Covid infections rise 20% in England as new Omicron variants spread

onthedarkside

2 hours ago, Fore Man said:

I cannot believe that so many cruel minds out there still think COVID was just a joke, or worse yet, a sinister plot perpetuated by political interests. How can such people shrug off over ONE MILLION fatalities in the USA alone due to the pandemic?  Such a cavalier attitude shows how ruthless and uncaring some folks are towards their fellow man.  Shame on them!  They’d best pray that one day when older and more susceptible that they won’t succumb to a future disease that could well dwarf this latest global pandemic.  Mark my words:  What comes around goes around. 

You just might be naive......everyone has a streak of evil somewhere, and most people are super-greedy, just saying! Ass keener minds have said.....one death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.

Something to ponder on: ports were blocked in Yemen with US assistance and the population as subjected to massive bombing.....who exactly gave a care? 

We'll see how prepared Thailand is for the next wave.

Hopefully it's not too severe.

Luckily many people have been vaccinated and/or have had it.

Unluckily Anutin is still the minister of Health. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jak2002003 said:

Why don't you look at how many fatalities there were for heart attacks....basically from eating junk food?  Yet no one panicking over cheese burgers or KFC are they ? 

But if I stand next to an obese bloke eating a cheeseburger who then has a heart attack, I'm not going to catch his obesity and succumb to a heart attack myself.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RayC said:

But if I stand next to an obese bloke eating a cheeseburger who then has a heart attack, I'm not going to catch his obesity and succumb to a heart attack myself.

Well put, RayC.  It’s an excellent analogy.  And with regard to Mac’s post, yes, he also makes a worthy point, as many COVID deaths were exacerbated by comorbidities.  But those victims would have likely survived many more years had COVID not arrived on the scene. 

Edited by Fore Man
  • Like 2

On 6/25/2022 at 1:00 AM, Excel said:

Or simply skiving knowing the covid claim will never be disputed

Sorry, but every business I know requires a confirmed test.  Most have moved to allowing the at-home tests.  You will still get contacted by the tracing people and told to isolate.  

On 6/25/2022 at 6:54 PM, RichardColeman said:

yes, but usually for only a week or so in most cases...

Nobody is required to quarantine for the flu.  It's recommended, but you are free to work if you can even if you are infectious.   Big difference.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Credo said:

Nobody is required to quarantine for the flu.  It's recommended, but you are free to work if you can even if you are infectious.   Big difference.  

You seriously trying to tell me your boss would not get angry with you deliberately coming into work with the flu and risking infecting his staff ? 

• Like 1

On 6/25/2022 at 6:54 PM, RichardColeman said:

yes, but usually for only a week or so in most cases...

Don't suggest this to the blind established hard-liner narrative types....

????????

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

You seriously trying to tell me your boss would not get angry with you deliberately coming into work with the flu and risking infecting his staff ? 

I know employers who expect employees to come in if they are well enough to work.  They may very well be infectious.  For employees it depends on whether they have sick time available or not.  

• Like 2

On 6/27/2022 at 2:52 PM, Excel said:

You might want to check and find out the actual regulations.  Time off work due to Covid has been covered by special funding, so whether you get paid time off or not depends on confirmation.