The REAL EV vehicle discussion thread.....

transam

All those 'specific' BS taxes, would make sense, IF, they were actually used for their specific purpose when proposed.

I think we all know they simply go to the general tax fund, and then wasted with all the other taxes.

Which is one thing I like about TH, the majority of tax revenue comes from 'higher' incomes & business taxes, and the VAT, which equates to those who use more of the gov't serves and have more and can afford their toys, pay a higher portion of the taxes.  Actually kind of fair, and gives the poor folks a break.

• 3 weeks later...

EVs will become just one-of-the-options as Fuel Cell vehicles will become a reality within 5 years.  Already, Toyota Mirai and Honda (??i forgot) are available in California and some other states.  Also, airplane manufacturers are working on Fuel Cell aircrafts! ie, there is feverish effort to jump to Fuel Cell transport.

• Haha 1

On 9/13/2022 at 6:33 AM, macahoom said:

What exactly do you mean by "do not work very well"? Reduced range?

I have two EVs here in Thailand. I've had one of them for over three years. I have consistently got better range than the manufacturers' official figures.

From what I have read, I believe very cold climates reduce range significantly. The climate in Thailand (I live in Phuket) doesn't seem to be a problem.

Cold is definitely the enemy of any battery, as is excessive heat. IMO the temperature in Phuket should be ideal operating temperature, which is probably why you are getting better range.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/13/2022 at 6:33 AM, macahoom said:

What exactly do you mean by "do not work very well"? Reduced range?

I have two EVs here in Thailand. I've had one of them for over three years. I have consistently got better range than the manufacturers' official figures.

From what I have read, I believe very cold climates reduce range significantly. The climate in Thailand (I live in Phuket) doesn't seem to be a problem.

I'm also getting consistently better range than the WLTP & NEDC ratings, and at much higher speeds than their tests are done at.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1