Senator warns that Paetongtarn Shinawatra or Ung Ing, Thaksin’s daughter, is wrong for the job

webfact

5 hours ago, heiri007 said:

Of course he does object.

Interesting times ahead. Puea Thai victory is a given.

5 hours ago, heiri007 said:

Of course he does object.

Interesting times ahead. Puea Thai victory is a given.

Of Course we don't need a democracy when 1 person can make the decisions. Much easier and less time consuming. Get back to the important things. ????????️‍♀️????

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I fully agree

A long time ago Yingluck said that she is not interested in politics. And then her big brother convinced her to run for PM - with no relevant experience.

She was elected and she got her chance. She could have worked for the people.

But then she showed that her main interest was to whitewash her brother.

The rest is history.

If another Shinawatra will be elected we can be pretty sure history will repeat itself.

Maybe she should think about what a wonderful comfortable super rich life she could have ...

Don Jr. in 2028

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

A senior Thai senator has warned that Ung Ing or Ms Paetongtarn Shinawatra, the youngest daughter of ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra, should not be the next Prime Minister even if the Pheu Thai Party wins the next General Election.

Then who does he recommend and why? I can say my Som Tum lady should not be the next PM. But in truth she may be a welcome change. ????

Thaksin has run out of choices.  Yingluck was 'wrong for the job' and indeed didn't want it; refusing at the first ask but giving in to Brotherly pressure.   Time for PT to be thinking of a New Age Leader; someone who would give them more credibility with the people and actually be a good PM.   Seems to me though that the 'Leaders' at PT don't have enough Brains between them to see the light !

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

Thaksin has run out of choices.  Yingluck was 'wrong for the job' and indeed didn't want it; refusing at the first ask but giving in to Brotherly pressure.   Time for PT to be thinking of a New Age Leader; someone who would give them more credibility with the people and actually be a good PM.   Seems to me though that the 'Leaders' at PT don't have enough Brains between them to see the light !

Is is and always was Thaksin's party. There is no way to take Thaksin out of it.

If politicians want to make sure that nobody thinks they are connected to Thaksin then they should stay away from that party.

But obviously lots of Thai politicians still want to be friends with the fugitive criminal.

• Like 2

Thailand needs someon tht is not part of any of the old guard.  They need a new person that is not a retired General or member of a poitical family.  This is a young lady who only knows how to do things the way that daddy taught her.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

A poll on leading choice for Prime Minister may be flattering but doubt she is interested in that role for now. His dad said that just couple months ago that he doesn't envision his daughter even contesting the poll. Thaksin see her in a learning curve and view the importance of her role in uniting the party ready for the election and a more youthful party image. In Thaksin own words Ï am not dreaming too far yet. I just want her to help with the academic work and bring people together to brainstorm ideas". Personally, I do agree that she need few more years in a political position to garner experience and relationship with the powers and people. But she definitely has all the attributes to be a future candidate for prime minister.  

Yea she will fit right in cheating on entrance exam and all. I mean its such a shame Thailand if full of losers like that. I don't mean just her but the fact they let a drug dealer in. It just shows how morally corrupt Thai politics on both sides is. 

Before I would mention Europe as an example, maybe if I say Western Europe Uk excluded it would be true. Seems standards in some countries in Europe have gone backwards too. 

Its just sad to see this in a country. I think we need time take care of this maybe in a far future things will change.

22 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

The woman is an extremely low quality proxy for her father.  She even had to cheat in the entrance exam to get into Chulalongkorn. Daddy ordered someone from the Education Ministry to get to exam papers out of the safe and make copies for her to enhance her preparations for the exam. There was a big hoo haa from parents of kids who were deemed to have failed the exam and rejected, accusing this woman of stealing their kids' places.  The only thing a Thaksin proxy can do is push for an amnesty for daddy to come home and some massive corruption schemes like Yingluck's rice pledging scheme. 

Please get this toxic family out of politics for ever and let Thaksin come back only as ashes.

Your facts are wrong. She didn’t cheat. It was about the entrance exam leak and few students were alleged to benefit. The university investigated and could not determine any conclusive evidence. She won a seat in the sociology and anthropology programmer at Chula faculty of Political Science. How did you get so wrong!

The usual BS from the usurpers of democracy who much prefer not to stand in front of citizens and present their case but would rather get nodded into their taxpayer funded jobs by their cronies without a ballot.

No wonder the recent report showing young people's dissatisfaction with the dye the hair black mob is at an all time high.

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I fully agree

A long time ago Yingluck said that she is not interested in politics. And then her big brother convinced her to run for PM - with no relevant experience.

She was elected and she got her chance. She could have worked for the people.

But then she showed that her main interest was to whitewash her brother.

The rest is history.

If another Shinawatra will be elected we can be pretty sure history will repeat itself.

Maybe she should think about what a wonderful comfortable super rich life she could have ...

"A long time ago Yingluck said that she is not interested in politics. And then her big brother convinced her to run for PM - with no relevant experience"

What makes you think the current muppet had any relevant experience?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Swampy999 said:

"A long time ago Yingluck said that she is not interested in politics. And then her big brother convinced her to run for PM - with no relevant experience"

What makes you think the current muppet had any relevant experience?

Look at what he did in the last decades and look what Yingluck did. You should be able to see that there is a difference.

And what does this have to do with Prayut? It's about the Shinawatra crime family. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, robblok said:

Depends if she is working for the people then there would be no problem. If she like her other family tries to get Thaksin home then it could lead to trouble. So it all depends do they want to work for the people (and take their corruption cut like the current MOB) or go after a Thaksin pardon again. (not beneficial to the people will lead to problems)

Will have to wait and see for that one.

Most Thais I know would love to have the Thaksin and his sister pardoned and returned home.  They truly believe he was good for them and the country.  Pardoning them could help stability.

• Like 1

It doesnt matter who will be chosen. Thats shown in history of mankind.

Every time there will be disappointment and bad attitudes.

The world is now full of those ..... "leaders". Only thing for running is, achieving to have the power,  personal gain and have rich life. Every time same old story. 

Just now, WinterGael said:

Most Thais I know would love to have the Thaksin and his sister pardoned and returned home.  They truly believe he was good for them and the country.  Pardoning them could help stability.

There's also plenty of Thais who don't want him or her to ever return to Thailand, both are convicted and have sentenced to time behind bars, (and I mean of real crimes, and no they weren't kangarooo courts, and there are still serious charges outstanding against him). 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nikmar said:

I wonder when Suthep will start bleating about bringing the people out on the streets again to "obliterate Thaksinocracy" again.

Unlikely as he may have a freedom of speach issue.

Last year he was sentenced by the Criminal Court to five years for his role in street rallies to force PM Yingluck out of office. Other PDRC leaders were sentenced from five to 11 years.

1 hour ago, BusyB said:

Right. The source of 'political instability' in Thailand is an establishment that refuses to accept a democratic verdict.

And whilst Thaksin indeed really tore the ring on corruption even by Thai standards, if he can't return and be pardoned, why can the general continue as normal and not have to atone for the coup and all that has entailed?

A democratic vote is a democratic vote - the people would have sorted Thaksin back in 2006, it was only a matter of time. Democracy is also about compromise and awaiting developments - something parade ground minds can't even grasp.

Rather paradoxical that 2 popular elected Prime Ministers exiled for corruption charges and 1 potential candidate for prime minister Thanathorn arraigned for criminal charges and LM and can't stand for election while more serious crimes like staging coups went under punished and one even rewarded for 8 years as the premier. Meanwhile a drug dealer who sided with the cabal miitary was cleared by the court to be a cabinet minister and corruption charges of generals and ministers swept under the rug by the NACC. The political injustice is obviously clear even if the Shins are corrupted like all Thai politicians. 

• Like 1