Pattaya police reportedly aid man on Pattaya Beach who allegedly suffered health issues and a panic attack after smoking a joint

webfact

So he had a panic attack, while smoking a doobie.

Is that something like dying from covid in a motorcycle accident, because you tested positive, even though your brains are splattered all over the front of that 18 wheeler.

I've never been in the company of anyone have a bad experience while indulging.  Guess it could happen if a  bit unstable already.

At least it didn't mention he was arrested for smoking outside the home, though I didn't bother opening the blip.

19 minutes ago, pomchop said:

Young stupid people with little or no pot experience do indeed overdose on edibles just like young stupid people overdose on guzzling booze.  And yes pot dealers have been known to lace <deleted> pot with cheap speed etc to be able to sell more .  The problem with edibles improperly used  is that anti pot crowd will point to edible od problems to try and claim that pot is oh so dangerous and all pot should be banned.

You might want to educate YOURSELF a bit with google ...and ps being stoned for 30 years does not impress me..  you are not the only person who has smoked pot you know?

https://www.healthychildren.org/English/ages-stages/teen/substance-abuse/Pages/Edible-Marijuana-Dangers.aspx

Have you never found it strange that without exception websites like the one you provided a link to only ever publish a list of horrendous effects resulting from ingestion. They NEVER list any positive effects  for example "pleasant relaxation"  as an effect !

Can you not see that the reason they are so selective with the truth is because they have an agenda?  If what they wrote was so accurate, its a miracle that anybody anywhere ever bothered with such an unpleasant toxic substance. 

AS far as I am concerned these websites which often quote the name and "qualifications" of an "expert" in an attempt tp legitimise their scaremongering claims have absolutely  ZERO credibility !!    I have yet to see one that provided clear information in a non hysterical way and practical advice to those considering usage

• You
w

4 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Have you never found it strange that without exception websites like the one you provided a link to only ever publish a list of horrendous effects resulting from ingestion. They NEVER list any positive effects  for example "pleasant relaxation"  as an effect !

Can you not see that the reason they are so selective with the truth is because they have an agenda?  If what they wrote was so accurate, its a miracle that anybody anywhere ever bothered with such an unpleasant toxic substance. 

AS far as I am concerned these websites which often quote the name and "qualifications" of an "expert" in an attempt tp legitimise their scaremongering claims have absolutely  ZERO credibility !!    I have yet to see one that provided clear information in a non hysterical way and practical advice to those considering usage

• You

Plenty of sane, logical and non hysterical advice out there. Here's one, don't drive after smoking weed. 

Here's the reality, most people in Thailand will take no notice of that and accident rates will go up as a result

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ezzra said:

No wonder... Go figure what they put in them rolled up joints, they can put and filler they like and you take it to your lungs...

I'll educate you     they put Gancha in joints.... there now you know,  

• Haha 1

Noticed this morning on the Amarin TV news  ( channel 24)    They now have a sign on the news desk    A  black cannabis leaf on a yellow background  with words to the effect that   Gancha is very dangerous if used incorrectly .    Fair enough I thought, although  they offer no advice as to how to use it correctly  Some of my Thai friends often use the word "yellow" in the same way english speakers use the word "whitey"  No doubt that is why they used the yellow background 

I just watched a report about a gang of youths staging an impromptu road race on a public road right through the middle of a village, at least one was killed, but they didn't feel the need to warn the "vulnerable teenagers " watching that it is dangerous to use a motorcycle "incorrectly"  I  wonder why

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

a Thai beachgoer was suffering from what he thought was breathing issues, vision problems, anxiety, dizziness, and tightness in his chest.

He was Pished most people get vision problems and dizziness if they drink to much, + a joint, was it mixed with tobacco referred to as spin ? its a non issue 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

What a useless human.........snowflakes. 

Here's a few quotes he will be repeating to himself. 

- I am a failure. 

- I am so boring.

- Nothing I do works out. 

- I can’t do anything right.

- What a screw-up I am.

Sadly, now we will see more unwanted joint-smoking negative news. 

For God's sake, Man up dude. 

Experience is a great teacher, eh?

2 hours ago, bbko said:

Why not make this situation public?  It may help others that now think just cause weed is legal now, it's entirely harmless.

Probably a lot less harmful on the population than alcohol . Was the dope mixed with anything else, and had the person any other substances including alcohol on board?

32 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

He was Pished most people get vision problems and dizziness if they drink to much, + a joint, was it mixed with tobacco referred to as spin ? its a non issue 

You are right but it is fuel for the reefer madness crowd and they will refuse to be educated

and keep spouting the same old nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Plenty of sane, logical and non hysterical advice out there. Here's one, don't drive after smoking weed. 

Here's the reality, most people in Thailand will take no notice of that and accident rates will go up as a result

Thank you very much, however when I want your advice I will ask for it

16 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Thank you very much, however when I want your advice I will ask for it

I wasn't asking permission to respond to you, just giving you some facts whether you like to hear them or not is your choice, you can put me on ignore

• Haha 1

Funny.

I got paranoid and uncomfortable whenever I smoked weed.

(Long ago in my teens).

One reason I never enjoyed it.

However many people enjoy it.

For this person he just shouldn't smoke the stuff.

2 hours ago, stoner said:

this is incorrect. thai sativa landrace will top out at around max 18 percent thc. terpene levels are not impressive at all either. 

the old thai stick myth is just that....myth.

its all people knew of during that time so of course it was the bees knees. 

What is regarded as strong percentage/terpenes ? Or not so simple to answer ?

Just now, Bday Prang said:

I've smoked weed for over 40 years, you obviously don't smoke and therefore are not qualified to advise me or anybody else on matters regarding cannabis.   

Couldn't care less what you've smoked for the last 40 years. No I don't smoke, tried it once many years ago at a friends house, felt terrible, went out to the car and had to put the reclining seat down for 30 mins before even thinking about driving. Never again for me thanks.

As for my advice about not driving while on weed, yes its the obvious one that reflects my personal experience and was in response to this portion of your post below:

2 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

I have yet to see one that provided clear information in a non hysterical way and practical advice to those considering usage

• Y

However its not just my advice is it. Its clearly illegal in most countries to drive under the influence as it is here. Yet most people in Thailand will take no notice of that and accident rates will go up as a result.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Couldn't care less what you've smoked for the last 40 years. No I don't smoke, tried it once many years ago at a friends house, felt terrible, went out to the car and had to put the reclining seat down for 30 mins before even thinking about driving. Never again for me thanks.

As for my advice about not driving while on weed, yes its the obvious one that reflects my personal experience and was in response to this portion of your post below:

However its not just my advice is it. Its clearly illegal in most countries to drive under the influence as it is here. Yet most people in Thailand will take no notice of that and accident rates will go up as a result.

So after 30 minutes of being intoxicated whilst in charge of a motor vehicle, you then decided to drive despite being still intoxicated !!!! Very irresponsible behaviour indeed.!!!! The tell tale signs of cannabis use can remain in the body for weeks after intoxication has long passed  so you really should have been more careful. but then again its OK for you just not for others?

And then you come on here to give me your  "informed advice",,,,,enough said

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

So after 30 minutes of being intoxicated whilst in charge of a motor vehicle, you then decided to drive despite being still intoxicated !!!! Very irresponsible behaviour indeed.!!!! The tell tale signs of cannabis use can remain in the body for weeks after intoxication has long passed  so you really should have been more careful. but then again its OK for you just not for others?

And then you come on here to give me your  "informed advice",,,,,enough said

I suggest you read my post, where did I say I drove at all? However thanks for the advice that it can stay in the body for weeks so people should be more careful.  

Crash rates jump in wake of marijuana legalization, new studies show

More evidence is emerging that crash rates go up when states legalize recreational use and retail sales of marijuana.

Crash rates spiked with the legalization of recreational marijuana use and retail sales in California, Colorado, Nevada, Oregon and Washington, a new study by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) and another by the affiliated Highway Loss Data Institute (HLDI) show.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1