A wee caution

Living in Phan Thong, I use the Sri Racha Immigration office.  Went there yesterday for annual extension for Non Immigrant OA.  The IO choked on the insurance certificate that LMG sent via snail mail, so what I rec'd was the original certificate.  The IO claimed that it was a copy and therefore unacceptable.  I was able to reach the agent who sold the policy to me.  His assurance to her, that the certificate was an original wasn't sufficient to sway her.  According to the agent, thousands of certificates identical to mine have gone out without a single rejection by Immigration.  Lucky me.   Uggg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gaccha said:

You should immediately file an appeal. I forget the form but it's a TM something or other. Check the Immigration website. 

A appeal for what.

The only form for a appeal is denial of entry to the country.

Makes me laugh at the prospect of the new 10 years retirement visa that was announced for September (80000 USD yearly income + health insurance). I got both, 100% legit, but I am sure that providing proof will be a total nightmare. I'll probably stick to marriage extensions which require a bit of work but remain "predictable".

The only hope about this "new visa" would be that the credentials would be checked by BOI, which would issue a letter of qualification for the IO.

But would, would, would...

LMG OA policies are supposedly entered into a data base available to Immigration. This data base is limited to those 12 (or is it 13?) companies belonging to the TGIA. Thus, there shouldn't be any question about authenticity. Never heard of Sri Racha -- have computers been introduced yet into this neck of the woods?

Had the same thing happen with the paper for buying a new truck. Red plates now halfway through their third month....nary a word. 

The only two things in LOS that are original are paperwork and phad thai.....