Pattaya police reportedly aid man on Pattaya Beach who allegedly suffered health issues and a panic attack after smoking a joint

webfact

3 minutes ago, John Drake said:

I don't know the statistics on alcoholism among Thais and foreigners in Thailand. I would guess that among foreigners, it is high, as many don't seem to have anything else to do.

I think you are mixing up heavy drinkers and alcoholics. 

Alcoholism is a disease, you don't get it by drinking a lot. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I think you are mixing up heavy drinkers and alcoholics. 

Alcoholism is a disease, you don't get it by drinking a lot. 

You do get it by drinking regularly

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

The study you provide the link to in its self admits that the "evidence" is somewhat inconclusive,  and that would be clear to a blind man There is no way they can prove that the accidents were directly caused  as a result of cannabis usage. It is anecdotal at best, in fact, all it does prove is that people are more likely to admit to cannabis use when it is not illegal. Don't need to be a genius to work that one out

But perhaps a genius did not work it out, as it clearly states:

“Our latest research makes it clear that legalizing marijuana for recreational use does increase overall crash rates,” 

"That’s consistent with a 2018 IIHS study of police-reported crashes — most of which did not involve injuries or fatalities — that found that legalization of retail sales in Colorado,  Oregon and Washington was associated with a 5 percent higher crash rate compared with the neighboring control states."

I'm going to go out on a limb here ???? and say that together with my experience, driving laws and all available studies (dozens) on the matter that cannabis does affect your driving abilities.

The problem is how much and in what quantity for better regulation.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, stoner said:

this is incorrect. thai sativa landrace will top out at around max 18 percent thc. terpene levels are not impressive at all either. 

the old thai stick myth is just that....myth.

its all people knew of during that time so of course it was the bees knees. 

I can remember doing Thai sticks for the first (and only time) in London back in 83, it blew my head off - I was almost catatonically dazed.

I used to make my own oil with grass I grew from seeds I'd brought back from Hawaii - that was definitely 50-60% THC - was brilliant and lasted ages.

But most of my dope smoking was done with hashish (also high THC content) of all varieties and provenances. Is hashish or oil now legal in LOS? Is hashish even available? - never heard it talked about.

58 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I am, what's wrong with alcoholics?

Did i say there is anything wrong about being an alcoholic?

You need to see the word in the context i used.

12 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

But perhaps a genius did not work it out, as it clearly states:

“Our latest research makes it clear that legalizing marijuana for recreational use does increase overall crash rates,” 

"That’s consistent with a 2018 IIHS study of police-reported crashes — most of which did not involve injuries or fatalities — that found that legalization of retail sales in Colorado,  Oregon and Washington was associated with a 5 percent higher crash rate compared with the neighboring control states."

I'm going to go out on a limb here ???? and say that together with my experience, driving laws and all available studies (dozens) on the matter that cannabis does affect your driving abilities.

The problem is how much and in what quantity for better regulation.

I highly doubt that that 5% higher crash rate statistic quoted in the above study is a good indicator of what is likely to happen in Thailand.

Moving violation traffic control, prevalence of equipment to detect and measure intoxication on the roadside, penalties for DUII, corruption, not to mention how accident statistics are compiled here are all going to distort the true impact. States like CO, OR and CA have very aggressive DWI/DUII laws, Thailand's laws are very weak in comparison.

• Like 2

I'm surprised no one's considering the possibility that the weed has been adulterated to increase its potency or even sprayed with pesticide. It sounds like a lot of the production is going to be done cottage industry style. Quality control isn't a concern?

There's a few serious nut jobs on these cannabis threads. OK, we get it. You love smoking marijuana. Stop talking down to people: I doubt there's anybody on this forum who hasn't smoked marijuana. Your downplaying of traffic safety concerns and the impact marijuana is going to have on the personal development of Thais, especially the youth is irresponsible, exceedingly selfish, and if I may be frank, rather stupid and shortsighted. All you seem to care about is your ability to light up a spliff. You don't seem to give a rat's ass for the impact this is likely to have on road safety, and educational standards in Thailand.

Where are all the people who endlessly castigate Thais and the Thai police every time there's another horrific accident in the news? Where are all the critics of Thailand's educational system, who endlessly bash Thai teachers, lament the lack of critical thinking, and cluck their tongues at the latest report of Thai under performance in academic proficiency exams? It feels like there's a couldn't care less, not my 'plobrem' attitude, with zero concern, much less consideration about what impact this might be having on Thais. Just a hedonistic fixation on Thailand having become a place you can now light up a joint without fear of being arrested. It looks to me like some of you are just using Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

8 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

I'm surprised no one's considering the possibility that the weed has been adulterated to increase its potency or even sprayed with pesticide. It sounds like a lot of the production is going to be done cottage industry style. Quality control isn't a concern?

There's a few serious nut jobs on these cannabis threads. OK, we get it. You love smoking marijuana. Stop talking down to people: I doubt there's anybody on this forum who hasn't smoked marijuana. Your downplaying of traffic safety concerns and the impact marijuana is going to have on the personal development of Thais, especially the youth is irresponsible, exceedingly selfish, and if I may be frank, rather stupid and shortsighted. All you seem to care about is your ability to light up a spliff. You don't seem to give a rat's ass for the impact this is likely to have on road safety, and educational standards in Thailand.

Where are all the people who endlessly castigate Thais and the Thai police every time there's another horrific accident in the news? Where are all the critics of Thailand's educational system, who endlessly bash Thai teachers, lament the lack of critical thinking, and cluck their tongues at the latest report of Thai under performance in academic proficiency exams? It feels like there's a couldn't care less, not my 'plobrem' attitude, with zero concern, much less consideration about what impact this might be having on Thais. Just a hedonistic fixation on Thailand having become a place you can now light up a joint without fear of being arrested. It looks to me like some of you are just using Thailand.

Why are you so obsessed with a subject that you quite clearly have no interest in?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

@Bert got kinky Just for the record, I was talking about you and @Bday Prang and maybe a couple of other in the above post. Your claims about Thailand having a centuries long culture of pot smoking are disingenuous. The potency of the marijuana which is now being introduced is far stronger than the brickweed you mentioned in another thread. Obviously, there is going to be a lot of unfamiliarity and experimentation with stronger varieties and people are going to find out the hard way that it can impair your ability to operate a motor vehicle. So please stop acting like this is totally harmless and anyone who has concerns is a throwback to 1950's style 'reefer madness' hysteria.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Sad 3

3 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

Why are you so obsessed with a subject that you quite clearly have no interest in?

Traffic safety and the academic development of younger generations are subjects we all have an interest in. Stupid question.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

Traffic safety and the academic development of younger generations are subjects we all have an interest in. Stupid question.

So why not worry about more relevant traffic safety issues instead of harping on about something that you know diddly squat about.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

So why not worry about more relevant traffic safety issues instead of harping on about something that you know diddly squat about.

There's so many other things to worry about besides marijuana. That's called making a relative argument while ignoring the issue at hand. Just because you apparently have been smoking pot in Thailand and know people who smoke pot doesn't make you an authority on traffic safety or academic development, two subject YOU appear to know very little about.

P.S. Let me know when you want to call a truce with the sad face emojis. ????

Edited by Gecko123
  • Confused 2

21 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

@Bert got kinky Just for the record, I was talking about you and @Bday Prang and maybe a couple of other in the above post. Your claims about Thailand having a centuries long culture of pot smoking are disingenuous. The potency of the marijuana which is now being introduced is far stronger than the brickweed you mentioned in another thread. Obviously, there is going to be a lot of unfamiliarity and experimentation with stronger varieties and people are going to find out the hard way that it can impair your ability to operate a motor vehicle. So please stop acting like this is totally harmless and anyone who has concerns is a throwback to 1950's style 'reefer madness' hysteria.

potency of the marijuana which is now being introduced is far stronger than the brickweed you mentioned

Do you really think that we are up to the strength of what is available in Amsterdam or California?

I have been 'experimenting' with different strains that are available here over the past couple of weeks and while the new stuff is slightly stronger than brickweed, the difference is not massive.

Of all of the different exotic strains that I have tried recently, nothing wobbled me.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

potency of the marijuana which is now being introduced is far stronger than the brickweed you mentioned

Do you really think that we are up to the strength of what is available in Amsterdam or California?

I have been 'experimenting' with different strains that are available here over the past couple of weeks and while the new stuff is slightly stronger than brickweed, the difference is not massive.

Of all of the different exotic strains that I have tried recently, nothing wobbled me.

This has barely gotten off the ground. What's stopping potency from becoming ever stronger?

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

There's so many other things to worry about besides marijuana. That's called making a relative argument while ignoring the issue at hand. Just because you apparently have been smoking pot in Thailand and know people who smoke pot doesn't make you an authority on traffic safety or academic development, two subject YOU appear to know very little about.

P.S. Let me know when you want to call a truce with the sad face emojis. ????

P.S. Let me know when you want to call a truce with the sad face emojis.

I wouldn't worry too much, I believe that the negative icons also count towards the number of your reputation.

In case toy don't believe that, how did a rogue like me end up with such a high reputation count? ????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bert got kinky said:

P.S. Let me know when you want to call a truce with the sad face emojis.

I wouldn't worry too much, I believe that the negative icons also count towards the number of your reputation.

In case toy don't believe that, how did a rogue like me end up with such a high reputation count? ????

No, sad face and confused emojis don't count towards one's forum reputation. Frankly, I think there are only a tiny number of posters on this forum who deserve their high 'like' reputations. A lot of it is cliquism, familiarity, and a lot of 'reputations' on this forum were built by people rushing to be the first to post on a thread and pandering to the crowd with inane quips which are usually unoriginal and mind numbingly repetitive. You really do have to consider the audience. This forum used to have a lot more thoughtful and observant posters than it does today.

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

No, sad face and confused emojis don't count towards one's forum reputation. Frankly, I think there are only a tiny number of posters on this forum who deserve their high 'like' reputations. A lot of it is cliquism, familiarity, and a lot of 'reputations' on this forum were built by people rushing to be the first to post on a thread and pandering to the crowd with inane quips which are usually unoriginal and mind numbingly repetitive. You really do have to consider the audience. This forum used to have a lot more thoughtful and observant posters than it does today.

Please don't be so hard on yourself, sometimes you do make sensible and factually correct posts.

2 hours ago, BusyB said:

I used to make my own oil with grass I grew from seeds I'd brought back from Hawaii - that was definitely 50-60% THC - was brilliant and lasted ages.

can you clarify for me please. are you saying the bud you grew was 50 or 60 percent thc. or are you talking about the oil ? 

extraction is not the same product at all. changes the entire game if one consumes it. 

6 hours ago, freedomnow said:

What is regarded as strong percentage/terpenes ? Or not so simple to answer ?

this takes lab testing. very easy and possible once done in a professional setting. 

i am home in canada now. all products being sold legally at stores here have all that information printed on the pack so the consumer can make an informed decision. 

Edited by stoner
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I think it's been around a lot longer than you think:

"Thai Cannabis Strains to be Listed as National Heritages"

https://bloom.express/thai-government-approved-strains/

You're missing the point. It isn't a question of whether cannabis is native to Thailand. The point is that it has been legalized with almost no educational preparation about traffic safety impact, no planning about limiting access to young people, or even the health impacts of smoking anything.

The way this has been rolled out by the Thai government, it's like they're encouraging everyone to get high, grow marijuana, sell marijuana, etc. I'm convinced this is all a cynical populist ploy to boost Anutin's popularity amongst the masses. He's like El Salvador's president adopting Bitcoin because he wants to be perceived as forward thinking, without giving much thought to any of the downside.

You don't think there's going to be an uptick in traffic fatalities, or an erosion of academic performance, and there's no issues about cannabis being a gateway drug or encouraging drug abuse or smoking in general? Out in the countryside, people are going to be able to grow cannabis virtually cost free. Kids are going to be able to get high virtually cost free.

You don't think any of this is going to encourage the selling of harder drugs in areas like Phuket, Pattaya, Chiang Mai, etc., perhaps attracting criminal elements as a result? And where, pray tell, does Buddhism fit into all of this?

Who's right? We shall see, shan't we?

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

You're missing the point. It isn't a question of whether cannabis is native to Thailand. The point is that it has been legalized with almost no educational preparation about traffic safety impact, no planning about limiting access to young people, or even the health impacts of smoking anything.

The way this has been rolled out by the Thai government, it's like they're encouraging everyone to get high, grow marijuana, sell marijuana, etc. I'm convinced this is all a cynical populist step to boost Anutin's popularity amongst the masses. He's like El Salvador's president adopting Bitcoin because he wants to be perceived as forward thinking, without giving much thought to any of the downside.

You don't think there's going to be an uptick in traffic fatalities, or an erosion of academic performance, and there's no issues about cannabis being a gateway drug or encouraging drug abuse or smoking in general? You don't think any of this is going to encourage the selling of harder drugs in areas like Phuket, Pattaya, Chiang Mai, etc., perhaps attracting criminal elements as a result?

Who's right? We shall see, shan't we?

So very glad that your not suffering from 1950's style 'reefer madness' hysteria. ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

What a useless human.........snowflakes. 

Here's a few quotes he will be repeating to himself. 

- I am a failure. 

- I am so boring.

- Nothing I do works out. 

- I can’t do anything right.

- What a screw-up I am.

Sadly, now we will see more unwanted joint-smoking negative news. 

For God's sake, Man up dude. 

Well said.

@KhunLAOut in the countryside, much of which is impoverished, cannabis is going to be enormously popular because it will be virtually a cost-free way to get high, as it can be grown just about anywhere. It will be especially attractive to young teens who do not have the resources to experiment with other drugs which require money.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1