U.S. Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade, ending 50 years of federal abortion rights

onthedarkside

26 minutes ago, candide said:

I think the U.S. system produces the opposite of what a S.C. should be:

- it should be composed of politically neutral judges, yet they have been chosen for their known political stance,

-it should be composed of old wise guys, yet judges have nominated at a rather young age, in order to stack the S.C. for as long as possible.

And as The Donald already tweeted, we should give him and his Republican colleagues full credit for stacking the court and this designed outcome.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Then as my post said, she has the burden of 9 months pregnancy and can make her choice.

So how does that relate to the post that you were originally replying to?

"Isn't it sad for a man that a woman can abort his baby and he has no say in it?"

Do you guys actually follow the discussion that you are having, or do you just say whatever comes into your head?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BangkokReady said:

So how does that relate to the post that you were originally replying to?

"Isn't it sad for a man that a woman can abort his baby and he has no say in it?"

Do you guys actually follow the discussion that you are having, or do you just say whatever comes into your head?

Yes I follow quite clearly and my post was also clear. The women has the ultimate decision not the man. Simple as that

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes I follow quite clearly and my post was also clear.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you then.  Could you expand a little on how this:

"Then as my post said, she has the burden of 9 months pregnancy and can make her choice."

In any way answers this:

Just now, BangkokReady said:

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you then.  Could you expand a little on how this:

"Then as my post said, she has the burden of 9 months pregnancy and can make her choice."

In any way answers this:

Sadder for the woman

Well, for those history buffs who are aficionados of the American civil war who have always wondered what it was like to battle and kill your own countrymen, you're about to find out in the very near future.....

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Funny if Hillary was so unpopular but she still solidly won the popular vote. Truth is that she was popular enough but ran a poor campaign and was very unlucky to be opposed by then shiny new demagogue object.trump.

She was the least talented candidate I remember since Walter Mondale. She is a smart and capable woman. But, she had no idea how to run a presidential campaign. And she said some of the dumbest things. 

12 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

These cases are rear but Yes as the baby can always be adopted out.

if that were fact there would not be so many not adopted in the state system.

10 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

But it inevitably will grow into a full human if left to its own devices.  Every baby is a potential human of which both the father and mother have a claim to.

Not inevitable, but I am reflecting on my psychology courses having visited the Micro and  Hydrophilic beings warehoused needing round the clock care. I hasten to point out that if this is the Mother's decision to carry to term, I will help support through a national healthcare program (ideally) ... but I will not allow my significant other not to have the right to aborat as soon as the defect is medically determined. Fortunately, we would have a choice, only the poor will be forced to the back alleys.

17 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It really is and quickly.

But there are two Americas now.

Can they live together?

Indeed, you begin to wonder if a progressive state like California, which has a GDP in its own right similar to the UK, would wish to remain a part of the Union?

43 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Who said anything about rapists?

Follow the news....rapists have been claiming parental rights.

If your wife, girlfriend or daughter was raped---perhaps by an illegal alien---you would fully support her as she brought the fetus all the way to birth, right? Sleep next to your wife/girlfriend every night for nine months as she carried the rapist's 50% contribution to term, right? Engage in a little pregnant whoopie from time to time knowing full well the rapists sperm fertilized your wife/girlfriend's egg.

Why do HUNDREDS of millions of people want to visit America?  NINE million with green cards.   Millions more trying to jump the border.   Is the quality of life that much better?  houses, food, safety, opportunity......................opportunity.............is this important?  in LOS I can go to 711!!!!  That's opportunity, right?   

It's all relative.  Those that throw rocks live in the smallest, most fragile glass houses topped by the slightest wind from a fart of the tiniest mouse.

150 million Americans will be living in states that allow abortion, I'm guessing.   

I urge all to protest in the streets of America, it's allowed there.   Change the world for the "better" and even write to the Pope.  I'm pro-choice, but I worry more about beer prices in LOS.........I admit, I haven't changed the world with all my writing..........hello??????????????   lol

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Follow the news....rapists have been claiming parental rights.

If your wife, girlfriend or daughter was raped---perhaps by an illegal alien---you would fully support her as she brought the fetus all the way to birth, right? Sleep next to your wife/girlfriend every night for nine months as she carried the rapist's 50% contribution to term, right? Engage in a little pregnant whoopie from time to time knowing full well the rapists sperm fertilized your wife/girlfriend's egg.

I think the act of rape would make it a different scenario.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ozimoron said:

One can but hope ... at least voters know in November what's at stake ... no excuse for not turning out whichever side you're on ... but especially the pro-choice supporters.

• Like 1

.... United States Supreme Court overturns Roe v Wade - ending 50 years of "federal abortion rights" .... 

A more accurate headline may have read: "united States' Supreme Court corrects Roe v Wade - sends abortion matters back to We, The People." Back, that is, to our Fifty Sovereign States.

And: thus; restored both legality and constitutionality to the, previously, lawlessly and from-the-whole-cloth and penumbra's-and-emanations-adjudicated matter -- and enlarged and expanded our beloved fraternal republic's range of options. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

And women having rights magically nullifies men's feelings?

Yes in my opinion it far outways the mans feelings because not only does the woman also have feelings but she also has the physical aspects of the pregnancy for 9 months. But then I've mentioned that already in my posts to you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You say defeatest, I say realistic.

Due to structural reasons such as the sparse Dakotos having four senators and very populated Californis two and the great advantage republicans have with gerrymandering,  elections are not a level playing field. Plus historically midterms are about the economy and a referendum on the president.

Of course FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT but sorry the odds are poor.

Before whinging about that, the very 1st and easist thing for the Democrats should be finding someone more electable than Biden. They are giving the Dems an open goal with rulings like this but with such an unispiring and old candidate they are unlikely to score.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes in my opinion it far outways the mans feelings because not only does the woman also have feelings but she also has the physical aspects of the pregnancy for 9 months. But then I've mentioned that already in my posts to you.

Doesn't the woman in some way consent to this responsibility when she chooses to have sex?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

And women having rights magically nullifies men's feelings?

The woman's body is what produces babies. Apart from the obvious downsides it also gives her certain rights. 

If that hurts your feelings then take it up with your chosen deity and stop crying about it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1