 each way) saving is not to be sniffed at.

GF prefers the bus over taxis as she feels safer & we always get of at Udom Suk BTS station to avoid the traffic on Sukhumvit Road.

Going to/coming from the Airport we now use Nam’s taxi (1,000 THB including tolls) but that’s once or twice every few months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wongkitlo said:

I have caught the Jomtien bus to the airport. It is very comfortable, quick and easy.  Why pay 1000 baht when you are in no hurry to go anywhere? Also, the girls on the bus are prettier than the old, fat taxi driver. 

My regular driver is an attractive lady. Why waste time with a bus? I have a driver waiting at gate 3, easy peasy japanesy

5 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Tell him to take the quick route: sentang d’wan. 

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Certainly safer than getting a speeding taxi, then you have the crazy pickups tailgating

You have control over what speed the moronic taxi driver travels at, try telling a bus driver to slow down.

Plus you have seat belts in a taxi.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

As for the route the taxi took to me 3 hours ,

That is just how long it takes... Bkk has traffic to deal with.. 

And how do you know that that 1 guy is a barfly and big tipper... ?? Maybe he just isn't as rich as you are- - people prioritize and spend their money where they want, not where you want... 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

The Nth Pattaya to Ekkamai bus drivers which is what we are talking about drive safely, I've never had a speeding driver, always smooth. What's your experience of that bus service?

Perfect. Done the Ekkamai trips to BKK probably 50 times over near on 10 years.

BTS straight updoors and off ya go.

Many trips earlier were to Southern prior to them closing bus service to and from Pattaya.

If people are in a hurry, join the Thai drivers.

• Like 2