Pattaya police reportedly aid man on Pattaya Beach who allegedly suffered health issues and a panic attack after smoking a joint

webfact

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I suggest you read my post, where did I say I drove at all? Like I said, it not just my advice:

Crash rates jump in wake of marijuana legalization, new studies show

More evidence is emerging that crash rates go up when states legalize recreational use and retail sales of marijuana.

Crash rates spiked with the legalization of recreational marijuana use and retail sales in California, Colorado, Nevada, Oregon and Washington, a new study by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) and another by the affiliated Highway Loss Data Institute (HLDI) show.

So you are saying 'one should not drive when intoxicated?'

I totally agree,however any one should know it is illegal to do so.

The same goes for all other drugs that can effect your ability to drive.

Sounds like common sense to me.

The bad experience you had is a typical mistake made by a young person,we all made/make mistakes.

Live and learn.

4 hours ago, 2baht said:

Weed has been around for as long as carrots and cabbages!

I tried carrots once and I thought I could fly.  I went to the window to do it and thank god someone was there to stop me.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1262848-woman-posts-warning-they-put-ganja-in-my-soup-causing-an-allergic-reaction/?do=findComment&comment=17422347

Edited by bendejo

1 minute ago, jvs said:

So you are saying 'one should not drive when intoxicated?'

I totally agree,however any one should know it is illegal to do so.

The same goes for all other drugs that can effect your ability to drive.

Sounds like common sense to me.

The bad experience you had is a typical mistake made by a young person,we all made/make mistakes.

Live and learn.

Well yes obviously I'm saying that people should not drive while intoxicated, alcohol and now cannabis is a deadly combination. Indeed common sense that the facts state many people lack, especially in Thailand with its road deaths record.

Yep my experience was a mistake, I agree, I did indeed learn from it and why I've never touched it again, thanks for stating the obvious in your post

15 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I suggest you read my post, where did I say I drove at all? However thanks for the advice that it can stay in the body for weeks so people should be more careful.  

Crash rates jump in wake of marijuana legalization, new studies show

More evidence is emerging that crash rates go up when states legalize recreational use and retail sales of marijuana.

Crash rates spiked with the legalization of recreational marijuana use and retail sales in California, Colorado, Nevada, Oregon and Washington, a new study by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) and another by the affiliated Highway Loss Data Institute (HLDI) show.

Its pretty clear from your post that you drove so don't try to deny it

Yeah and crash rates go up when people start driving at all ! maybe just ban cars  then there would be no crashes. And if it saves just one child's life will it have been a positive move (to echo the usual arguments for banning things)

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Its pretty clear from your post that you drove so don't try to deny it

Yeah and crash rates go up when people start driving at all ! maybe just ban cars  then there would be no crashes. And if it saves just one child's life will it have been a positive move (to echo the usual arguments for banning things)

You've been smoking for 40 years is anything clear to you..............lol

Ignoring the crash rates spiking as a result of cannabis usage suggests not

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya police and rescuers from Sawang Boriboon Rescue Foundation found a 29-year-old male, Seksan (last name withheld), on the beach and treated his suffering.

I wonder if he'll get the one trillion baht fine for puffing on the beach?

Or is that reserved?

7 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

What a useless human.........snowflakes. 

Here's a few quotes he will be repeating to himself. 

- I am a failure. 

- I am so boring.

- Nothing I do works out. 

- I can’t do anything right.

- What a screw-up I am.

Sadly, now we will see more unwanted joint-smoking negative news. 

For God's sake, Man up dude. 

Jesus Christ...   

Perhaps he's just not as big a pot head as as some?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

29 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You've been smoking for 40 years is anything clear to you..............lol

Ignoring the crash rates spiking as a result of cannabis usage suggests not

The study you provide the link to in its self admits that the "evidence" is somewhat inconclusive,  and that would be clear to a blind man There is no way they can prove that the accidents were directly caused  as a result of cannabis usage. It is anecdotal at best, in fact, all it does prove is that people are more likely to admit to cannabis use when it is not illegal. Don't need to be a genius to work that one out

5 hours ago, pomchop said:
7 hours ago, Nickelbeer said:

Stay away from pot and you won’t have a problem. I have never been able to handle that stuff when smoked. Edibles are much preferable. I sleep like a baby. ????

actually edibles are a bigger worry than smoking...idiots can eat 50 edibles and OD and die or go berserk when it all hits at one time

What?  What on earth are you talking about?    Would smoking fifty joints at a time have no consequences?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

5 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:
6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

And here comes the future road carnage excuses....................

Once again you confirm you have no idea what you are commenting about.

Once again you confirm that you have no idea what a sense of humour is.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, jimmybcool said:

Was he arrested?  Isn't recreational weed still illegal there?

No, there are several dispensaries openly selling bud with THC content over 10%. 

Ganja Witch in Tipp Plaza on Beach Road is one. There are no doubt others. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jimmybcool said:

Was he arrested?  Isn't recreational weed still illegal there?

Don't the police have to see this type of offence being committed in order to arrest him?  By the time they arrived I doubt that he was still smoking due to his medical state.

6 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

Once again you confirm you have no idea what you are commenting about.

OK, let's see you agree to pay say 10,000 baht to say a local orphanage for every conviction in the next 5 years for weed road deaths. Kids there will be eating KFC and pizza every day and they'll be able to build new wings on the building. It's coming, just wait.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, RichardColeman said:

OK, let's see you agree to pay say 10,000 baht to say a local orphanage for every conviction in the next 5 years for weed road deaths. Kids there will be eating KFC and pizza every day and they'll be able to build new wings on the building. It's coming, just wait.

It's coming, just wait.

So are the submarines.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jvs said:

You call some one who uses cannabis legally a pothead,that tells me  what

your stand is on this issue.

Do you call every one who uses beer an alcoholic?

Maybe you are one?

Try to be fair if you want to be taken serious.

A "pothead" is a habitual user. It doesn't have anything to do with legal or illegal. As it happens, btw, I do not drink alcohol. I don't know the statistics on alcoholism among Thais and foreigners in Thailand. I would guess that among foreigners, it is high, as many don't seem to have anything else to do. But I couldn't say. I do think the hostility expressed in these posts from users is revealing.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1