Pattaya police reportedly aid man on Pattaya Beach who allegedly suffered health issues and a panic attack after smoking a joint

webfact

23 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

Yabba is not expensive and is currently the drug of choice for youngsters in Isaarn.

I would much prefer that people were stimulated by ganja rather than 'out of their tree crazy' on Yabba.

You seem to have a hard on for smokers without any understanding of the drug (?) whatsoever.

Just the slightest research into ganja would tell you that there is absolutely no evidence that it is a gateway drug.

No more people turn to harder drugs after Ganja than those drinking alcohol or eating ice cream in Glasgow in the 80s.

In fact, if anything, it keeps kids away from other drugs.

Seriously, if you want to whinge about other people enjoying themselves, you really need to learn the subject matter rather than reeling off those reefer madness 'facts' of yours.

He’ not whinging, he’s pointing out the negative effects that have not been planned for in the chaotic roll out. It’s not like the police even know, how is the general public supposed to. 

It’s a discussion forum.

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

He’ not whinging, he’s pointing out the negative effects that have not been planned for in the chaotic roll out. It’s not like the police even know, how is the general public supposed to. 

It’s a discussion forum.

No, he's whinging.

Furthermore, he's whinging about something that he knows nothing about, just his own clear prejudices.

Edited by Bert got kinky
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Bert got kinky said:

No, he's whinging.

Ok here is my opinion. It’s not been thought through in the slightest. What Regs are in place for driving, for age, for testing or is it just a free for all?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Ok here is my opinion. It’s not been thought through in the slightest. What Regs are in place for driving, for age, for testing or is it just a free for all?

Seriously, are you not reading anything about what has been said???

It has quite clearly been stated who cannot buy Ganja in Thailand and age (no one under 20yo) was the first item on the lists.

Would you like for us to do your research for you?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bert got kinky said:

Seriously, are you not reading anything about what has been said???

It has quite clearly been stated who cannot buy Ganja in Thailand and age (no one under 20yo) was the first item on the lists.

Would you like for us to do your research for you?

Ok, driving which is the biggie? How are the police going to enforce it when they fail to enforce so many other traffic offenses, are you ok with that or does it not concern you?

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, coolcarer said:

Ok, driving which is the biggie? How are the police going to enforce it when they fail to enforce so many other traffic offenses, are you ok with that or does it not concern you?

Again, read up & research,.

This matter is being dealt with at the moment and it is being set up.

there have been many press releases stating this.

As for my concerns about high drivers, has this been a problem in the past or was weed not available at all to anyone previous to the decriminalization, how did we manage before?

I would be more concerned with motorbikes coming towards me, against the flow of traffic and without headlights at 2am, far more dangerous.

Despite all of the Chicken Little's running around professing the doom of Thai civilization, the sky will still be in the same place tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Its spot on what the Thais say about us , well some of us    Farang think too much"

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

Again, read up & research,.

This matter is being dealt with at the moment and it is being set up.

there have been many press releases stating this.

As for my concerns about high drivers, has this been a problem in the past or was weed not available at all to anyone previous to the decriminalization, how did we manage before?

I would be more concerned with motorbikes coming towards me, against the flow of traffic and without headlights at 2am, far more dangerous.

Despite all of the Chicken Little's running around professing the doom of Thai civilization, the sky will still be in the same place tomorrow.

They are planning it now, after already making it legal, as I said a chaotic rollout

most Thai’s are worried about it they are also not whingers but because little to no information has been given till after the fact has people concerned.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40017068

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Some people will not be happy until they have turned this place into a copy of the miserable over-regulated places they used to live For the love of god chill out

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

They are planning it now, after already making it legal, as I said a chaotic rollout

most Thai’s are worried about it they are also not whingers but because little to no information has been given till after the fact has people concerned.

Again I ask you, has this been a problem in the past or was weed not available at all to anyone previous to the decriminalization, how did we manage before?

You seem to think that weed is new to Thais and Thailand and that the people smoking now weren't smoking last year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bert got kinky said:

No, he's whinging.

Furthermore, he's whinging about something that he knows nothing about, just his own clear prejudices.

Of course he's whinging  and he's getting on my nerves a bit too. I never realised what sheltered lives some people have lead. The level of ignorance on here is actually astounding. I didn't even know such people actually live here. how do some of these people manage to exist here. They wouldn't last long in the "impoverished countryside (not my words) where I live

Can you imagine it...

" Look TeeRak there's that young tearaway riding his motorcycle with no helmet, I'm going to have a strong word with his father and give him a piece of my mind "

"Oh please not again don't cause trouble TeeRak"   ...

".No don't try to stop me standards must be maintained and if the father wont control him then I'll be speaking to the PhuYai Ban in the stongest terms "

"what do you mean he doesn't speak English, He jolly well has to, and whilst I'm there I'll be mentioning that young strumpet who has just a a child out of holy wedlock, absolutely disgraceful "   etc etc      hahahahaha !

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Good job they don't get their (mis) information from this forum they would be terrified with "reefer madness"  by the way nobody pays any attention to "dusit polls"

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Good job they don't get their (mis) information from this forum they would be terrified with "reefer madness"  by the way nobody pays any attention to "dusit polls"

The Thai’s that took the survey do but I agree it’s a good job they do not get info from this forum, Never seen such B.S in my life.

This is sensible however.

We legalised cannabis for medical use and for health," Mr Anutin said at Government House on Friday. Usage beyond this are inappropriate… and we need laws to control it," he said.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-06-17/thailand-issues-regulations-on-cannabis-use/101163852

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

The Thai’s that took the survey do but I agree it’s a good job they do not get info from this forum, Never seen such B.S in my life.

This is sensible however.

We legalised cannabis for medical use and for health," Mr Anutin said at Government House on Friday. Usage beyond this are inappropriate… and we need laws to control it," he said.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-06-17/thailand-issues-regulations-on-cannabis-use/101163852

I can assure you neither Thais nor anybody else take any notice of Dusit polls  they are renowned for using very small representative samples and being very selective regarding the type of people they ask, normally to further an often political agenda. They obviously did not only legalise cannabis for "medical reasons and health" whatever Anutin or any of them might say. The main reason for any of it was money  pure and simple and Anutin and his friends have no doubt done very well out of it so far with much more money to come. Allowing people to grow ten plants in their gardens has nothing to do with medical usage does it ?  Mind you I'm certainly not complaining 

Edited by Bday Prang

2 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I can assure you neither Thais nor anybody else take any notice of Dusit polls  they are renowned for using very small representative samples and being very selective regarding the type of people they ask, normally to further an often political agenda. They obviously did not only legalise cannabis for "medical reasons and health" whatever Anutin or any of them might say. The main reason for any of it was money  pure and simple and Anutin and his friends have no doubt done very well out of it so far with much more money to come. Allowing people to grow ten plants in their gardens has nothing to do with medical usage does it ?  Mind you I'm certainly not complaining 

Let me repeat again, you fail to understand. The Thai’s that took part in that survey have concerns, that is a fact.

Yes totally agree it was done for money with no thought to the effects on society without strict regulation.

50 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Let me repeat again, you fail to understand. The Thai’s that took part in that survey have concerns, that is a fact.

Yes totally agree it was done for money with no thought to the effects on society without strict regulation.

I think its you who doesn't understand  It would be very easy for me to find 2000 or so people who would think completely the opposite of what the people in the dusit survey allegedly said.  Would you consider that a representative survey?

3 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I think its you who doesn't understand  It would be very easy for me to find 2000 or so people who would think completely the opposite of what the people in the dusit survey allegedly said.  Would you consider that a representative survey?

No because Dusit publish the results with balanced questions that include those same people who have concerns also saying that they are ok with medical cannabis and you are an anonymous  forum cannabis user.

I note you used Canada as a good example of its legal cannabis policy and your constant rhetoric of over regulation. have you seen the regulations they have in place?

https://www.alberta.ca/cannabis-legalization-in-canada.aspx

8 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

You're missing the point. It isn't a question of whether cannabis is native to Thailand. The point is that it has been legalized with almost no educational preparation about traffic safety impact, no planning about limiting access to young people, or even the health impacts of smoking anything

these are all valid points and should be taken into consideration and studied etc. your comment went to the deep end after that though. so we will leave all that story telling alone. 

9 hours ago, coolcarer said:

No because Dusit publish the results with balanced questions that include those same people who have concerns also saying that they are ok with medical cannabis and you are an anonymous  forum cannabis user.

I note you used Canada as a good example of its legal cannabis policy and your constant rhetoric of over regulation. have you seen the regulations they have in place?

https://www.alberta.ca/cannabis-legalization-in-canada.aspx

You seem to have difficulty understanding things, either that or you are a little naiive and believe all you read in the media,

I'll try to explain one last time....If, as it appears Dusit (or the people that commissioned them)  wanted to their survey to suggest that people were generally in favour of medical use only, then they discard any answers that contradict that and publish only answers that support their agenda (or rather the agenda of who ever commissioned the survey) He who pays the piper calls the tune,  as they say . If I was to ask the entire population of the village where I live nobody would even be interested in the subject, they like most Thais have other things to think about. 

You also seem to have difficulty understanding my posts . I have never produced constant rhetoric of over regulation, my "constant rhetoric " is almost with exception in regards to ignorant people spreading hysterical predictions and mis-information.

Furthermore the ONLY time I have ever mentioned Canada  in any post was to cite it as an example , (along with Holland if I recall correctly)  as an examples where the legalisation of cannabis had not lead to a catastrophic breakdown of society, or a descent into "hell on earth" as predicted by many of the prohibitionists on here

The ONLY  time I mentioned "over regulation" was not even specifically  aimed at cannabis it was a general observation  in response to your post and to others who are obviously not happy here and, rather than just leaving,   would prefer to change Thailand into a copy of their own miserable nanny state countries.  Why did anyone come here in the first place?, a certain demographic soon realise that they cannot handle life here and seek to change it. 

I dont think you should have too much trouble understanding the above

3 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

You seem to have difficulty understanding things, either that or you are a little naiive and believe all you read in the media,

I'll try to explain one last time....If, as it appears Dusit (or the people that commissioned them)  wanted to their survey to suggest that people were generally in favour of medical use only, then they discard any answers that contradict that and publish only answers that support their agenda (or rather the agenda of who ever commissioned the survey) He who pays the piper calls the tune,  as they say . If I was to ask the entire population of the village where I live nobody would even be interested in the subject, they like most Thais have other things to think about. 

You also seem to have difficulty understanding my posts . I have never produced constant rhetoric of over regulation, my "constant rhetoric " is almost with exception in regards to ignorant people spreading hysterical predictions and mis-information.

Furthermore the ONLY time I have ever mentioned Canada  in any post was to cite it as an example , (along with Holland if I recall correctly)  as an examples where the legalisation of cannabis had not lead to a catastrophic breakdown of society, or a descent into "hell on earth" as predicted by many of the prohibitionists on here

The ONLY  time I mentioned "over regulation" was not even specifically  aimed at cannabis it was a general observation  in response to your post and to others who are obviously not happy here and, rather than just leaving,   would prefer to change Thailand into a copy of their own miserable nanny state countries.  Why did anyone come here in the first place?, a certain demographic soon realise that they cannot handle life here and seek to change it. 

I would give it up if I were you.

You can't teach dinosaurs to fly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Correct indeed, I find the links to prove my claims far more credible than musings from a 40 year user that provides no sources for his claims.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Correct indeed, I find the links to prove my claims far more credible than musings from a 40 year user that provides no sources for his claims.

I find the links to prove my claims

Hand-picked and obscure links to justify your agenda. :shock1:

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

I find the links to prove my claims

Hand-picked and obscure links to justify your agenda. :shock1:

Obscure links? It gets to something when you are now attempting to discredit credible media including the Canadian gov. Yes I am very bias and here is my position that reflects it. I personally feel cannabis may well have some benefits for certain medical conditions, my links show that. My links also show that far stricter regulations are needed and provide examples of those regulations in countries where it has been legal for years. This is my bias and will carry on being so. So if you think your repeated trolling emojis provide you with some sort of comfort then feel free to carry on

Edited by coolcarer
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

I'm surprised no one's considering the possibility that the weed has been adulterated to increase its potency or even sprayed with pesticide. It sounds like a lot of the production is going to be done cottage industry style. Quality control isn't a concern?

There's a few serious nut jobs on these cannabis threads. OK, we get it. You love smoking marijuana. Stop talking down to people: I doubt there's anybody on this forum who hasn't smoked marijuana. Your downplaying of traffic safety concerns and the impact marijuana is going to have on the personal development of Thais, especially the youth is irresponsible, exceedingly selfish, and if I may be frank, rather stupid and shortsighted. All you seem to care about is your ability to light up a spliff. You don't seem to give a rat's ass for the impact this is likely to have on road safety, and educational standards in Thailand.

Where are all the people who endlessly castigate Thais and the Thai police every time there's another horrific accident in the news? Where are all the critics of Thailand's educational system, who endlessly bash Thai teachers, lament the lack of critical thinking, and cluck their tongues at the latest report of Thai under performance in academic proficiency exams? It feels like there's a couldn't care less, not my 'plobrem' attitude, with zero concern, much less consideration about what impact this might be having on Thais. Just a hedonistic fixation on Thailand having become a place you can now light up a joint without fear of being arrested. It looks to me like some of you are just using Thailand.

Now THAT is a rant..

The sky isn't falling tomorrow Chicken Little!

• Thanks 1