No sure what you are asking about.

The 800k baht has to be in a Thai bank for 2 months before you apply for a extension of stay based upon retirement and then for 3 months after you apply. The you can reduce it to 400k baht until you top up your account to 800k baht for the next extension.

Sorry about mistake above. Here on Non-O based on Thai wife. On my second 12 month extension based upon retirement. 19 months ago my wife put the 800k into my new Bangkok Bank account, where it stayed until today. I am going to US Thursday and will return end of October. Current extension expires January 2023. My wife  needs the money to help with a local land deal; instead of taking 400k, she withdrew all of it. I lost the argument at the teller window, she said that  she would replace it 3 months prior to next extension date. We have a good relationship with SiRacha Immigration, but when they see a withdrawal of 800k, I think my visa will be terminated. Any thoughts here?

I think you will have problems applying for a new extension in January.

Many people have been denied their extension application for not keeping the 400k baht in the bank.

I assume you got a re-entry permit at immigration.

22 minutes ago, Grandpaneal said:

My wife  needs the money to help with a local land deal; instead of taking 400k, she withdrew all of it.

You will not be able to obtain extension based on retirement as you have not met the financial requirements.

One option would be to exit Thailand without reentry permit and return visa exempt and start the process over.

Be aware that a non O with extension based on marriage has far easier financial requirements. 

Edited by DrJack54

24 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think you will have problems applying for a new extension in January.

Many people have been denied their extension application for not keeping the 400k baht in the bank.

I assume you got a re-entry permit at immigration.

I did get a re-entry permit.

19 minutes ago, Grandpaneal said:

I did get a re-entry permit.

You have not complied with financial requirements.

The reentry permit will allow you to be stamped in till end date for current permit.

However your application for next extension will be rejected.

33 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You have not complied with financial requirements.

The reentry permit will allow you to be stamped in till end date for current permit.

However your application for next extension will be rejected.

(a possible option) If you have Thai children in Thailand you may get away with the Non-Imm O based having being a parent of a Thai Child - then 400k baht does not need to be seasoned for 2 months. 

1 hour ago, Grandpaneal said:

she said that  she would replace it 3 months prior to next extension date. We have a good relationship with SiRacha Immigration, but when they see a withdrawal of 800k, I think my visa will be terminated. Any thoughts here?

Do you trust she will ??

You could turn to an Extension of stay based on Marriage (400k in account for 2 months before hand)....

IF its not possible to switch from extension of stay based on retirement to extension of stay based on marriage when you apply for your extensions.. then you could simply apply for a Non-Imm-O Visa based on marriage, and then apply for the extensions of stay 2 months after arriving (and season 400k for 2 months).

Edited by richard_smith237

9 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

IMO time to say goodbye to your wife. A woman who disobeyed me on such an important issue would be out the door.

It seems it may not have been his money from what he posted:

1 hour ago, Grandpaneal said:

19 months ago my wife put the 800k into my new Bangkok Bank account

10 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

IMO time to say goodbye to your wife. A woman who disobeyed me on such an important issue would be out the door.

"disobeyed" . Interesting ! Sure  you  are meaning "did not understand " ? Or maybe  she done  both ? Oh oh !

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

(a possible option) If you have Thai children in Thailand you may get away with the Non-Imm O based having being a parent of a Thai Child - then 400k baht does not need to be seasoned for 2 months. 

He could change to a extension based upon marriage and show that the 400 baht has been the bank when he applies for it in January.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RanongCat said:

"disobeyed" . Interesting ! Sure  you  are meaning "did not understand " ? Or maybe  she done  both ? Oh oh !

Apparently the OP husband and wife had a disagreement at the teller window, before she withdrew the 800 K. Also, originally it was his money.

I've found when some Thais say they do not understand, it actually means they do not want to.

16 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Apparently the OP husband and wife had a disagreement at the teller window, before she withdrew the 800 K. Also, originally it was his money.

I've found when some Thais say they do not understand, it actually means they do not want to.

It was her money.

• Haha 1