Boris Johnson's future in peril as Conservative Party hit with double election losses

onthedarkside

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

My argument?

My argument is that it nonsense to say johnson should not have been bounded by the same rules as the rest of us. 

He is bound by the same rules as everyone else , he got fined . 

That is old news anyway , time to move on to the present 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

My argument?

My argument is that it nonsense to say johnson should not have been bounded by the same rules as the rest of us. 

Actually my argument. At least, given that I meant to direct it at Kwasaki but somehow managed to quote you instead. This is what it meant to be directed at:

image.png.405bfe56e7603626e36459404f9e368f.png

• Thanks 1

Just now, placeholder said:

Actually my argument. At least, given that I meant to direct it at Kwasaki but somehow managed to quote you instead. This is what it meant to be directed at:

image.png.405bfe56e7603626e36459404f9e368f.png

No worries, I’ll delete my post. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I disagree with regard to your final sentence. 

This thread is about the Conservatives UK local election losses . 

I cannot say why people voted against the local Conservatives , buts its highly likely because of the food shortages , 8 % inflation and surge in the cost of living and NOT because Boris went to a party a few years ago 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Especially when the post exposes someone you support as being a lowlife.

"Exposes"

"make (something) visible by uncovering it."

So his post was exposing that Boris went to party a few years ago ?

Everyone is well aware of that story , no need to keep repeating it 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

"Exposes"

"make (something) visible by uncovering it."

So his post was exposing that Boris went to party a few years ago ?

Everyone is well aware of that story , no need to keep repeating it 

You want to change the verb to "remind" or "points out" fine. But to characterize his post as "exposing Boris went to party a few years ago?" Really? That's like saying John Wilkes Booth is reviled because he went to the theater.

47 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

This thread is about the Conservatives UK local election losses . 

I cannot say why people voted against the local Conservatives , buts its highly likely because of the food shortages , 8 % inflation and surge in the cost of living and NOT because Boris went to a party a few years ago 

Really? Here a link to a Telegraph article about Johnson's 36 point plunge among Tory voters dated Aug 1, 2021.

Boris Johnson plunges by 36 points in poll of grassroots Tory ...

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

No. 

I followed the rules. As did my family. 

johnson broke them because he doesn’t believe the rules apply to him and his mates. 

The man is contemptible and a lying hypocrite. 

Boris shouldn't have to, he and his team were running the country.

Found to have broken one rule and fined.

Your perfect self and your perfect family never broke any rules. 

I've broke many rules in my lifetime still do because I'm a human being and that's what Boris is a human being and ordinary human beings happen to like him because of that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Boris shouldn't have to, he and his team were running the country.

Found to have broken one rule and fined.

Your perfect self and your perfect family never broke any rules. 

I've broke many rules in my lifetime still do because I'm a human being and that's what Boris is a human being and ordinary human beings happen to like him because of that.

Yes, and its seems that its the people who are so annoyed and upset about Boris attending a party , it was those very same people who completely ignored those same  rules the previous summer 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Yes indeed.  Go Boris!

If only he would, but I fear he will hang on until he is dumped by his own party

I bet you change your mind if he has a "crew cut".......????

178355232_Crewcut.jpg.2672fbc0643acd09c0ab89104cafa1d5.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, RayC said:

The PM of a country and his team shouldn't have to follow the rules and laws - some of which they may have drafted - which they are meant to ensure are followed!?

Clearly there are no limits to which some will go to defend this opportunist liar.

Thanks OH holy one. ????

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RayC said:

You're welcome.

I'm a forgiving type my boy, but you - and your friends - must learn that actions have consequences; that you need to take accountability and responsibility for your actions, and stop blaming others all the time☹️

Actually, I think it speaks highly to the charitable nature of Johnson's supporters that they endorse forgiveness of a person who has enjoyed every advantage that British society has to offer and ought to have known better.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, RayC said:

You're welcome.

I'm a forgiving type my boy, but you - and your friends - must learn that actions have consequences; that you need to take accountability and responsibility for your actions, and stop blaming others all the time☹️

I agree done things I regret and have made mistakes and apologized I'm a human being there's lots of us about. ????

• Like 1

On 6/28/2022 at 12:12 AM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, and its seems that its the people who are so annoyed and upset about Boris attending a party , it was those very same people who completely ignored those same  rules the previous summer 

Actually as I pointed out above it was conservative voters who in August of 2021 registered a sharp disapproval of Johnson with a 36% drop in popularity. Are these the "very same people" that you're referring to?

13 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Actually as I pointed out above it was conservative voters who in August of 2021 registered a sharp disapproval of Johnson with a 36% drop in popularity. Are these the "very same people" that you're referring to?

Oh wow, did that take you long to Glooogle up.......????

On 6/25/2022 at 4:39 PM, transam said:

I did have a good laugh that the "Liberals" won the seat, a Party that has never done anything but hang-on. It would have been worrying if it were Labour, but the thought of Kier & and the bar maid sidekick would be a step too far for many....????

PS. At my watering hole, was having a weeee discussion about Boris, this bloke kept going on and on about his choice of hairstyle, that was it, nothing else, but I reckon there are many that judge Boris by his hair cut, sad but true.....????

I guess 2 of the people who judge Boris by his haircut are Rishi Sunak and Sajid Javid 

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson facing multiple resignations in blow to his leadership

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson's administration was thrown into disarray Tuesday when two top ministers quit within minutes of each other amid a slew of other resignations, just weeks after he narrowly survived a no-confidence vote from his own Conservative party.  

Health Minister Sajid Javid and Chancellor Rishi Sunak announced their departures in letters posted on Twitter. 

"The public rightly expects government to be conducted properly, competently and seriously," Sunak said in his resignation letter. 

https://www.foxnews.com/world/british-boris-johnson-resignations

There's this fellow, too, a notorious critic of hair styles

British Conservative Party vice-chair Afolami resigns - report

One of the vice-chairs of Britain's ruling Conservative party, Bim Afolami, has resigned his position, TalkTV political editor Kate McCann said on Twitter on Tuesday.

The news followed the resignation of two key ministers in Prime Minister Boris Johnson's government earlier on Tuesday moments after he apologised for the latest scandal to blight his administration. read more

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/british-conservative-party-vice-chair-afolami-resigns-report-2022-07-05/

• Like 1

Johnson did what he was elected to do. He honoured the Brexit vote and did what he could with the mess that the Remainer Theresa May left behind. He did pretty well to avoid the EU mess re. the Covid vaccines (although went too far with the lockdowns). But this is one screwup too many. Probably time to go now. Put a fork in him, ....

Hopefully whoever replaces him is more in line with true Conservative values and drops the green agenda, stops pandering to the Woke lobby, defunds the biased BBC, amends the NI Protocol, rules out further lockdowns, cuts direct taxation etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

I guess 2 of the people who judge Boris by his haircut are Rishi Sunak and Sajid Javid 

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson facing multiple resignations in blow to his leadership

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson's administration was thrown into disarray Tuesday when two top ministers quit within minutes of each other amid a slew of other resignations, just weeks after he narrowly survived a no-confidence vote from his own Conservative party.  

Health Minister Sajid Javid and Chancellor Rishi Sunak announced their departures in letters posted on Twitter. 

"The public rightly expects government to be conducted properly, competently and seriously," Sunak said in his resignation letter. 

https://www.foxnews.com/world/british-boris-johnson-resignations

There's this fellow, too, a notorious critic of hair styles

British Conservative Party vice-chair Afolami resigns - report

One of the vice-chairs of Britain's ruling Conservative party, Bim Afolami, has resigned his position, TalkTV political editor Kate McCann said on Twitter on Tuesday.

The news followed the resignation of two key ministers in Prime Minister Boris Johnson's government earlier on Tuesday moments after he apologised for the latest scandal to blight his administration. read more

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/british-conservative-party-vice-chair-afolami-resigns-report-2022-07-05/

Winston Churchill comes to mind...????