P5 child molested by child in P6 - 10,000 baht paid in compensation, school director "transferred"

webfact

639273fd3bd71db82647a81180446ee5564c0ba62f8e31be466959180b296e09.jpg

Picture: Siam Rath

Siam Rath reported along with other Thai media on an alarming case of the sexual molestation of a girl in primary 5 by a boy in primary 6.

The mother has revealed that the case was sorted out with money rather than any medical examination. A key figure in the community said it was handled without a sacking, the school director was transferred.

No pregnancy was involved, that was a miscommunication.

The boy was in P6 and the girl aged 11 was in P5 at the school in Wichianburi, Phetchabun, NE Thailand. It happened on June 21st.

It was suggested that the female director of the school had told the 11 year old not to tell anyone as she could get in trouble. 

The girl complied. But on the evening of Friday 24th the parent of the child overheard a conversation in which her daughter referred to what happened asking advice of a cousin. 

Then it all came out when the parent confronted the child.

d167255af2794b33c2c575de484365da8d68877cca503771758effd9772f492b.jpg

It emerged that the victim had run to tell a teacher what had happened and been taken to the school director. But the director feared losing face if the matter became known so she tried to cover it up, it was alleged.

Reporters went to Ban Nam Orm school in Moo 7 in Yang Sao sub-district where there are just two teachers and a director. It was open as normal. 

The director wasn't there and no investigation had yet begun

The incident happened in the library. The boy was 12. 

Reporters found the guardian of the victim who said that on Friday it was agreed that 10,000 baht be paid. They were all related. No medical tests were made and no police report was filed. She had no idea how the news leaked out.

It appears that the child was in the care of a grandparent. 

The child's skirt was hitched up and something of a sexual nature was done to her. 

A senior figure in the village said that the director was not sacked and voluntarily decided to be transferred. The director was a good person who had developed the school. She got on well with everyone in the area and had sought a budget to spend on the school.

3ec907bf0744a1783d4d3ba8d6408ff3533178c69613ceb1665a200ed420ed94.jpg

There was no truth that she was in disagreement with villagers or that she had said to the child:

"You're not pregnant, no need to tell anyone".

The truth was that the parents of the boy who work in Bangkok were called back to the village so that on Friday a settlement could be made between the relatives. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-06-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

image.jpeg
  • Sad 5

2 minutes ago, webfact said:

It was suggested that the female director of the school had told the 11 year old not to tell anyone as she could get in trouble. 

I understand we are not allowed to know her name, basically ever.  Even if convicted, we can't name her in a bad light or we get sued.  

BUT I hope every school that gets a new female director does some researching, and this lady is never allowed around kids again.   2022......hmmm

• Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

I was gonna say "what's the big deal? Kids experimenting, happens every day." BUT - if this is true, the director needs removing, not just a transfer, as she has shown the poorest of judgement for such a position.

Just normal life in Thailand - a school director in a responsible position covers up a crime and it isn't reported to the police - probably as they'd want their cut of the 'settlement'. And from the report above it seems that both kids involved are being raised by grandparents. In Thailand, many have kids as an insurance policy so they will be cared for in old age. Actually being a parent in the 'western sense' is an alien concept.

Even in my direct family, we are raising a nephew after his mother went to Hungary for three months in March 2020 and has made no attempt to return. She earlier married a Dutchman and they have a house in Hungary. And another nephew is being raised by my wife's sister while his parents work elsewhere.

• Like 1

But the director feared losing face if the matter became known so she tried to cover it up, it was alleged.

There was no truth that she was in disagreement with villagers or that she had said to the child:

"You're not pregnant, no need to tell anyone".

They were all related.

She had no idea how the news leaked out.

In a small rural village there are few secrets that stay secrets for long. Without a police investigation the truth and facts remain unclear . 

Sounds like doctors and nurses to me :

my daughter went to SARASAS ROMKLOA

She was MOLESTED by a boy of her class who touched every girls breast in class

the vice director in charge pretended it was  just innocent play 

my daughter went to complain to a teacher who was witness and vice director

THEY DID NOTHING about it

my daughter sadly never told me when this happened years ago as she was worried I would escalate it to the school's direction for inaction or the press

On 6/28/2022 at 12:10 PM, Denim said:

In a small rural village there are few secrets that stay secrets for long. Without a police investigation the truth and facts remain unclear . 

Sounds like doctors and nurses to me :

yep we all played that as kids part of growing up at least it here was kids with kids ..and no Jimmy Saville