28-year-old woman jumps from third floor apartment in Naklua, claims boyfriend held her against her will in room for a year

webfact

image.jpeg

By Adam Judd

Naklua-A 28-year-old woman leapt from a third floor balcony to the ground at a Naklua area apartment at 10:30 P.M. last night, July 1st, 2022.

The woman, whose name has been withheld due to the sensitivity of the situation, survived the fall with only moderate injuries.

The woman told first responders and Nongprue police that she was not suicidal but had decided to jump from the balcony to escape her boyfriend, who wasn’t immediately identified, who she claimed had held her against her will in the apartment for roughly a year.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/07/02/28-year-old-woman-jumps-from-third-floor-apartment-in-naklua-claims-boyfriend-held-her-against-her-will-in-room-for-a-year/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-07-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 4

44 minutes ago, webfact said:

who she claimed had held her against her will in the apartment for roughly a year.

Under the influence of something.  Maybe the binge began yesterday and it felt like a year.  Romeo blew a fuse?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, JayClay said:

So rather than deal with minor injuries, she would be better off facing a murder charge?

You missed the point where I said, get him intoxicated, he fell, get it now ?

• Haha 1

one Thai lady (late 20's) told me her bf locked her in her room.  she lost her job.  months.

jealousy

My Thai is super fluent and her English is amazing, but I didn't get much details from her except, "hungry?  eat now?  now?  hot?"

58 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

But we're talking an apartment complex, not some house in the forest or urban area with a soundproof basement.

then do a simple swap on the google search to "woman held captive in apartment for year"

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You didn't read the link, then?

Why would you think that, do you believe everything the cops say/think here.

I have heard of people falling off balconies that high and not having bad injuries, depends on how they land/fall.

Like I said before, she should have gotten him drunk and then thrown him off of it, but then again, maybe he would have survive it too.

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

But we're talking an apartment complex, not some house in the forest or urban area with a soundproof basement.

The question wasn't whether it was likely, it was whether it was possible. And as the old truism goes, "Anything's possible." 

Here's an example of a girl being held captive in a man's apartment in the US, where even the kidnapper's roommate was unaware of her presence.

Teen Kidnapped in Oklahoma, Held Captive in North Park Man's Apartment

Admittedly it was only for 4 days but if he hadn't accidentally left his cellphone behind, allowing her to call for help, she could have been there a lot longer. Up to a year? Probably not, but again, possibly.

Now, all cases are different and I wouldn't necessarily say it's likely in this particular case, but it's certainly not outside the bounds of possibility.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:
29 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You didn't read the link, then?

No, I don't, necessarily, believe everything that the police say, neither do I, automatically, discredit everything they say, that would not be rational.     

Why would you disbelieve the article when all the police were reported as saying was that they weren't sure of her story and they were still investigating?   Seems reasonable to me.

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

I have heard of people falling off balconies that high and not having bad injuries, depends on how they land/fall.

Like I said before, she should have gotten him drunk and then thrown him off of it, but then again, maybe he would have survive it too.

Read what I said from the start.

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

So you've done yaba?

Living in Thailand long enough to know total But**-sh**.

Don't try it Nanlaew. 

Stick to your beer and weekend scrabble tournaments at the Y. 

6 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Of course it is, Ariel Castro held 3 women captive for ten years.

Jaycee Dugard was held for 17 years. 

Just Google "Women held captive for years" and you'll find numerous such cases.

I don't question you on that. There are some strange individuals about.

My comment was based on looking at the photo of the Thai appartment block in the OP. 

20 hours ago, Henryford said:

So she didn't scream help from the balcony or bang on the door or throw things out of the window. Hard to believe this was possible.

Just background noise along with the barking dogs in many places!