Garden and Palm Highlight Lights plus

carlyai

1. Would like to build and install some garden lights that highlight the Cane Palms and other shrubs and trees. Really just a string along one border. Anyone have them and have a recommendation?

2. Also thinking of a garden lights extension where different lights connected to a sound system turn on and off with different frequencies. I built one up years ago in first year Engineering College that was red, blue and green. I can't remember what it's called. Anyone have these and a recommendation?

Thanks.

Just in general

About 1: Buy LED lights, they use a lot less electricity than other lights.

Make sure you buy lights with the "correct" color. You can get white light with different color temperature. And with good or bad CRI values. So just "white" is not good enough and one white isn't the same as another white.

ct121217.jpg

About 2: They normally have a microphone, you don't need a connection to your sound system.

I guess you are looking for something similar to this:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/rgb-colorful-tube-32-led-voice-activated-pickup-rhythm-strip-light-music-atmosphere-ambient-lamp-bar-for-car-party-computer-i3612731627.html

On 7/2/2022 at 7:47 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Just in general

About 1: Buy LED lights, they use a lot less electricity than other lights.

Make sure you buy lights with the "correct" color. You can get white light with different color temperature. And with good or bad CRI values. So just "white" is not good enough and one white isn't the same as another white.

ct121217.jpg

About 2: They normally have a microphone, you don't need a connection to your sound system.

I guess you are looking for something similar to this:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/rgb-colorful-tube-32-led-voice-activated-pickup-rhythm-strip-light-music-atmosphere-ambient-lamp-bar-for-car-party-computer-i3612731627.html

Hi thanks, lost the thread. I really wanted to hear from someone who had installed the garden lights or had a light chaser. I'm remembering now when I built the light/sound thinggy. Must be some circuits around somewhere. Going to Patts next month so will check with my cousin who's into flashing (lights) and things. He plays and sings in some interesting places. ????

• 2 weeks later...

Durability  will be your  main issue, the led  strings  are  junk in many cases. I  put 25  lights  aroud  my land using NYY 1.5mm cable  buried a  foot  down over 200metres  length then each  light  set on a concrete footing a  foot  deep  bolted  down with stainless  screws. I  found lights  that have GLASS  covers  as the plastic  one s will go <deleted>  looking real  fast and brittle and break. Lights  were  about 1200 baht each, all 3  core  earthed and on elcb with earth rod, the lights  came from  homepro, thai watsadu do a  cheaper  crapper  copy  for  about 800, the main thing  is with the  sun they just dont  last if  plastic, these are  aluminium and  glass, been in 4  years  now. Do it  once, do it  right, or  just  keep  doing it if  you dont, the only thing ive had to change is  apart  form bulbs is  the dusk  sensor  to turn them on..............the crappy  plastic covers  break in about 3  years

lites (1).jpg

lites (2).jpg

lites (3).jpg

Edited by Rampant Rabbit

On 7/18/2022 at 11:39 AM, carlyai said:

Great job ???? Bet your place looks brilliant when a the lights are on.

Unfortunately the garden is in and I really wanted them to shine up under the cane palms outside the pool fence.

Thanks.

There are some cheapish  solar  stand  alone  spotlights which  will  last about 3-4 years and  give a fairly  good  light for  about 6-8  hours IF they get  full  sun, I  have  about 15 and they held  up fairly  well 

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i1764254952-s5118184249.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1

• Like 1